all star selection so far....

Started by donegal gael, July 19, 2007, 01:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coosanglen

Stephen Bray from Meath has been a class act so far, hopefully it doesn't continue on Saturday.

Kerry Mike

The All Stars will be made up of 5-7 players from the All Ireland Champions, 3-5 of the All Ireland Finalists, (2-3 from Dublin  :P ) and a few single winners from other counties. Thats the way God made the rules and thats the way it will stay.

Anyway an All Star is feck all consolation unless your have the All Ireland medal to go along with it, thats the only true mark of a successful year.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Gnevin

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 19, 2007, 04:28:05 PM
The All Stars will be made up of 5-7 players from the All Ireland Champions, 3-5 of the All Ireland Finalists, (2-3 from Dublin  :P ) and a few single winners from other counties. Thats the way God made the rules and thats the way it will stay.

Anyway an All Star is feck all consolation unless your have the All Ireland medal to go along with it, thats the only true mark of a successful year.

Well if Vaughan , Whelo continue playing like they are they are dead certs
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 19, 2007, 04:28:05 PM
The All Stars will be made up of 5-7 players from the All Ireland Champions, 3-5 of the All Ireland Finalists, (2-3 from Dublin  :P ) and a few single winners from other counties. Thats the way God made the rules and thats the way it will stay.

I like the way you acknowledged what everyone outside the Pale knows as a fact, Sam has more chance of being won by Mayo or Armagh in 2007 than the Dubs  ;D

Also that they be gifted All-Stars based on performance in Leinster which is only rated by Leinster people(not all of them either) and a handful of journalists.

The Real Laoislad

I don't understand all this hype about Vaughan..Granted he had a good game against Meath but he wasn't great against Offaly or Laois despite him scoring a goal against Laois i didn't find him doing anything else of note
You'll Never Walk Alone.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 19, 2007, 04:40:32 PM
Also that they be gifted All-Stars based on performance in Leinster which is only rated by Leinster people(not all of them either) and a handful of journalists.

Fishead, dont be a sore loser  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 19, 2007, 04:44:02 PM
I don't understand all this hype about Vaughan..Granted he had a good game against Meath but he wasn't great against Offaly or Laois despite him scoring a goal against Laois i didn't find him doing anything else of note
A goal and 6 !
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Real Laoislad

Yeah from frees..Still don't rate him whatever ya say
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 19, 2007, 04:45:28 PM
Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 19, 2007, 04:40:32 PM

Fishead, dont be a sore loser  ;)

Not at all, again I would like to see Dublin do well, but my gut tells me they wont, I will say as of this season Dublin are a better team than Mayo, no problem acknowledging that (last 3 years we where clearly the better team).

We looking forward to the Club Championship getting a nice run for a change down in Mayo, with an open summer for the first time in an age  ;)

his holiness nb

I was more so referring to the suggestion that Dublin players all stars are not won on merit.
A bit of a mean thing to suggest, especially from the point of view of the players who earned them.

p.s. I dont think the Dubs will win either, but I do think they have an outside chance as opposed to no chance.
Ask me holy bollix

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 19, 2007, 04:58:32 PM

Still did better than any Laois forward!!!!!!

Gnevin

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 19, 2007, 05:09:29 PM

Still did better than any Laois forward!!!!!!

Jaysis sure that wouldn't be hard
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Stagmeister

Scored a nice point from play as well...although I would agree, at the moment I def wouldnt have him down for an All-Star...got serious potential though
It was nice to see two young fellas like himself and Tierney hitting frees off the ground so well last wkend...they both strike the ball really well

IMO its too early really to be talking about all-stars but the players I've been most impressed with so far this year would be:

Cluxton
Stephen Bray - been very impressed with him
MJ Tierney
Kieran Quinn
Whelan

I havent really seen enough of the Ulster / Munster champ to pick players from these provinces but just from highlights and reports the following players seem to have been doing well:

Dooher
Gormley
Cavanagh
Bradley
Freeman
Cussen
O'Mahony
Masters

Goin Down

Mabye Conor Mortimer should be in with a shout with all his scores, granted hes gotten loads of wides he does score points for Mayo and goals too remember the Tyrone game, he scored a hat-trick!
Remember This.