What now for Armagh?

Started by Over the Bar, July 08, 2007, 07:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

True, true...a silly mistake on my part. Canavan is out of the picture these days. Bit like Armagh I suppose.....

Datsun Donaghy

Hopefully not for too long - thankfully you've been known to get it wrong!!!!!

Datsun Donaghy

That would be me cousin Plunkett of Moy - just across the bridge - another young cousin Nissan nearly drove his way onto the squad too

ONeill

QuoteAgree with the comments on the two Brains - and I was in a position to tell Brian McAlinden that to his face an hour after the final whistle in 2002. Shook his hand, told him he was responsible for a lot of what had just happened and thanked him!

Pure shite. If they had still been in place, you'd have no All-Irelands. They simply didn't know what it took to win one. I'm sure Brian knew that when he was forced to shake your hand and utter under his breath 'another condescending gobshite'.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

PatDaly

It seems Joe Kernan will be the Armagh manager again next year. He almost said as much in an interview with Con Murphy on RTE radio 1 earlier today. Joe commented during the interview about how he watched other games and how this made him realize what things he could have done different. When Joe meets with the Armagh county board in the next few weeks provided they are OK with him Joe will be back at the helm next year.

ONeill

You should read Death of Salesman by Arthur Miller. He's starting to resemble Willy.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: ONeill on July 15, 2007, 11:41:44 PM
QuoteAgree with the comments on the two Brains - and I was in a position to tell Brian McAlinden that to his face an hour after the final whistle in 2002. Shook his hand, told him he was responsible for a lot of what had just happened and thanked him!

Pure shite. If they had still been in place, you'd have no All-Irelands. They simply didn't know what it took to win one.

:D  I will grant you I do type a lot of dung, but if you look closely, I did not say we would have won the All Ireland under the two Bs!!   :-*

Quote from: ONeill on July 15, 2007, 11:41:44 PM
I'm sure Brian knew that when he was forced to shake your hand and utter under his breath 'another condescending gobshite'.

I can't believe it - I never heard him say anything bad during our conversation - but there you go, all the time he was muttering under his breath - and he seemed so nice when I was talking to him!!

It just shows doesn't it?   :D

bigpaul

There's nobody posts more dung than O'Neill Rufus!!!

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: bigpaul on July 16, 2007, 01:07:23 AM
There's nobody posts more dung than O'Neill Rufus!!!

Don't know Paul - I love it when Shane talks dirty!!   ;D

bigpaul

lawnseed 2

yes pat daly someone told me about this interview and i thought they were pulling my leg. i heard that mrs kernan was also briefly interviewed and she says joe will not be happy til ALL :o his sons are playing for armagh. it is now quite obvious the guy has lost the plot- mad as a march hare. infact far from managing the armagh squad he is now going to take us back to the early nineties. so get ready to get exited about league football again. wins over the likes of cavan in febuary will send the dwindling supporters into deleirium but one good thing will come out of this farce-- we'll get rid of the buckie brigade. but take this as fact not one club in armagh has a delegate at the county board with the swingers to stand up and say we think its time for a change even if his club wants him to. infact get ready for an even bigger bill for the county training fund next year as joe will certainly want to top up his tan before the championship   

Hank Everlast

is there any truth in the rumour that a few of armaghs bigger names said that they would be leaving the panel if joe stays on as manager ....

T Fearon

I think the time has come to thank Joe but initiate a change in direction. We don't want to end up among the mediocrities like Down (Mc Grath stayed far too long). Every manager, successful or not, has as shelf life and Joe has come to the end of his, in my opinion.

corn02

Quite a good response Datsun, but I still would be disgusted if Joe remains involved with Armagh.

Hank, I would certainly believe it but I have heard nothing.

maddog

Quote from: Hank Everlast on July 18, 2007, 01:38:17 PM
is there any truth in the rumour that a few of armaghs bigger names said that they would be leaving the panel if joe stays on as manager ....

Would the few "bigger" names not be going anyway? Who are you referring to?