Super Dubs Manager is a comedian?

Started by Tankie, July 14, 2007, 01:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

Quote'Laois not finished yet' - Caffrey
Paul Caffrey
13 July 2007

Dublin football boss Paul 'Pillar' Caffrey has not bought into the general theory that is floating about the media in recent weeks, suggesting that Laois are a spent force, pointing out they are on an eight game unbeaten run.

There has been many astute judges remarking that the O'Moore County are a shadow of the side that have been a dominant force in Leinster over the last five years but Caffrey was quick to point out that Laois have not been defeated in their last eight competitive outings.

"They we unbeaten for the last six national league games. Then throw in the two championship matches. We are expecting a very formidable Laois team to appear in Croke Park," Caffrey said.

Dublin dished out a hammering to Laois when the sides met last year in the championship but Caffrey thinks that that was a bizarre result and is not reading too much into it.

"Anybody that's a good judge of football would have looked into last years clash between the sides and said it was a freakish result. The previous two times that we met, there was only a point or two in it. That's probably where the two teams are at," Caffrey added.

I think he is just mocking Laois by saying they have a chance ;D
Grand Slam Saturday!

SuperSub

Quote from: Tankie on July 14, 2007, 01:29:41 AM
Quote'Laois not finished yet' - Caffrey
Paul Caffrey
13 July 2007

Dublin football boss Paul 'Pillar' Caffrey has not bought into the general theory that is floating about the media in recent weeks, suggesting that Laois are a spent force, pointing out they are on an eight game unbeaten run.

There has been many astute judges remarking that the O'Moore County are a shadow of the side that have been a dominant force in Leinster over the last five years but Caffrey was quick to point out that Laois have not been defeated in their last eight competitive outings.

"They we unbeaten for the last six national league games. Then throw in the two championship matches. We are expecting a very formidable Laois team to appear in Croke Park," Caffrey said.

Dublin dished out a hammering to Laois when the sides met last year in the championship but Caffrey thinks that that was a bizarre result and is not reading too much into it.

"Anybody that's a good judge of football would have looked into last years clash between the sides and said it was a freakish result. The previous two times that we met, there was only a point or two in it. That's probably where the two teams are at," Caffrey added.

I think he is just mocking Laois by saying they have a chance ;D
And then the Dubs wonder why nobody likes them ::)

dubsnsubs

Ye......but we dont like anyone else either! ;D

ludermor

ye are the most sensitive tough guys ever

Tankie

Even the bookies say we are home and dry!!!!
Grand Slam Saturday!

twotwocharlie

anyone got a spare ticket. ( armagh supporter and i'am not very busy the rest of the year )

orangeman

Did you read the bit in y'days independent - a journalist asked pillar in the press conference after the match if he thought that brian cullen had taken too many steps for the goal - pillar replied "are you from laois?" - the juournalist said "no" - pillar then said - " next question" - Pillar seems to have installed a real sense of arrogance about this team - ok flair and confidence is to applauded but not arrogance - that's why dublin have few friends outside of the capital - and only that pillar is from dublin and is a garda, the assualt on john morrison would have been and should have been taken further -

dubsnsubs

Take a year off orangeman......Armagh are gone and nobody cares what you think anyway!

his holiness nb

Quote from: orangeman on July 17, 2007, 11:19:13 AM
and only that pillar is from dublin and is a garda, the assualt on john morrison would have been and should have been taken further -

Assault?
This is really getting hilarious!!!  ;D ;D :D :D ;D ;D
Ask me holy bollix

Kerry Mike

Did anyone see the picture of the Dublin backroom team in one of the Sunday papers, jaysus they have a very professional approach and you have to salute their attitide making sure they have all possible problem areas covered.

They now have the likes of professional water bottle carriers, Energiser bottle carriers, Lucozade sport bottle carriers, a beautician, 3 bikini waxers, dietician, 4 hairdressers, masseur, phycholologists, A GPA representative (or is that Dessie Farrell in a tracksuit trying to sneak into the team photo), a kit man, dress stylists, football boot lace man, toilet roll carrier, puke bucket carrier, and then they have Dave Billings (for the media sound bites), Brian Talty (famous for being a failed Galway footballer), Dave Clarke (a failed Dublin Footballer but now famous for his rousing pre-match pep talks, "youse will not fuckin' lose to those bleedin' fuckin' culchies again, jaysus we are bleeding fuckin sick of losing to those bleeding culchies, now chest out and march up to your bleedin' brothers on the fuckin' Hill, g'wan the fuckin' biyes in blue") and of course the entire Pillar Caffrey family for a bit of morale support for Paul in times of need.

Yerra 'tis no wonder with that crowd about that the Croke Park pitch is being damaged.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Fear ón Srath Bán

Nice one KM, the only thing they're missing is a Rapid Rebuttal Unit!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Billys Boots

They're still trying to work out what he means.  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

rrhf

Seriously though the official post match kitty holder is just one step too far. 
BTW a little birdie told me that in the lead up to the game the entire Dublin Squad were booked into a health and wellness Spa in County Meath of all places for the full works. He was compalining about the costs of these expensive one on one treatments to the county board, when the money could be better spent encouraging disillusioned west of Ireland footballers to play GAA in and for the capital.  These are the tough steps that the modern footballer must take to win a Leinster championship and in fairness are evidence of the professional approach in Dublin football.  Any body else got any more examples of how the Dubs prepare for big games.       

his holiness nb

I heard from a reliable source that a certain controversial Meath footballer visits their beauty salon regularly to have his back and eyebrows waxed.
I wont say who it is though  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

rrhf

they say a bsc can reduce friction before a big game.