GAABoard Fantasy Premiership 2007/2008 Season

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, July 11, 2007, 05:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deal_Me_In

Lads,
Have to say an relatively happy with my first week, but a couple of players didn't play which i thought were going to be big point scorers. Good captain pick in Van der Sar with double points but the team isn't going to do too well for Gameweek 2 as i think i only have 8 players available and unable to make any transfers can see it going down hill soon

lurganblue

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on August 14, 2007, 01:51:22 PM
Lads,
Have to say an relatively happy with my first week, but a couple of players didn't play which i thought were going to be big point scorers. Good captain pick in Van der Sar with double points but the team isn't going to do too well for Gameweek 2 as i think i only have 8 players available and unable to make any transfers can see it going down hill soon

yeah next week is going to be a ballix for me too. but it will all even itself out when the players that are missing this week get two games in one week some other time.

BenDover

Is it too late to join?

Think I can sneak in with my team before tonights window closes! Giving you boys a head start really  :D :D

anportmorforjfc

no i joined on sat night after gameweek one had closed

inisceithleann

how many lads will have to offload rooney now, i know i did. had to use the wildcard transfer. transferred him with martens, but will he be number one striker with owen, or will viduka and smith be there ahead of him. thing about strikers is that they are always being rotated. never good for a fantasy football team.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

anportmorforjfc

do we get the points for the spurs v everton game tonight or do we wait until tomorrow nights games are played

The Real Laoislad

You get one free transfer per week.I sold Soreson the Villa keeper as i reckon Carson will be their regualr keeper and bought myself a new keeper and put him in for tomorrow night as Shay Given my first choice is injured
I'll have ten players playing tomorrow night
You'll Never Walk Alone.

inisceithleann

is it 4 points u lose for making any more than the 1 transfer in a week? think it might be worth it. regretting my team selection and may pay off.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: inisceithleann on August 14, 2007, 02:24:56 PM
is it 4 points u lose for making any more than the 1 transfer in a week? think it might be worth it. regretting my team selection and may pay off.

Yeah you lose 4 points for anymore than one...Could make a few changes myself i don't know what i as thinking  with a few of the players i bought :-\
You'll Never Walk Alone.

inisceithleann

can't believe how obsessed you get with your team, it's only meant to be a laugh. i can't watch any games or highlighs without thinking how 'my players' are getting on/ do i need this stress?? :)

The Real Laoislad

I know what you mean...Was mad with myself that i left Shay Given in last week when he was injured this is gonna take up a lot of my time!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

lurganblue

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 14, 2007, 02:21:52 PM
You get one free transfer per week.I sold Soreson the Villa keeper as i reckon Carson will be their regualr keeper and bought myself a new keeper and put him in for tomorrow night as Shay Given my first choice is injured

not sure laoislad. did Taylor not play very well against liverpool? he'll probably start the next match too then...

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: lurganblue on August 14, 2007, 02:51:45 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 14, 2007, 02:21:52 PM

not sure laoislad. did Taylor not play very well against liverpool? he'll probably start the next match too then...

Maybe but i don't have Taylor in my squad i had Soreson so thats why i sold him coz i doubt he'll get a game now with Carson and Taylor ahead of him
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Norf Tyrone

QuoteYeah you lose 4 points for anymore than one...Could make a few changes myself i don't know what i as thinking  with a few of the players i bought

I know....my team looked great on Saturday morning. Also I looked ahead to game week 2 and picked accordingly, but didn't realise Bburn and Villa weren't playing either. That coupled with Essien's injury has screwed things up early doors.

I am starting my own mini league if anyone wants to join. The league is called gaaboardmemberswhodonotwanttoincludethefirstweekintheirscore.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

the green man