Super Dub Cluxton Hits out at the Media

Started by Tankie, July 20, 2007, 02:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

QuoteCluxton irritated by media frenzy

Stephen Cluxton
20 July 2007

Dublin's All-Star goalkeeper Stephen Cluxton has admitted that the constant nitpicking of the media which erupts after each of their games is causing a bit of a stir in the Dublin camp.

Dublin have been the focal point of media attention following their recent triumphant antics but Cluxton feels that it is only because it is Dublin that such actions are getting so much airing and believes that if it was another county it wouldn't merit a story.

"I suppose you do have to switch off at times because we aren't the only team that has certain things or does certain things in games – but we're probably the only team that gets picked out.

"It is very frustrating for a team to be singled out all the time for doing anything – whether it is walking up to the 'Hill or clapping the management or whether it is standing in front of the 'Hill for the National anthem.

"A large part of that is that the media is based in Dublin so it is going to naturally be like that. I also think that there are a lot of country folk living and working in Dublin, and they are probably going back to where they came from and saying, ah, Dublin this and that'.

"It's just frustrating to play for Dublin and see every little thing made into something big so I'm sure it's the same for them. You always see Dublin in the papers," Cluxton said.

He makes alot of valid points, maybe you boys in here should stop making Mountains out of Molehiles aswell!
Grand Slam Saturday!

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Star Spangler

Quotebut we're probably the only team that gets picked out.

Give me a break!  ::)

Tankie

Quote from: Star Spangler on July 20, 2007, 02:58:21 PM
Quotebut we're probably the only team that gets picked out.

Give me a break!  ::)

who else does?
Grand Slam Saturday!

Star Spangler

Goin Down

Ah theres always some sort of complaint from someone in the Dublin GAA senior intercounty team!
Its Cluxtons turn this week, I wonder who'll be complaining for them next week?
Remember This.

Kerry Mike

QuoteYou always see Dublin in the papers," Cluxton said.

Of course Cluxton was talking to the media to give this quote and could always have said no to doing the above interview if he didnt want Dublin to be in the media.  :P

QuoteA large part of that is that the media is based in Dublin so it is going to naturally be like that

Its called hype and we have all known that the Dublin media have been at it for years.

QuoteI also think that there are a lot of country folk living and working in Dublin, and they are probably going back to where they came from and saying, ah, Dublin this and that'

"country folk" thats such a lovely term much nicer than a being called a culchie.
Aran jumpers, Wellies and bottles of tae in the bog while cutting turf spring to mind.
Its great that all our relations up in the big smoke are able to relay all this and that information to us about the Jackeens, it will be great when we get the wireless in and maybe even in the future we might get that auld Television yoke installed in our country folks houses with the thatched roofs so we can see it for ourselves.

This kind of tripe sickens me hole.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Goin Down

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 20, 2007, 03:18:31 PM
QuoteYou always see Dublin in the papers," Cluxton said.

Of course Cluxton was talking to the media to give this quote and could always have said no to doing the above interview if he didnt want Dublin to be in the media.  :P

QuoteA large part of that is that the media is based in Dublin so it is going to naturally be like that

Its called hype and we have all known that the Dublin media have been at it for years.

QuoteI also think that there are a lot of country folk living and working in Dublin, and they are probably going back to where they came from and saying, ah, Dublin this and that'

"country folk" thats such a lovely term much nicer than a being called a culchie.
Aran jumpers, Wellies and bottles of tae in the bog while cutting turf spring to mind.
Its great that all our relations up in the big smoke are able to relay all this and that information to us about the Jackeens, it will be great when we get the wireless in and maybe even in the future we might get that auld Television yoke installed in our country folks houses with the thatched roofs so we can see it for ourselves.

This kind of tripe sickens me hole.

Kerry winning Sam so often sickens my hole!
Remember This.

his holiness nb

The it would be "arrogant cheeky dubs refuse to talk to the media, who do they think they are"

Except for the comment that they are the only team to get it (it happens in smaller doses to some teams) I cant see anything wrong with what he said.
Bear in mind the dubs have a right to be a bit ticked off with the media this week given the disgraceful coverage of Bonner.
Although I do admit its a bit ironic he complained about the media to the media  :o
Ask me holy bollix

mc_grens

Kerry Mike

Mine too, but thats usually from a month on the porter in October.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Davitt Man

everything was grand the last day untill brogan and bonner got involved with the 2 laois lads, id expect that sort of behaviour from bonner but not from brogan, he should have a bit more class about him, basically dublin didnt need to be getting involved with laois at all. They had the game won and should have just played the game out without that kind of messing.

As for vaughan waving his hands in front of rooney, that sort of stuff always goes on, rooney was giving vaughan dogs abuse before that as well so vaughan just taunted rooney after the goal,no harm there donaghy did it last year when he scored the goal against armagh, he yelled straight in heratys face when he scored the goal after heraty was giving him abuse all day.

longball

i mind reading sumwhere that after winning a trophey Cluxton never stays out for the presentation he always goes into the changing rooms as he doesnt like being surrounded by big crowds like that---- is this true??
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Gnevin

Quote from: longball on July 20, 2007, 03:37:36 PM
i mind reading sumwhere that after winning a trophey Cluxton never stays out for the presentation he always goes into the changing rooms as he doesnt like being surrounded by big crowds like that---- is this true??
Come to think of it I've never seen him lifting the Delaneay cup
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.