Tír Eoghain v An Mhí (AI Quarter Final '07)

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 19, 2007, 02:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snappiered

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 02, 2007, 09:38:26 AM
The latest is that Dooher is starting (RTE1 radio)!  :o

And yes, teamsheet should be released this evening.

This true about Dooher? Be a massive boost. I had heard from a gud source he definately wasnt starting and that O Neills involvement would be very limited.
Dooher would be a massive loss. Though Enda Mc Ginley could come in. Would like to see Big Colm Cav start this one. Big of physical presence up front. Wonder will he start Calvo. Really rate him highly but he may be more effective coming into the game as he tends to fade out of games.

Kerry Mike

SS: As I said we knew nothing of the dressing room stuff before the game how would we, just what was seen on the field did not look the best, of course teams will react to circumstances, but even a Tyronie next to me at the game commented that it was not the most sporting of gestures, but then you can never tell what goes on in a players mind, I have seen a fellow Kerry man lamping a player during the national anthem, nothing to be proud of but we can't go around and try and hide that they didnt happened either.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

orangeman

Was that Paidi who lamped his man at the Soldiers song by any chance ?

Star Spangler

Quotebut we can't go around and try and hide that they didnt happened either.

Of course not, but you'll go a long way to find anyone who has played against Tyrone who would say they show anything but the utmost respect to their opposition before the first whistle or after the last and it's important that that is pointed out here when their sportsmanship is being questioned.  It's certainly not Mickey Hartes style and it's not something he would be happy seeing in his players.

Jinxy

Quote from: rrhf on August 02, 2007, 08:31:42 AM
Tyronemen abu,  rise above it lads.  What about Moyles who should have seen a straight red V Galway before half time and would have missed this game. 

Meathmen abu, rise above it lads. ::)
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fuzzman

Kerry Mike, as a Neutral at the game, with a tinge of Monaghan bias perhaps cos of her indoors,
Who would you say was the most disciplined of the two teams that day?
Who was the dirtiest team that day?
Who got the most yellow cards?
Who was mouthing off in defenders faces when they scored a goal?
Who rarely complained to the referee when a debatable free was given?
Who surrounded the referee several times when they felt a man was booked for nothing or a soft free was given?

Do these not far outweigh NOT shaking a man's hand at the start of the game when they had already broken two rules?
Are you maybe clutching at straws?
This is OK for Armagh posters as they have no more football this season and have plenty of fishing left in the long summer.
But yer only digging yer own grave for a Kerry side who have sold their PURE football ethos down the swalley and have become one of the most cynical teams now in the country.

Tyrone Dreamer

Getting back to this Saturday - there's a seperate thread for the Monaghan game. Hope thats true about Dooher and would be a big lift. However if he's not right Id rather see him coming from the bench with 15 to go to give the team a real lift. Looking forward to the game - Meath are coming good and Tyrone must produce. Ive no doubt you'll see 2 very fired up teams and there could be some big hits in the 1st 15 minutes. Hopefully Cavanagh will do as much damage as the last day and a few others will step up to the plate. Could be a game for McCullagh and Mulgrew to show what they can do on the big stage. Will there be a big Tyrone support?

Deal_Me_In

I think Mickey will name dooher on the starting 15 tonight no matter what. He will give him every opportunity to get fit for the game and if he isn't fit come sunday the team will be well aware of this and have prepared accordingly, but he would be a huge loss

Star Spangler

The main thing is that Tyrone use the lesson* learned in the '96 game and we should come through okay.

*never underestimate the opposition.  :P

Kerry Mike

Will be a big risk to play Dooher if he is not 100% right, I hope from a footballing point of view that he can play, he is a player I admire alot and he gives everything on the pitch for Tyrone.

I know I am in "cynical" mood at the moment but anyone else think Harte will maybe start Dooher and than do a "Canavan" on him by taking him off and bringing him on again if Tyrone need a boost in the Second half. Will certainly get the Tyrone crowd going.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Star Spangler

Dooher is a great player but I don't think he would have the Canavan factor you're talking about.  I doubt if Mickey will be interested in playing too many games.  Though I do think he'll want to plant doubts in the heads of the Meath players (I'm sure the Meath management is working hard to remove any questions the players might have on how they can come from where they were this time last year to now) by going at them hard and fast in the first 20 minutes and try to work up a bit of a lead.  There won't be any room for passengers in the early stages.

This is also Meath's first championship meeting with one of the "nouveau riche" sides (not my term!) so they'll probably have questions about their ability to play against the infamous blanket system as well.

Fuzzman

Jinxy

Quote from: Star Spangler on August 02, 2007, 11:30:12 AM
Dooher is a great player but I don't think he would have the Canavan factor you're talking about.  I doubt if Mickey will be interested in playing too many games.  Though I do think he'll want to plant doubts in the heads of the Meath players (I'm sure the Meath management is working hard to remove any questions the players might have on how they can come from where they were this time last year to now) by going at them hard and fast in the first 20 minutes and try to work up a bit of a lead.  There won't be any room for passengers in the early stages.

This is also Meath's first championship meeting with one of the "nouveau riche" sides (not my term!) so they'll probably have questions about their ability to play against the infamous blanket system as well.

I think Tyrone will try to surprise us by adopting the infamous bandage system they used in '96.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Star Spangler

Quote from: Jinxy on August 02, 2007, 11:45:34 AM
Quote from: Star Spangler on August 02, 2007, 11:30:12 AM

I think Tyrone will try to surprise us by adopting the infamous bandage system they used in '96.

Nah, that tactic doesn't work.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Kerry Mike on August 02, 2007, 11:25:06 AM
I know I am in "cynical" mood at the moment but anyone else think Harte will maybe start Dooher and than do a "Canavan" on him by taking him off and bringing him on again if Tyrone need a boost in the Second half. Will certainly get the Tyrone crowd going.

I wouldn't rule that out, especially not if Brian's in full agreement with that approach.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...