Sligo v Cork, AI Quater Final

Started by Goin Down, July 19, 2007, 05:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Sligo have any chance of Progression?

Defineatly
No Chance
Depends on Corks Form
Mabye on their day
Doubt it, but tiny chance

Goin Down

Paddy Power's not favouring Sligo at all, giving them odds at 5/1.
Remember This.

armaghniac

QuotePaddy Power's not favouring Sligo at all, giving them odds at 5/1.

it will be interesting to see the odds for Sligo to win by 1 - 2 points, that might be worth a few.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

magpie seanie

Sligo to win Connacht final by 1-3 points was 15/2. It was nice.

Goin Down

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 30, 2007, 03:44:52 PM
Sligo to win Connacht final by 1-3 points was 15/2. It was nice.

Jaysus no one gave Sligo a look in, well done for proving the bookies wrong anyways! Mabye they'll do it again against Cork!  ::)
Remember This.

Red Nose Red Hand

I need help here guys - I'm going to be in Glasgow on Saturday and I need somewhere to see the matches. Any body know where I can catch them? I'm desperate here, boys. Come on. Help me, please.

Redgreenery

Dont know where you'd get it, but i'd assume the channel you'd be looking for is Setanta so just look for a skybox in any sports pub and you'll probably get it.

The Stand Side

I expect there will be large crowds from Meath and Sligo in HQ on Saturday. Also good crowd from Tyrone.  Will Cork be bring many supporters.  I suppose they consider a weekend in Dublin at the start of August as far to erly in the season?

When are teams due to be announced~?  Any changes expected?

Stagmeister

Sligo county board announced that they have sold 10,000 tickets so I'd say there should be 12 to 13k sligo fans at the game, cant see Cork bringing many at all they usually dont unless some of them decide to make a weekend of it and come up for the football and hurling. I would expect a big crowd from Meath and a fairly decent crowd from Tyrone as well, Overall I'd say there will be about 55 to 60k there between the two games.

Sligo and Cork announced their teams - Sligo have named the same starting 15 while Cork have made two changes with Quirke coming back in to goals and Noel O'Leary coming in at wing half back - thats two good players coming in for them.

Redgreenery

I'd say a good crowd would go up from Sligo, in fairness to them they dont get many oppertunities to go to Croker.

stephenite

All the best to Sligo this weekend, enjoy the weekend lads and show them langers there's still some footballers west of the Shannon that'll have a say in this years race for Sam

Tyrones own

Best of luck tomorrow to the Sligo lads, 100% for 70 mins and a semi Final
  place could well be on the cards 8)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

heurebag

cork sligo , will be the dourest contest croke park has ever seen

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: heurebag on August 04, 2007, 01:15:18 PM
cork sligo , will be the dourest contest croke park has ever seen

You got it spot on
You'll Never Walk Alone.

prewtna

Maguire01

Or, how bad is Connacht football?