BBC loving twelfth boom!

Started by ExiledGael, July 13, 2007, 09:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: SammyG on July 13, 2007, 10:52:42 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 13, 2007, 10:39:17 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2007, 10:33:23 PM
I think you need to differentiate between the 11th night scumfires and the 12th parades.

If the 12th parades are cleaned up in terms of the drinking/Rangers flag-waving triumphalism, they are a cultural tourist attraction. I like band music and there are areas where such sectarian triumphalism is non-existent and I'd have no bother watching it. The OO have work to do, just as the St Patrick's Day Belfast committee have.

The 11th bonfires are scandalous and need a serious change in mindset that'll take 50 years to address.

Bullshit O'Neill, how the f**k can you bring the St. Patricks Day parade into this you plank!! How long have you been away, distance must have addled your brain. Nearly every one of the marches yesterday had a band with loyalist flags! Get off the fence, your arse must be sore. The OO need to clean out root and branch or disband, neither of which is going to happen.  >:(

The Belfast Paddy's Day is the mirror image of the Belfast Twelfth. A load of pissed up spides wearing offensive t-shirts and waving flegs, it doesn't make much diference if it's a Rangers fleg or a Celtic fleg, or a UVF fleg or a Provo fleg or a Simply the Best t-shirt or a Bobby Sands t-shirt. Two sides of the same shitty coin.

Sammy you are really clutching at straws if your equating (sic) the St. Patricks Day parade with the Twelfth.
What are Provo flags??
The St. Patricks Day parade is now run by Belfast City Council...!!!
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: ziggysego on July 13, 2007, 10:55:42 PM
I thought O'Neill's post was very mature. Some people just want trouble. Sure the OO have a long way to go, but at least their going down the right road now. *no pun intended*

Just out of curiousity, what are the hotel bookings like compared to St. Patrick's Day in Belfast?

Ziggy, I know you don't like getting abrasive but for fcuk sake could you be a man and give an opinion that wasn't involving a fence pole please.
Again sorry, but O'Neill's post was utter shite and his response/answer to mine was shite as well.  >:(
Tbc....

ONeill

I can only assume, GDA, that you're extremely young. Sorry to be condescending.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2007, 11:41:09 PM
I can only assume, GDA, that you're extremely young. Sorry to be condescending.

What the hell has my age got to do with anything?

Are you going to respond to my post or just use insults as your weapon of choice?
Tbc....

stiffler

Forget O'Neill GDA hes only trying to wind u up.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

SammyG

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 13, 2007, 11:32:26 PM
I think you need to differentiate between the 11th night scumfires and the 12th parades.

If the 12th parades are cleaned up in terms of the drinking/Rangers flag-waving triumphalism, they are a cultural tourist attraction. I like band music and there are areas where such sectarian triumphalism is non-existent and I'd have no bother watching it. The OO have work to do, just as the St Patrick's Day Belfast committee have.

The 11th bonfires are scandalous and need a serious change in mindset that'll take 50 years to address.

Bullshit O'Neill, how the f**k can you bring the St. Patricks Day parade into this you plank!! How long have you been away, distance must have addled your brain. Nearly every one of the marches yesterday had a band with loyalist flags! Get off the fence, your arse must be sore. The OO need to clean out root and branch or disband, neither of which is going to happen.  >:(

The Belfast Paddy's Day is the mirror image of the Belfast Twelfth. A load of pissed up spides wearing offensive t-shirts and waving flegs, it doesn't make much diference if it's a Rangers fleg or a Celtic fleg, or a UVF fleg or a Provo fleg or a Simply the Best t-shirt or a Bobby Sands t-shirt. Two sides of the same shitty coin.

Sammy you are really clutching at straws if your equating (sic) the St. Patricks Day parade with the Twelfth.
What are Provo flags??

Might be an idea to read what I wrote not what you seem to think I wrote. Pissed up spides are pissed up spides whether they're wearing Bobby Sands t-shirts or Simply the best t-shirts, they're still pissed-up spides.

