Hurling Quarter final postponed?

Started by Uladh, July 20, 2007, 12:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Journo friend telling me hears this weekends games re to be postponed as a mark of respect following the untimely death of Vanessa McGarry. Can anyone confirm this as i can't find confirmaton anywhere?

thebandit

Just confirmed on Today fm

games are now on Saturday week July 28th

topgun

fair play to the gaa, putting the familys first and calling off this weekends games, thoughts and prayers are with the McGarry and O'Mahoney familys, puts sport into perspective.
a prophet is not recognised by his own

Sky Blue

The funerals are on Sunday. Right thing to do.

timmyot501

Very sad news indeed - Right to call off the games on Sunday

AZOffaly

If this is true, then well done to the GAA on making the right decision in my view. How could you ask anyone to play a game in those circumstances, with the funeral taking place the same day.

Spiritof98

Is it just the senior games or are the Nicky Rackhard/ring Games affected
I'll go back if Marsdens back

IolarCoisCuain

They are right and correct to postpone the games, but they must have been under a lot of pressure not to, the world being as it is. Fair play to them for knowing what's important.

Go ndéana Dia trócaire ar na mairbh.

orangeman

Fair play to the GAA for making this postponement -

magpie seanie

Right and proper decision. Hurling can wait.

magickingdom

shocking news, my thoughts and prayers are with the McGarry and O'Mahony familys. the gaa have made the right decision.

Redgreenery

Right decision by the Gaa, it's good to see they have decency, sympathy goes to the family in this troubling time.

lynchbhoy

good move alright
but
have any of you heard of inter county championship games being cancelled before ?
is this a first ?
I suppose funerals on a sunday are relatively new to Ireland - well I had not come across them until recently...

The Real Laoislad

But surely it would have been cancelled anyway,How could his team mates go and play after something like this happenend? Some things are far more important than Gaa
You'll Never Walk Alone.