Started by Armagh Exile, July 18, 2007, 07:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

I don't think he ever has but t fearon may be able to correct me

Loup Bandit

No he did manage armagh underage

Passing_Interest

Quote from: corn02 on July 19, 2007, 07:59:09 PM
Eh passing interest, you put the All Ireland ahead of winning club championship there? You want to edit?

Afraid not Corn.......not to diminish the joy at winning County Finals, but 2002 still tops the lot for me.
Nothing but the same old story.........

orangeman

I think the debate which inevitably follows a retirement either as a manager or a player is clouded by recent achievements- to say someone was in the top 5 managers or the in the best 15 players ever is largely irrelevant - these things really can't be judged too well - suffice to say that Joe by virtue of the All Ireland win was the most successful manager ever !

mackers

Again, like the vast majority of the Armagh posters, I would like to thank Joe for all that he has done for Armagh football. No other Armagh manager ever got close to winning an All-Ireland, Joe won four, that says it all! 

As regards him managing another county I just can't see it.  He is obviously a big family man and I just can't see him leading another county out against Armagh with any of his sons playing in the orange jersey.

Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

ONeill

Very strong rumours that Art McCrory is being touted as the new Armagh manager:

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

I definitely could not see Armagh signing up Art or indeed Art going to Armagh - won't happen !

Sandy Hill

QuoteVery strong rumours that Art McCrory is being touted as the new Armagh manager:

O'Neill, please never suggest that even in a joke!
"Stercus accidit"

thebandit

The 2 raffertys (John and Peter) have benn already spoken to by the county board

stephenite

Any truth to the rumour that Paidi is being lined up??

thebandit

Armagh Exile

QuoteThe 2 raffertys (John and Peter) have benn already spoken to by the county board

If this is true, then I am very disappointed as I was led to believe that nominations would be sought from clubs within the county.

full back

AFAIK, Peter Rafferty had already indicated he wouldnt be putting himself forward for the job

orangeman

Have heard lately that Peter isn't the slightest bit interested at the minute anyway.

balladmaker

Tell me this.....why is John Rafferty even being considered as the next Armagh manager?  What is his track record apart from St. Gall's glorious 'failure' in the Club Final a couple of years ago?