Galway v Kilkenny 1/4 final

Started by Stay goalside of your man, July 16, 2007, 10:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

F*ck it that is shocking. I know it happens way too often on our roads, but to hear that a couple of kids are in a critical condition as well is heart breaking. I don't know the identity of the player, but no matter who it is, or whether they've ever held a hurl in their hand, it's just tragic.

Bud Wiser

It's James McGarry's wife AZ, God love him. Very hard to come to terms with this, it tests my faith anyway.  I doubt if the game will go ahead on Sunday now. Awful, awful news.
R.I.P.

The Real Laoislad

Jesus that is awful news,I heard about crash earlier today and as always felt sick when you hear about someone dying in such a way
God help the family
R.I.P
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

It just makes you think,All the importance we put on the Gaa and the fights and the debates at the end of the day it all means nothing it's only a game
This is just so sad it puts everything into perspective
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Lecale2

Very sad. RIP. I can say no more.

Fishead_Sam

Condolances to James McGarry, the McGarry & Vanessa's family from all in Mayo.

Aristotle Flynn

RIP

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 20, 2007, 09:20:11 AM
Condolances to James McGarry, the McGarry & Vanessa's family from all in Mayo.

Who elected you to speak for all the people of Mayo?
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

Stay goalside of your man

What's your story Aristotle Flynn, Fishead sam was trying to say a few kind words about this terrible accident and you go mouthing off.
Keep quite.

The Real Laoislad

Does anyone know if this game is still being played on sunday?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hound

aontroim

All 3 of Sunday's games have been moved to Sat week.

Kevin

Sorry to hear the terrible news. Rest in Peace.

GY Joe

My heartfelt condolences to the berieved. Having lost an uncle and first cousin, who was coincidentally also recently married at the time, in almost identical circumstances just over 2 years ago,  I have a good idea of what they are going thru and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Its hard to know whether to start talking about this game yet, but its on next Saturday and we might as well.. In normal circumstances I may be trying my best to wind up some cats, but the heart isn't in it right now.
The same question might well be asked of the KK squad, but knowing the manager as we do, he will try to turn that shock and negative emotion into a desire to do something positive for the county. Thats what I fear...

Galway may be on tenterhooks, primed to see the demenor of the black and amber as they take the field, either way, they will take the lead from that and react accordingly. Hopefully it will be enough.. Thats all we can do in Galway, hope to see a new team with the spirit of 1986, 2001 and 2005  to spook the cats again and get into their brains like no-one else...

FTJC

Rumours abound that Hardi and Tony óg have walked....they probably wouldn't have played anyway.... but we're still fcuked!!

mouview

Heard these rumours this morning too, Joeen. Apparently they missed a training session after the Antrim game, ( also a game after which E Cloonan reportedly (and forcibly) made his disappointment known to Gerlock when he wasn't used). Tony Og is no loss as his most recent performance against Clare shows. Hardi is a whole-hearted player and probably would / will start against KK though I still feel he's a bit loose and slow. Team is supposed to be picked this evening but, you know.....