Where will you spend the eleventh night/twelfth?

Started by Rois, July 10, 2007, 10:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

fred the red

Maguire01

In the house watching TV. Alcohol stocked. Made the mistake of going to Tesco on the way home. It took me over an hour to get out of the car park, such was the volume of people and traffic - you'd swear everyone was preparing for a hurricane.

Square Ball

Quote from: Square Ball on July 10, 2007, 06:06:34 PM
Quote from: Rois on July 10, 2007, 10:24:34 AM
Just out of interest - are people fleeing the north in the annual mass exodus or has that passed now? 

Having just moved to North Belfast, I'm getting away for the eleventh night as I fear I may be within smelling distance of the Mount Vernon bonfire.

I will be staying in Belfast, used to head off the Saturday before Drumcree Sunday for two weeks in Gods own little acre (for the unenlightened its the Glens Of Antrim) but its a waste of leave now. Spend tonight in the Paradox/Errigle/Big House being sociable, again tomorrow night, but the bars are closing early. Also will be listening to the wonderful music emanating from the local Orange hall, its really nice of them to play it so loud to ensure that we can all hear it.

this is sad, doing exactly the same thing tonight, and they are playing the same god awful music from the Ballynafeigh orange hall as they did last year
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Niall Quinn

Quote from: nifan on July 11, 2008, 05:56:48 PM
In the house with pes onlin and watching Arrested Development season 3 which just arrived.

I still love saying "Bob Loblaw Lobs Law Bomb".
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Aerlik

Thank goodness I am so far away from the hatefest this year again.  I grew up surrounded by the sectarianism masquerading as "culture" so now I can look back and relax knowing my son will never be exposed to such garbage, eagerly supported by the state. 

There is so much written about how ordinary decent unionists (note, not Protestants, Unionists) don't want anything to do with this.  Well, therein lies the error in one's thinking; if that were so the ordinary decent unionists could easily put a stop to this simply by pulling the strings as they do for the other 364 days of the year.  The neanderthals on bonfire duty are purely the foot-soldiers of the greater force.

Cornered rats...
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Bacon

I will be in Newry supporting the Down hurlers against Carlow. It seems the right thing to do on Hatefest Day.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Shamrock Shore

No affect on us Mexicans in Dublin. Will blissfully ignore the Twalfth.

nifan

Quote from: hardstation on July 12, 2008, 10:20:53 AM
Babysat the niece near Seymour Hill, of all places. Heading to Donegal shortly. I wonder is there anything of interest in Drumahoe. I'll tell them I know nifan if there's any trouble.

Drumahoe doesnt have a bonfire so I hope you didnt go and be disappointed

magickingdom

the orange fest rebranding will never work simply because its a celebration of a victory of one side over the other. now can anybody tell me how that can ever be inclusive? ps see graeme mcdowell wearing a nice orange pants in the scotish open in loch lomand today!

Yes I Would

Hope they all had a wonderful day out, and feel a deep proud sense of Britishness and anti-catholic sentiment after the all embracing,world acclaimed Orangefest!!
You would think after today the flutes, drums and sashes would be put away for another year, but not at all. they will still be at it for the next six f**king weeks.
All in the name of culture!!

Main Street

Quote from: magickingdom on July 12, 2008, 08:06:29 PM
the orange fest rebranding will never work simply because its a celebration of a victory of one side over the other. now can anybody tell me how that can ever be inclusive?

The celebration of the battle has little to do with inclusion or exclusion.
It is the inherent bigotry of the OO that excludes.
The Grandmaster stated clearly,
this is not about cultural tourism  this is about Protestantism.
He straightened out any possible misunderstanding amongst the few that this was an inclusive event, a cultural event not to mention the hated term cultural tourism.
He said he was nauseated by the peace process.
'He issued a call for unionist unity to maximise their influence. Drew Nelson said disunity between the DUP and the Ulster Unionists was lowering morale and creating the danger of handing seats to nationalists in forthcoming elections'.

Those are some of the reasons why it is excludes 45% - 50% of the people - assuming that there are at least 4 or 5 % of non nationalists who are also excluded by the sectarian sentiments of the OO.

ONeill

Caught the last bit of one in an Antrim town. Enjoyed it and was happy to see oul women not far from the grave enjoying a bit of music. I like band music and a bit of colour.

However, it'll be hard to keep going in 20 yrs or so as I only saw 3 under the age of 30.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.