Tír Eoghain v An Mhí (AI Quarter Final '07)

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 19, 2007, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

The Tyrone view is fairly evenly mixed JP, some confident, and some not so confident. Yes, I'd say Sligo will get the majority of the Tyrone support (and probably the majority of Meath too) -- we forgive them for beating us out the gate in 2002!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

u bent op uw

Nervous tension definitely starting now. The abiding memory of '96 was Meath banging over great points from 35/40 metres to hammer us out the ground and the roar reverberating from the Hogan as they popped over.

Different stadium, different football order...please God different result.

Norf Tyrone

A fella I know has 4*spare Hill tickets at face value if anyone wants them. I'll be on here the moro, so send a PM with your number and I'll give you a shout. He can meet up at HQ if required.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Star Spangler

Meath - Sagitarius
Tomorrow you get to visit the New World for the first time.  What will greet you there will shock you and your opponents will win comfortably this time.  You will learn from this however and become stronger for it.

Hardy

If you'll forgive this bout of Fearonism, four premium tickets for the Hogan Stand have just dropped into my lap (well, not quite - I got a call from the local and went to collect them at 7:00 and I'm just back). I'm taking it as an omen. But I'm not sure what kind of an omen. It could just mean that today is my lucky day, not tomorrow!

Anyway, I've made up my mind. Tyrome-Meath a draw, but I'm not backing it as I don't want to be ambivalent about Meath's last-minute free to win it. I'm backing Sligo +5, at 1/1 Derry at 12/5 and Monaghan +5 @ 5/6.

Jesus I can't wait for tomorrow.

Fear ón Srath Bán

orangeman

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: orangeman on August 04, 2007, 12:02:19 AM
Any pre match nerves Fear ?

One or two orangeman, but I think that's simply as a result of having been there in '96  ;)

orangeman

I have a fear that 96 might work against us - ?? Brolly today in Gaelic life talked about Meath having had an air of invincibilty ? Might this filter through to our players or are this group simply from a different generation ?

orangeman

Going down in am ? Going to Tullamore ? Staying in Dublin tomorrow night ? We are  - so we're hoping for good weekend.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: orangeman on August 04, 2007, 12:19:06 AM
I have a fear that 96 might work against us - ?? Brolly today in Gaelic life talked about Meath having had an air of invincibilty ? Might this filter through to our players or are this group simply from a different generation ?

Different generation, completely; different teams with different achievements. Meath are not a bad team, but a (relatively) easy passage so far...

Mike Sheehy

QuoteYes, there was a need, you patrol Tyrone issues with an agenda and contribute nothing positive to your own county's threads, therefore you are indeed a 'bitter bollox'.

You think ? Well I'll not be taking lip from you arsehole. I'll say what I want to say on whatever thread I want and if if pricks like you dont like that then thats better still.

Tyrones own

Don't mind them Bad Boys Michelle, i still love ye :-*
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Mike Sheehy

mind them ? not at all. I'm going to have great sport with Tyssam5 when he shows up again, the cretin.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 04, 2007, 12:26:10 AM
You think ? Well I'll not be taking lip from you arsehole. I'll say what I want to say on whatever thread I want and if if pricks like you dont like that then thats better still.

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 04, 2007, 12:42:26 AM
mind them ? not at all. I'm going to have great sport with Tyssam5 when he shows up again, the cretin.

Jeez Sheehy, go and have a play with yourself please, you are a pollution on this forum, particularly where Tyrone are concerned, and you have a problem. No more from me to you, saddo.