thebandit

Team of the championship so far:

Byron

McCloy         McKeon    D. Mone

D. Freeman   Gormley  McNamara   

D O'Sé    Murphy

Dooher         Doyle      MJ Tierney

Bray          T. Freeman   Cooper

I'd have to say Murphy is a reluctant choice, No other midfielders have stood out.

I know it isn't a great 'team' (i.e. 3 corner forwards) but these are the individuals who have impressed.

charlie stubbs

sligeach

Quote from: thebandit on July 13, 2007, 04:36:42 PM

Team of the championship so far:

Byron

McCloy         McKeon    D. Mone

D. Freeman   Gormley  McNamara   

D O'Sé    Murphy

Dooher         Doyle      MJ Tierney

Bray          T. Freeman   Cooper

I'd have to say Murphy is a reluctant choice, No other midfielders have stood out.

I know it isn't a great 'team' (i.e. 3 corner forwards) but these are the individuals who have impressed.

I take it Eamon O'Hara nor Kieran Quinn impressed in centre field then ?

supersarsfields

who would manage..

Well Big Joe might be looking a job next year....

thebandit

I was nearly going to put Quinn in, but I thought I'd be ridiculed!

He played very well in the 2nd half of the Connacht final.

I'd also like to sub in the corner back (Harrison?) for McCloy - very impressive as well.

If I praise Sligo any more I'll nearly iclude their freetakers  :D :D

imtommygunn

Interesting to note the lack of dubs in most peoples teams! Wonder is that objective or subjective views...

Would Keaney not merit a place on a team?

Who's McNamara?

While McCloy was very good against Armagh I wouldn't have him on it. Dara O'se is also carrying a few too many pounds this year and I thought he waned against Cork. I'd stick Lacey in corner back. I'd stick a dub in midfield too - probably whelan.

It's hard to know about midfield. I didn't see galway sligo but saw the half time analysis on which they said ohara had a poor first half. He came off on 51 minutes so he must have had some 16 minutes if he's to be on the best team...

Cooper beat cork himself in a ten minute spell in the second half so he should be on it without a doubt.

johnpower

Quote from: Don on July 12, 2007, 10:40:45 PM
Im picking my team to start in the championship next year for a make believe county...here it is

Cluxton

M'Se Owens Ricey
O'Mahony Gormley Jordan
O'Se Cavanagh
Galvin McGuigan Brogan
Gooch Donaghy O'Neill

Beat that team

Thats my best 15 spot on

Loup Bandit

Cluxton

Mallon  McCloy  Lockhart
Harte  Gormley D.Freeman

Cavanagh   Whelan

Masters   Brogan   Keaney
Cooper   Donaghy  Bradley

what ya think of that for a first 15?  ;)

his holiness nb

Quote from: tyroneman on July 13, 2007, 01:06:37 PM
Maybe Whelan should be on the team simply to share some of that boys in blue magic he uses on referees to ensure he never gets sent off no matter who, when or where (usually under the ref's nose) he assaults..................

Cry baby comment of the day, dry yer eyes  :D :D  ;D :D ;D :D ;D
and a pathetic attempt to cover yer tracks too  ;D ;D ;D
Ask me holy bollix

southderryman

surely fergal doherty has to be included, especially as everyone seems to be claimin no-one has stood out at midfield. he cleaned out armagh and superb again aginst mayo. also cant put a man out of the game (fairly, unlike whelan) with a shoulder.

marty88

Nice top see that at least one person sees bradley as a good player.

Gooch ahead of bradley lol
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

orangeman

Sean Cavanagh has to be a certainty !

ExiledGael

Quote from: southderryman on July 16, 2007, 07:09:20 PM
surely fergal doherty has to be included, especially as everyone seems to be claimin no-one has stood out at midfield. he cleaned out armagh and superb again aginst mayo. also cant put a man out of the game (fairly, unlike whelan) with a shoulder.

No hope, he was cleaned out in Casement against Monaghan.
Midfield's between Whelan O'Se Cavanagh and O'Hara for the rest of the year and that goes for the All-Star awards as well I'd say

redhandluke

Cluxton

McCloy   Owens    O'Se
Dunnion Gormley  Jordan

Whelan  Cavanagh

Dooher  Brogan   Doyle
Cooper  Mulligan  Freeman

Best 15 at the minute, will expect wholesale changes when the Q/F's are played.

corn02

Tyroneman has a tendancy to back up his points by saying I was only fishing e.t.c, wouldn,t take much notice of him.

Aaron Kernan are you serious, did people not see his terrible dfensive performance against Derry. He needs to start in the half forwards where he would flourish, an absolute liability in defence.