Qualifier Draw?

Started by MrC, July 15, 2007, 06:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

If we do beat Derry,I'd take Dublin again i wouldn't like to see what kind of a hammering Tyrone or Kerry would dish out to us
You'll Never Walk Alone.

PatDaly

Theoretically since its an open draw for this years quarter-finals, the lineup could be

Scenario 1 (Assuming Cork, Laois, Monaghan & Galway win their 3rd round matches)

A repeat of all 4 provincial finals

Cork v Kerry
Laois v Dublin
Monaghan v Tyrone
Galway v Sligo

Scenario 2 (Assuming Cork, Meath, Derry & Donegal win their 3rd round matches)

A local derby group of quarter-finals

Cork v Kerry
Meath v Dublin
Derry v Tyrone
Donegal v Sligo

Very interesting stuff......

ONeill

1 - Louth - - - - most like to meet
2 - Meath
3 - Laois
4 - Galway
5 - Monaghan
6 - Derry
7 - Cork
8 - Donegal  - --  - -- - least like to meet

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Red Nose Red Hand

Quote from: PatDaly on July 15, 2007, 11:33:26 PM
Theoretically since its an open draw for this years quarter-finals, the lineup could be

Scenario 1 (Assuming Cork, Laois, Monaghan & Galway win their 3rd round matches)

A repeat of all 4 provincial finals

Cork v Kerry
Laois v Dublin
Monaghan v Tyrone
Galway v Sligo

Scenario 2 (Assuming Cork, Meath, Derry & Donegal win their 3rd round matches)

A local derby group of quarter-finals

Cork v Kerry
Meath v Dublin
Derry v Tyrone
Donegal v Sligo

Very interesting stuff......

The way the GAA make the draws, there's not a pup's chance in hell of it coming out any way other than how they want it. Surely they should act like any other sporting organisation and have proper drums that prevent the person making the draw from viewing the contents and which are spun round a few times in front of the cameras and then opened, before a hand goes near the contents.

From the Bunker

1. Monaghan V Donegal / Sligo

2. Laois v Derry / Kerry

3. Galway v Meath / Tyrone

4. Cork v Louth / Dublin

Semi
1 v 3 & 2 v 4

Is this the way it is panned out?

The Real Laoislad

im convinced there is a little number on each of the canisters that the cameras can't pick up but the people doing the draws can see with each number being for a different team
You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 15, 2007, 11:55:04 PM

2. Laois v Derry / Kerry

4. Cork v Louth / Dublin

Semi
1 v 3 & 2 v 4

It's an open draw for the quarter finals.

We think. ;)

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 15, 2007, 11:57:22 PM
im convinced there is a little number on each of the canisters that the cameras can't pick up but the people doing the draws can see with each number being for a different team

I'm not sure about all the conspiracy theories regarding the draws but I agree until they start putting the balls into a black sack and/or finally give the balls a proper mix rather than a gentle fumble then the faint stench of fishyness will hang over the whole thing.

Not to mention Michael Lyster seeming to announce that Galway would be playing Meath while Nicky Brennan was still struggling to open the container. ;D

From the Bunker

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 15, 2007, 11:58:55 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 15, 2007, 11:55:04 PM

2. Laois v Derry / Kerry

4. Cork v Louth / Dublin

Semi
1 v 3 & 2 v 4

It's an open draw for the quarter finals.

We think. ;)

Don't like the thought of that! Chances we will have replays of provincial finals and earlier meeting in the championship, this makes ties boring and stale and takes the good out of scalps such as Sligo beating Galway. 2001 revisted me thinks....Derry tyrone/Galway Ros/ Meath W/wmeath

joemamas

re: open draw

The q/finals are not an open draw, hence the fact that the losers of the Connacht and Ulster finals are up to play next, with the winners playing Sligo and Tyrone respectively.

I wish it was an open draw, then again I wish I was 6ft 6 and playing midfield for Mayo.

The official reason that it is not an open draw, is that it would be to difficult for scheduling purposes. I supose they couldnt ask the province to have finished their respective finals by mid-july. Oh wait a minute they have.

Dont forget there are a lot of not very sharp, narrow minded people running the schedules, with may I add a vested interest in seeing that the respective provinces maintain significant amounts of control.

The supporters desire for an open draw are not considered.

Hound

Quote from: joemamas on July 16, 2007, 02:24:22 AM
re: open draw

The q/finals are not an open draw, hence the fact that the losers of the Connacht and Ulster finals are up to play next, with the winners playing Sligo and Tyrone respectively.

You're wrong joe.

That was the case for 05 and 06, but they said they're changing it for 07. An open draw with no restrictions. In theory the 4 quarter-finals could be a repeat of the 4 provinical finals.

Mid Mon

monaghan v donegal will prob be in omagh

Hound

Quote from: ONeill on July 15, 2007, 11:37:25 PM
1 - Louth - - - - most like to meet
2 - Meath
3 - Laois
4 - Galway
5 - Monaghan
6 - Derry
7 - Cork
8 - Donegal  - --  - -- - least like to meet
1 - Galway - - - - most like to meet
2 - Derry
3 - Louth
4 - Meath
5 - Monaghan
6 - Donegal
7 - Laois
8 - Cork - --  - -- - least like to meet

Main Street

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 16, 2007, 12:03:30 AM
Not to mention Michael Lyster seeming to announce that Galway would be playing Meath while Nicky Brennan was still struggling to open the container. ;D
How would he seem to announce it? either he did it or not, still sounds like a conspiracy .
or was it the last ball in the bowl ?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Main Street on July 16, 2007, 12:35:45 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 16, 2007, 12:03:30 AM
How would he seem to announce it? either he did it or not, still sounds like a conspiracy .
or was it the last ball in the bowl ?

No Meath and Louth were still in the bowl. Camera shows Brennan reaching in to collect a container and then Lyster says something like "and Galway get Meath" seemingly before Brennan has even opened the container. I just thought is seemed odd but thought nothing of it until someone else noticed it last night.