Galway v Kilkenny 1/4 final

Started by Stay goalside of your man, July 16, 2007, 10:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bottlethrower7

Quote from: robinbanks on July 18, 2007, 01:13:46 PM
typically I'd agree with that. However, after what Tipp did last weekend I think anything is possible

If that was a championship match and the losers were gone do you think Cork would have lost?.

careful now, the ship is about and doesn't take to kindly to folks dissing Tipp!!

robinbanks

Not dissing Tipp at all. Tipp were beaten by an average Limerick side that got beat by Waterford in Munster Final by 9 points.Waterford have beat Tipp already this year in league, and have beat Cork in Championship.At best ye are about fourth best in Munster with Clare just behind ye.You cant honestly think that ye are going to win anything this year.Ye celebrated big after Cork match because ye knew it was going to be yer only win this year.

Punxsutawney Fergal

Quote from: mouview on July 18, 2007, 01:13:58 PM

Galway may well have 'serious problems' in the county, but only at senior level. Minor, U-21 and club seem to be healthy enough from where I stand.

Bit like Limerick but every year people don't throw their name about as the potential darkhorse - These Galway players might be skill-full but year on year they fail to deliver in the championship! So they look really skill-full in the pre-game match warm up but 99.9% of the time we don't see them applying this skill in the heat of the battle!!! Hurling is about more than skill, christ I hurled with guys who could do amazing things with a hurling ball in training but come match day they were always the lads taken off at half-time. When these so called great Galway hurlers start delivering performances consistently then I will start recognising them up there with the KK, Waterford and Cork players. Maybe Galway need to stop picking the flash hurlers and start throwing a few hard-men into the team.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: robinbanks on July 18, 2007, 01:42:55 PM
Not dissing Tipp at all. Tipp were beaten by an average Limerick side that got beat by Waterford in Munster Final by 9 points.Waterford have beat Tipp already this year in league, and have beat Cork in Championship.At best ye are about fourth best in Munster with Clare just behind ye.You cant honestly think that ye are going to win anything this year.Ye celebrated big after Cork match because ye knew it was going to be yer only win this year.

whats this 'ye' business ?  :)

robinbanks

Tipp dont deserve respect.They are a very average team and will not be in the running come September.

Punxsutawney Fergal

Quote from: robinbanks on July 18, 2007, 03:25:47 PM
Tipp dont deserve respect.They are a very average team and will not be in the running come September.

Well they will beat Wexford on Sunday and will find themselves in the All-Ireland semi which must be considered a good year by Tipp considering the team they have at their disposal (I reckon KK will beat them by 10+ points in the semi)

mouview

Quote from: Punxsutawney Fergal on July 18, 2007, 03:32:18 PM

Well they will beat Wexford on Sunday and will find themselves in the All-Ireland semi which must be considered a good year by Tipp considering the team they have at their disposal (I reckon KK will beat them by 10+ points in the semi)

Just keep talkin loike that...

Punxsutawney Fergal

[/quote]

Just keep talkin loike that...
[/quote]

??? ??? ??? ???

robinbanks

I wouldnt rule out Wexford.They always have one big match in them.Tipp will be cocky enough now and will probably change the team again for the match

Punxsutawney Fergal

Quote from: robinbanks on July 18, 2007, 04:01:48 PM
I wouldnt rule out Wexford.They always have one big match in them.Tipp will be cocky enough now and will probably change the team again for the match

What was their big game last year? the hiding from KK or Clare, As a Wexford man I really would love to believe in this one big game theory but the reality is Wexford have a shocking team.

bottlethrower7

yes, you are dissing them. Very much so

johnneycool

Tipp for all their failings are battle hardened and used to a pace of hurling that Wexford aren't and they'll have gained a lot of confidence in their win over Cork irrespective of whether it mattered that much to Cork or not. It was that lack of confidence which was their undoing against Limerick. I'd expect them to get over Wexford and pose a real threat for whoever they meet in the semi-final. Babs seems to have rode out the storm and now has no's 3 and 6 settled with an ever improving supporting cast around them. Tipp are no push overs.

Wexford on the other hand scraped past Dublin and got hung out to dry by Kilkenny. Morale in that camp will be low and I'd be surprised if they could muster one good game against Tipp. It'd have to be a bad day for Tipp and a good day for Wexford for the yella bellies to do anything.

Lecale2

Dickie Murphy has been drafted in to take charge of the Galway/Kilkenny game. The original refree Pat O'Connor has dropped out due to "work commitments". Nothing at all to do with Ger's comments on the radio. 

Barney

According to anfearrua.com the wife of one of the Kilkenny players was killed in a road accident this morning. Tragic news, puts everything in perspective.