Provo flegs are flegs with pictures of Bobby Sands or TIOCFAIDH AR LA written on them, both of which were seen in sizeable numbers at last years Paddys Day.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: stiffler on July 13, 2007, 11:47:59 PM
Forget O'Neill GDA hes only trying to wind u up.

Fair enough stiffler but the bollix made statements earlier that were utter crap and very wrong and I would like him or the people who agree with what he said to speak up...!!  
Tbc....

ONeill

OK, I really shouldn't do this as I avoid these topics as i do Dunseith's programme as it's like listening to the worst elements on the island with little knowledge of what's going on outside of the bar-room.

Anyway - how the f**k can you bring the St. Patricks Day parade into this you plank!! - i just did.Ii was inadvertently involved in the Belfast parade 3 years ago. Never again. It's not what St Patrick's Day is about. I took part in the Birmingham parade from 97-2000 and it was more 'St Patrick' or more "Irish" for your sake than the Belfast effort. How can I bring it in? The sectarian overtones are off-puttingly similar.

How long have you been away, distance must have addled your brain. - you still haven't answered this puzzling and ultimately stupid remark.

Nearly every one of the marches yesterday had a band with loyalist flags! - I bet I witnessed at least one more than you first hand. Nearly every one eh? Name them.

Get off the fence, your arse must be sore. Do you know what this means?

The OO need to clean out root and branch or disband, neither of which is going to happen. For the rest of you, as someone who has lived in Gweedore for a few summers, this lad is not representational of the area.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hereiam

What the hell is a provo flag. Haven't seen one of them before. Seen 5 mins of BBC coverage of the belfast sham, hi some of them fat yokes wavin flags and one wrapped up in one (jesus knows where she got one to fit round her, must be wrapin round bales imprinted with it somewhere about ballymean country). Bad lookin stuff.  ;D The day that the OO disappears for good will be a great day for Ireland. No matter how they dress it up with there whole "family day out" crap, its still a catholic hating group, who's only purpose in life is to remind us of who the big shots are. One thing to point out, England and America defeated Germany in WWll, what would happen if they went to Germany every year to parade on their roads beatin drums, tramping them into the ground. I tell you what all hell would break loose, but then they have a bit of respect for the past, whereas here in our neck of the woods, instead of both sides remembering the men who fought in the battle of the Boyne we have one side taking it apon themselves to ram it down the our throats, hijacking the whole thing and turning catholics aganist it. The same can be said for WW l, I know what happened in Enniskillen on that sunday was a terrible cowardly act, but the prodestant side again took it apon themselves to make it one of their duties to remember the fallin, not once was it ever discussed on a way in which both side of the community could remember these brave souls. I know of one very well known GAA family who's great grandfather was in the army for WW l, never talked about or anything, not beacause they are ashamed, no because of the socitey that the prodestant side has manufactured. The whole problem with the catholic side is that this stuff happens each year and people just accept it, now that the IRA has said the war is over, its time now that we stood up for ourselves, that flag that was put on that bonfire with that young fella's name on it was disgusting, what do we do, nothing. We have politicans up in stormount who we put there for a reason, now its time to make them work for us. I'm not for one minute saying that we rally to drive the prodestants out, I'm saying that its time we showed that we are not going to be walked over anymore or taken for gobshits that will believe anything that the BBC throws out. Jesus I think I might start my own Political group.  ;)

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: SammyG on July 13, 2007, 11:49:07 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 13, 2007, 11:32:26 PM

What are Provo flags??

Might be an idea to read what I wrote not what you seem to think I wrote. Pissed up spides are pissed up spides whether they're wearing Bobby Sands t-shirts or Simply the best t-shirts, they're still pissed-up spides.

Provo flegs are flegs with pictures of Bobby Sands or TIOCFAIDH AR LA written on them, both of which were seen in sizeable numbers at last years Paddys Day.

