Where will you spend the eleventh night/twelfth?

Started by Rois, July 10, 2007, 10:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony hawks

Some pretty poor comments from the usual wankers still what would you expect from the woodkerne rabble. ;)

GweylTah

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 12, 2007, 05:32:06 PM
don't take the bait lads it will soon be friday the 13th  ;) ;)

The gay hunchbacked drawf, backed by his multi-national army and the pope, will defeat the evil and ultimately cowardly James.

Bogball XV

Quote from: GweylTah on July 12, 2007, 10:50:35 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 12, 2007, 05:32:06 PM
don't take the bait lads it will soon be friday the 13th  ;) ;)

The gay hunchbacked drawf, backed by his multi-national army and the pope, will defeat the evil and ultimately cowardly James.
Apparently the bit about the pope backing Billy is a myth.  The previous pope Innocent XI wanted the froggies bate alright, but he died in 1689, then new pope Alexander VIII didn't mind the frogs, don't know if he expressed a preference for Seamus, but he certainly wasn't backing Batty Boy Billy!!

GweylTah

Oh yes he was ... if only because he was maybe a 'batty-boy', too, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Bogball XV

Quote from: GweylTah on July 12, 2007, 11:10:14 PM
Oh yes he was ... if only because he was maybe a 'batty-boy', too, not that there's anything wrong with that.
Well, I don't know - I'm just passing on what the 2 historians on Newstalk's History hour on sunday evening were saying, it didn't mention anything about the pope's possible homosexuality, but I doubt that he was - his wife wouldn't have approved at all.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Weo Ping on July 12, 2007, 03:17:03 AM
Always found the Chester bar quite bland, bit like a big square waiting room! 
You should try the CB club though.

P.S forgot to mention the Hole-in-the Wall bar and the YCMSC also facing the Waterworks. 

GDU-do you not have to be a member to get into the CB or YC or do you just have someone sign you in?

CB is a great spot!!

Well you are supposed to be a member of the CB to get in but their not too strict.
I went to the Brothers (Omagh) and a full membership is only £20, but you can get an associate membership as well, think its only £20 as well
Tbc....

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: GweylTah on July 12, 2007, 11:10:14 PM

Both of them (James & William) where asses who where using the feers, hatreds & experiences of Protestants & Catholics of Europe to further their own advancement to sole Monarch.

What is the need to celebrate an event that led to Penal Laws, creating an Aparthide Statelet, where Catholics where 3'rd class citizens & Prespytarian where 2'nd class citizens, when these laws & the inspiration of France & America 100 years later inspired Catholic, Protestant & Dissenter to create a Republic of Equals.

The Catholics & Prespytarians where inspired by the overthrow of oppression like in France, the Church of Irelands where inspired of creating an Independent Republic like the Colonies, where they had control over trade & taxes.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 13, 2007, 11:15:37 PM
The BBC have actually a report on their website on the result of the "Sham Fight" FFS, they`ll be sponsoring the event next year. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/6898285.stm

But no mention of the shameful flags/banners on the 11th bonfires on either BBC or UTV and couldn't find it on RTE either.
But sure it's culture, I forgot...!!
Tbc....

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Spent mine in Omeath, Co Louth (with congrats to their continued success in the championship), with people from what some might call 'the other side' though I personally couldn't give a fcuk - good time had by all away from the 'Everybody's got to love today' fest.

PS. Seems like it's been quite hot under the collar in here between some posters! ::)
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

GweylTah

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 13, 2007, 11:39:53 PM
Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 13, 2007, 11:15:37 PM
The BBC have actually a report on their website on the result of the "Sham Fight" FFS, they`ll be sponsoring the event next year. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/6898285.stm

But no mention of the shameful flags/banners on the 11th bonfires on either BBC or UTV and couldn't find it on RTE either.
But sure it's culture, I forgot...!!

I suggest you look a bit closer, if this awful incident hadn't been reported widely, how would you and others have heard about it?  It was reported in all the main media outlets in one way or another, saying what you have said just for a moan makes you seem very foolish.

saffron sam2

As has been the practice for the past few years, I spent the eleventh night in my house cooking dinner and having drinks with a couple of pensioners too frightened to spend the night in their own house.  They could have spend the night watching drunken yobs pissing in their garden on their way to a bonfire less than fifty yards from the front door.  They could have sat and looked out at all the flags (visible from every room in their house). They chose not to remain in the house they have lived in for nearly thirty years (longer than any of those bonfiremen or flag wavers).

It won't happen next year, the house went on the market today.

The sad reality of what the 12th is all about for many people. And we see lengthy threads on 'sporting' sites wishing everything a Happy Glorious 12th.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

nifan

QuoteAnd we see lengthy threads on 'sporting' sites wishing everything a Happy Glorious 12th.

I assume this references owc - it was in the everything else section i assume and it also attracted a variety of opinions and caused several debates amongst owc members.
It concerns the sporting aspect of the site no more than many of the threads here concern the gaa

fred the red

nifan

In the house with pes onlin and watching Arrested Development season 3 which just arrived.

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid