Harrington Is Co-Leading British Open (Get on the bandwagon)

Started by Balboa, July 22, 2007, 04:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

we are blue... etc

That was some last 4 holes (regulation that is). In fairness there must have been some shitload of good karma floating around for the guy, Sergio was millimetres away with three different putts after Harrington's disaster at the 18th. About time Harrington cought a break. Delighted for the guy.

Fishead_Sam

Is it just my imagination or was one of the National Radio stations tipping people to put money on Harrignton last week.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 22, 2007, 08:01:36 PM
Greatest day ever in Irish golf, a very humble guy even for a cheeky dub...

To be honest he more a Dublinite than a Dub  :D

SouthArmaghBandit

Great result! First Irish win since 1947. Fair play to him!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: FL/MAYO on July 22, 2007, 08:29:46 PM
Funny how everyone is happy for his win even though he is a Dub!! 

Ah... but out of Ireland he's a Paddy, through and through, and that's all that counts!  ;)  Fair play to him.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Lecale2

Orior

Great result for Harrington. I was gutted when he took 6 at the 18th, and quite emotional when he mentioned his Dad at the end.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Balboa

Glad for Harrington because it would be hard to come back from a 6 at the last, (shades of Van De Velde in '99) He seems to be a good genuine fella and not up his own arse like some of the golfers.

magickingdom

epic! what a day, it will stay with me forever.... well done padraig

The Real Laoislad

Right up there with the great moments in Irish sport like Barry Mcguigan, Denis Taylor,Euro 88 and Italia '90 when you'll always remember where you were when it happened.Will always remembers todays Golf what pure excitement
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Balboa

I like the way he is being claimed as a European by sections of the media ! Wankers

blast05

QuoteI like the way he is being claimed as a European by sections of the media ! Wankers

Jaysus, even with a passing interest in golf you'd know that a European winning a major has been something of a bogey thing, not having happened in quite a few years and the fact always being talked about in the lead up to a major .... and for the last year or two, Harrington has been considered as the most likely "European" to break the bogey

Good clip of Harringtons father playing for Dublin in the '57 All-Ireland tonight on the Sunday Game. What a point he scored - a 'straight on' top of the toe drop kick over the bar.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: magickingdom on July 22, 2007, 10:37:36 PM
epic! what a day, it will stay with me forever.... well done padraig

He still bottled it when it mattered on the 18th first time round. But he showed good composure to win it,well done to him a great victory.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: blast05 on July 22, 2007, 10:58:07 PM
QuoteI like the way he is being claimed as a European by sections of the media ! Wankers

Jaysus, even with a passing interest in golf you'd know that a European winning a major has been something of a bogey thing, not having happened in quite a few years and the fact always being talked about in the lead up to a major .... and for the last year or two, Harrington has been considered as the most likely "European" to break the bogey

Good clip of Harringtons father playing for Dublin in the '57 All-Ireland tonight on the Sunday Game. What a point he scored - a 'straight on' top of the toe drop kick over the bar.

Ya nice tie in the Sunday Game

Balboa

Quote from: blast05 on July 22, 2007, 10:58:07 PM

Jaysus, even with a passing interest in golf you'd know that a European winning a major has been something of a bogey thing, not having happened in quite a few years and the fact always being talked about in the lead up to a major

Well the headline was introduced on Sky Sports as "Harrington becomes 1st European winner of major since '99". I would have thought him being the 1st Irish winner in 60 yrs would be a bigger story.