Would this be the well marshalled parade which ended up in Custom House Square last year. You know the one where most flags were banned, actually didnt they nearly ban the colour Green from the parade as well.
Sammy I don't mind you spouting shite with regards to OWC and FFA and Long Kesh (because I really don't give a shit about those things) but please don't ttry and do your spin doctoring on the St. Patricks Day Parade, it's nothing like the twelfth...!!  >:(
Tbc....

GweylTah

The Twelfth seems to be enjoying a revival, the media reflects this.

Sorry for those of you for whom this troubles in this Ireland of Equals.

stiffler

Quote from: GweylTah on July 14, 2007, 12:04:14 AM
The Twelfth seems to be enjoying a revival, the media reflects this.

Sorry for those of you for whom this troubles in this Ireland of Equals.

I actually thought it was the opposite, i think its dying out. theres just not the same number of flags being flown from houses this year as what there used to be.

SammyG

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 13, 2007, 11:58:01 PMWould this be the well marshalled parade which ended up in Custom House Square last year. You know the one where most flags were banned, actually didnt they nearly ban the colour Green from the parade as well.

People were asked not to bring tricolours as they weren't there to represent the Republic they were supposed to be there for Paddy's Day. The VAST majority ignored this request and there were loads of tricolours and loads of political flegs and t-shirts.
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 13, 2007, 11:58:01 PM
Sammy I don't mind you spouting shite with regards to OWC and FFA and Long Kesh (because I really don't give a shit about those things) but please don't ttry and do your spin doctoring on the St. Patricks Day Parade, it's nothing like the twelfth...!!  >:(

As previously stated try reading what I actually wrote not what you think I wrote.

The Belfast twelfth is a big parade with paramilitary flegs and a load of pissed up spides accompanying it and making trouble and the Belfast Paddy's day is a big parade with paramiltary flegs and a load of pissed up spides acompanying it and making trouble.

Two sides of the same shitty coin.

stiffler

Quote from: SammyG on July 14, 2007, 12:07:14 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 13, 2007, 11:58:01 PMWould this be the well marshalled parade which ended up in Custom House Square last year. You know the one where most flags were banned, actually didnt they nearly ban the colour Green from the parade as well.

People were asked not to bring tricolours as they weren't there to represent the Republic they were supposed to be there for Paddy's Day. The VAST majority ignored this request and there were loads of tricolours and loads of political flegs and t-shirts.
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 13, 2007, 11:58:01 PM

As previously stated try reading what I actually wrote not what you think I wrote.

The Belfast twelfth is a big parade with paramilitary flegs and a load of pissed up spides accompanying it and making trouble and the Belfast Paddy's day is a big parade with paramiltary flegs and a load of pissed up spides acompanying it and making trouble.

Two sides of the same shitty coin.

What paramilitary flags did you see then Sammy?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2007, 11:54:38 PM

OK, I really shouldn't do this as I avoid these topics as i do Dunseith's programme as it's like listening to the worst elements on the island with little knowledge of what's going on outside of the bar-room.

Anyway - how the f**k can you bring the St. Patricks Day parade into this you plank!! - i just did.Ii was inadvertently involved in the Belfast parade 3 years ago. Never again. It's not what St Patrick's Day is about. I took part in the Birmingham parade from 97-2000 and it was more 'St Patrick' or more "Irish" for your sake than the Belfast effort. How can I bring it in? The sectarian overtones are off-puttingly similar.

How long have you been away, distance must have addled your brain. - you still haven't answered this puzzling and ultimately stupid remark.

Nearly every one of the marches yesterday had a band with loyalist flags! - I bet I witnessed at least one more than you first hand. Nearly every one eh? Name them.

Get off the fence, your arse must be sore. Do you know what this means?

The OO need to clean out root and branch or disband, neither of which is going to happen. For the rest of you, as someone who has lived in Gweedore for a few summers, this lad is not representational of the area.

Actually, I was going to reply to this drivel but instead of wasting my time, I have two questions for you O'Neill,
1. Where are you living now?
2. Where did you spend the twelfth?
3. This is a freebee, don't YOU ever insult my parish again, "a few summers does not make the man".
Tbc....