Joe Kernan Resigns

Started by Armagh Exile, July 18, 2007, 07:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

I didn't start it all again.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

orangeman

Definitely that story about John Mc is a lie - Joe never did this and wouldn't do it either.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Aghdavoyle

Absolute truth. you should also ask aidan o'rourke where big joe would let family influences stand in the way of armagh

orangeman

Come on lads - one all Ireland and a load of Ulsters and all you can say is that Joe put his family first ????????? That's ridiculous.
And now you're bringing Aidan O'Rourke into it - what's it got to do with him ?

man in black

Quote from: Aghdavoyle on November 23, 2007, 10:40:01 AM

Absolute truth. you should also ask aidan o'rourke where big joe would let family influences stand in the way of armagh

In fairness Aidan O Rourke has been off county standard since 2003. Overweight, too slow for the level required. Dooher cleaned him everytime they met.
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

orangeman

That's what I would have thought as well - Aidan is a good player but didn't have the necessary fitness levels.

Aghdavoyle

Read my post on the previous page orangeman. it is a well known fact in armagh, as is joe's refusal to bring him on in 2006 when galvin and sean o'sullivan were roasting the half back line despite continual pleading from grimley. MIB O'Rourke marked dooher in the 05 trilogy and he had next to no impact on the three games.

man in black

QuoteMIB O'Rourke marked dooher in the 05 trilogy and he had next to no impact on the three games.

I know, O'Rourke was anonymous. Where was the trademark attacking forays and accurate passing to the FF that Armagh enjoyed in 2002? Answer is, he hadn't the legs for it.

Quotesean o'sullivan were roasting the half back line despite continual pleading from grimley

Are you seriously suggesting O'Rourke could have lived with Sean O Sullivans pace or matched Galvins physicality ?

illdecide

I don't know if Aghdavoyle knows about this but apparently the way Kernan phoned Aidan O Rourke to tell him his services were no longer required was a disgrace. Words like "Has been" were said down the phone, surley thats no way to talk to a man who has give so much to the county.

Kernan was good in his own way but his man management skills are very poor and i believe he cost us at least one more all-ireland. I agree with Pints on his son Stephen, the fella is an above average club player and thats it Aaron on the other hand is a quality player no doubt about that but Joe has better players in the county who he will not give a chance too.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

man in black

QuoteWords like "Has been" were said down the phone

An insensitive approach no doubt, but the truth all the same.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: illdecide on November 23, 2007, 11:02:38 AM
I don't know if Aghdavoyle knows about this but apparently the way Kernan phoned Aidan O Rourke to tell him his services were no longer required was a disgrace. Words like "Has been" were said down the phone, surley thats no way to talk to a man who has give so much to the county.

Kernan was good in his own way but his man management skills are very poor and i believe he cost us at least one more all-ireland. I agree with Pints on his son Stephen, the fella is an above average club player and thats it Aaron on the other hand is a quality player no doubt about that but Joe has better players in the county who he will not give a chance too.

Is he still manager?

Aghdavoyle

No sense revisiting old arguments lads. dooher was marked out of those three armagh tyrone games in 05 though!

illdecide

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on November 23, 2007, 11:07:04 AM
Quote from: illdecide on November 23, 2007, 11:02:38 AM

Is he still manager?

Sorry about my spelling ;) i meant it in past tense you know the score :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

orangeman

Dooher was outstanding in 2005 - what ganes were you's at ?
Joe gave everything ot Armagh, got little back in return except criticism as usual. Managers can't win !

If Stephen Kernan is an above average club player, surely by implication ,that means he' s county standard ?