Sligo are the CONNAGHT CHAMPIONS 2007

Started by SLIGONIAN, July 09, 2007, 11:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Can you hear me SLIGO ARE THE CONNAGHT CHAMPIONS

All the hurt all the suffering all the heart break all the robberies the weight of history ALL BANISHED TO THE SCRAPHEAP where they belong.

Galway Mayo cant rely on tradition to win connaght anymore. This is a new young Sligo team and that feeling I had when final whistle went was in describable. The embrace I had with my Dad will never be forgotten tears of JOY. Huge Sligo crowd and some day.

Its mcnamara to kelly, kelly to oHARA, OHARA BURST THROUGH, 2 GALWAYMEN HANGING OFF HIM STILL OHARA BANG GOAL FOR SLIGO..THE SLIGO CROWD GO NUTS...................... :D :D :D.

Its fallon its wide Sligo are the champions.................

Mcguire "this is only the begining"

Our defence was unbelievable. Thank you Sligo players and tommy breheny.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

BallyhaiseMan

Congrats Sligonian
You and the rest of Sligo deserve it!!!!

rosnarun

well done sligo. but rember sligonian dont drink and type
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Onlooker

Delighted for you Sligonian and for all the Sligo team and supporters.  That win yesterday has to an inspiration for all "weaker"counties.   It was great to see a team that played in Div. 2B of this year's National League winning a Provincial Championship.  Well done to all.

thebandit

Many congrats... McNamara, Quinn and the full back line were outstanding.

If youse can learn how to kick frees ....... ;D

AZOffaly

Hearty, hearty congratulations to Sligo. I am delighted for ye, and the scenes at Hyde Park were fantastic to see. Delighted for the Board members on here who have kept the flag flying for the past 10 years or so I've been on here, and other places. for lads like Eamon O'Hara, Sean Davey, etc etc it is brilliant, and a thought for lads likes Durcan and Paul Taylor who were not playing yesterday, they were instrumental in getting Sligo to the point where they could believe it was possible.

Coversations about what next and improvements needed can be held another time, but for now, Magpie Seanie, Sligonian, Paddypassedit, Owenmoresider and any other lads and ladies I may have missed, Congratulations, Well Done, and I am delighted for ye.

Sligeach Abú

ziggysego

Congratulations to Sligo. I was truly delighted to see them winning. Enjoy the win, youses deserved it!  ;D
Testing Accessibility

SLIGONIAN

This weaker counties rubbish is banished too ;D.... We are not inferior or weaker to anyone. Neither are Leitrim, monaghan , fermanagh etc... Time to show counties with tradition the respect they give us zero.......

We are no one man team either,, donovan, harrison, mcgure, quinn, mcnamara all outstanding yday.

full back

Great win yesterday
Was good to see the supporters - must have been some pints supped last night
Although as bandit says, them free kicks :D

SLIGONIAN

The shocking thing for most Sligo fans waking up this morning is how poor some of players played and we still won. Like the frees we missed on the left hand side were shocking. P Taylor if fit is our only hope in that respect but from play he slow and getting but maybe worth his place alone on free taking. Make no mistake this team still hasnt peaked and we know it. We were easily 8pts better than ros and 5or6 better than galway.

Hopefully Tommy will get that sorted for qtrs because we fear nobody now so we can win All Ireland. Our team is so fast so croke park will suit and plus we always play well there so I wont be suprised if we go all the way. We need to go to the next level ;).

GalwayBayBoy

QuoteGalway Mayo cant rely on tradition to win connaght anymore

Don't worry. We haven't gone away you know. ;D

Congrats to Sligo. though. Great scenes at the end. The singing needs some work though. ;)

Fishead_Sam

Congrats Sligo, but be carefull now SLIGONIAN, there was far too many handpasses out of defence, using too many players (a bit rich from a Mayoman I know) a small bit more kicking or the ball going through less hands out of defence and I reckon you shoud not have much fear of anyone. Also a little more work on the free taking, but otherwise a team that will not be a walkover for anyone.

BallyhaiseMan

For me,Theres no better sight in Gaelic Football than Eamon O Hara running with the ball at full speed.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on July 09, 2007, 01:17:19 PM
For me,Theres no better sight in Gaelic Football than Eamon O Hara running with the ball at full speed.

He nearly ended up playing for Mayo a few years back it seems, how the feck did we let him get away.

SLIGONIAN

No doubt we have alot of work to do. I agree. But by golly isnt that a great thing after winning connaght. Average age of squad 24. Future is bright.

Ive just heard on Ocean FM that civic reception tonight is cancelled and players are back training tomorrrow to refocus for All Ireland qtrs. Right on. Croke park will lift us to levels unparralled before. The Sligo support will be worth seeing for any GAA fan on August bank holiday.