Started by Barney, July 12, 2007, 09:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

ONeill

Quote from: drici on August 16, 2007, 08:37:52 PM
"Cowardly,cynical attacks..... by people too afraid to show their faces"

Lets show our faces.

Me.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

:D

And by an amazing coincidence I'm just like Brian Ó Núalláin!

<--
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Hardy

Well, it wasn't so much that I was "afraid" to show my face, John. It was more that I was afraid you'd be afraid.

Declan

Beggy and O'Shea were interesting to listen to but the rest of the show was weak enough I thought. Felt a lot of sympathy for Young Sheridan. It's obvious he's going though a hard time at the moment. 

Fear ón Srath Bán

Agree Declan, probably the weakest so far. True about Sheridan, probably torture for the lad.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

imtommygunn

I missed it - what sheridan are you talking about? Not Joe?

Declan

Quotewhat sheridan are you talking about? Not Joe?

It was Joe

Onlooker

This show has been very good (to my surprise) since the start, but last night's was poor enough.

inisceithleann

They need to include more interesting pieces, instead of just people sitting around the studio talking about football and hurling. Maybe we're over critical because we spend so much time debating GAA on here that we are looking for something different on the show. IMO the piece on the relationship between the Dolans and the late Eamonn Coleman was exceptional, and a lot of people like myself didn't realise that the friendship existed. More stuff like this is needed.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

Hardy

It was a poor enough effort last night. If you're going to have talking heads, you should choose heads that are articulate as well as either interesting or entertaining or preferably both. Unfortunately, only Beggy and O'Shea even registered on the scale in those categories, with Cusack making some impression under the articulacy heading, but unfortunately having nothing to say.

I'm becoming a bit disillusioned with Cahill's approach. He scores heavily merely for not being Spillane, but that's not enough. He's leaning a bit too far towards the Lyster "be nice and don't say or ask anything controversial" approach for me and he's behaving too much as the insider, having the crack with the lads, rather than the journalist looking for answers and probing for interesting insights. I suppose the fact that the thing is more or less taking place in the bar sets that tone, but he could at least have asked Cusack a tough question or two about the GPA. He didn't even challenge his ludicrous assertion that "it's wrong of the association to stop them", when referring to lads going to the AFL. When has the GAA tried to stop anyone?

And the John Allen piece was outlandish, but I wouldn't be too hard on them for that. They've had some good pieces in that slot, so they're making a good effort. Better to get it wrong on occasion than not to try at all.

Romeo

Anyone else think Jack O'Shea would make a good addition as a panelist? Wasn't afraid to speak out on a couple of things, also had some nice praise for Masterson. Liked his joke about the no. of All-Ireland the 3 boys have played in.

'We've played in about 16 All Ireland finals between us, 14 for me and 1 each for the 2 lads' or something along those lines!

the Deel Rover

anyone see the show last night? i enjoyed it, thought it was funny when they showed the clip from the 1985 ai final and when fennelly(i think) scored his 2nd goal you could see a supporter run on the pitch abd give him a slap on the arse, jesus he was nearly in the goalmouth
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Sandy Hill

I thought tonight's show was "interesting" at a superficial level for which I'd blame the genial host. For this, the last show before the AIF, I was hoping for a more in-depth preview of Sunday's game instead of the talking heads stuff we got.

Where did Mark Vaughan get that accent? I think that he went to Blackrock but he doesn't have a D4 or Dub North accent; there was even a bit of an Australian twang?I got the impression listening to him that he's seems a nice enough fella though and not the gurrier that I thought he was.
"Stercus accidit"

An Laoch

Quote from: hardstation on September 13, 2007, 08:08:18 PM
Mark Vaughan is a typical Dub. He has no interest in GAA until the Dubs are playing in Croker.

That's hardly true. Vaughan had no interest in the GAA until he was playing WITH the Dubs in Croker.

For a guy that I've heard of being called as arrogant and full of confidence he didn't seem very comfortable being interviewed. It was very stilted and awkward between himself and Cahill.