Black Friday - Dublin Construction Industry

Started by umgolaarmagh, July 19, 2007, 11:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 19, 2007, 02:16:20 PMThe house market in Dublin is saturated right now as potential buyers are still waiting for the 'price crash' and will only start buying again when the next budget is announced and they see that prices wont fall by more than a few grand per house.

Have u changed ur stance on the future of house prices? Correct me if ur wrong but were u not champing the idea of selling a while back, rent for a couple of years and then buy back after the fall in house prices???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 19, 2007, 03:58:28 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 19, 2007, 02:16:20 PMThe house market in Dublin is saturated right now as potential buyers are still waiting for the 'price crash' and will only start buying again when the next budget is announced and they see that prices wont fall by more than a few grand per house.

Have u changed ur stance on the future of house prices? Correct me if ur wrong but were u not champing the idea of selling a while back, rent for a couple of years and then buy back after the fall in house prices???
almost remembered correctly :)
I expect a small dip on houses in some areas
but in my vicinity, the houses that had dipped in price are back up again.

my plan was to sell completely and never buy here again, merely rent here for the rest of my days - the plan was, that I was to buy a house , it would be purely investment - in London, paris - guaranteed rental - or even Berlin/south of France.

The mrs wouldnt agree to it, so that knocked that idea on the head.
I still would love to do it, as my mortgage is equiv to a monthly rental of a 4 bed large house in my area - and I'd bank over 500k profit from selling my (our) house.
thats a lot of investment property in London/Germany

like a lot of older posters on the board, we happened to buy at the right time before the boom...

pintsofguinness

QuoteI can't wait till Southerners start going up there and cleaning out the North like the Northern builders have been down here.
f**king hell and there's me thinking we all lived in one country...
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ludermor

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 19, 2007, 09:09:14 PM
QuoteI can't wait till Southerners start going up there and cleaning out the North like the Northern builders have been down here.

Try telling the revenue that

stephenite

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 19, 2007, 09:09:14 PM

Different tax systems and different currency - how is that the one country?

pintsofguinness

just surprised at northern builders being talk about as if the were foreigners.

ludermor

There would be a lot of bad feeling towards northern subbies for that reason, they undercut the southern lads and can do so becuase they are not compliant. It has nothing to do with politics. You still have some lads coming to ya giving the whole 'do you know who i am?' veiled and some not so veiled treats

lynchbhoy

Quote from: ludermor on July 20, 2007, 08:58:37 AM
There would be a lot of bad feeling towards northern subbies for that reason, they undercut the southern lads and can do so becuase they are not compliant. It has nothing to do with politics. You still have some lads coming to ya giving the whole 'do you know who i am?' veiled and some not so veiled treats

but its usually the weedy wee cnuts who are up to that craic, and a fist in the mouth usually shuts them up !

pintsofguinness

Was talking to an estate agent in Belfast this morning, in her words they're "losing sales left, right and centre". 
People demanding lower prices and if they're not getting them...pulling out.  :(

It's happening I doubt.

Good news for some, bad for others!

spiritof91and94

Quote from: ludermor on July 20, 2007, 08:58:37 AM

I thought that if you didnt have the famous C2 you didnt get paid?

Very funny that Sisk are pricing the Maze Stadium as partner to Farrans Construction, P.Elliot has a number of jobs in and around Belfast and i am meeting Flaktwood M&E today about starting a contract next week in Belfast - Flaktwood are based in Rathcoole!!!!!!!! Careys are doing the Ikea in Hollywood Exchange, Spacedecks are doing all the Dome and Glazing in Victoria Square!!

Looks like the southern element is already in 'de narth'!!!!!!!

ludermor

Just because you have a c2 doesnt mean you are fully compliant.
I wasnt talking about main contractors from the north acting the **** its the subbies who cause the damage.

Tankie

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 20, 2007, 11:14:42 AM
Northern Builders, Compliant ?  ;)

so many of the unts down here they should be paying road tax. wrecking our roads in their vans and trucks!
Grand Slam Saturday!

mc_grens

Dont know about job cuts, but Id be happy to find a few lads who arent taking the hols, my appartment is being snagged and theres very little to do. about a days work for a plasterer, a joiner, and a tiler. Plus a couple days work for painters.

Pain in the arse, so little to be done, and I have to wait an extra fortnight for it to be sorted!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mc_grens on July 20, 2007, 02:32:06 PM
Dont know about job cuts, but Id be happy to find a few lads who arent taking the hols, my appartment is being snagged and theres very little to do. about a days work for a plasterer, a joiner, and a tiler. Plus a couple days work for painters.

Pain in the arse, so little to be done, and I have to wait an extra fortnight for it to be sorted!
you still about

been meaning to txt you

best of luck with the appt

is it still in the area?

mc_grens

Lynchie- do text me. Ive lost my phone so I had to get a new one, lost all my numbers. Still the same number.

Appt is in Islandbridge, Bellevue, in by the War Memorial Gardens, looks out onto the Liffey. Nice spot, just in beside where the Civil Service GAA pitches are.