What now for Armagh?

Started by Over the Bar, July 08, 2007, 07:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Everyone, without exception, seems to believe Joe will resign. Is there a chance he won't?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

corn02

Uladh disagrees ONeill. I would be shocked if he stayed on.

Over the Bar

QuoteI would love to see McGeeney as his right hand man - someone who would have the respect of the players and would instill discipline and a will to win that he himself helped bring to the squad.

Can you imagine a McGeeney training session??   100 push-ups before it starts and then bench-press twice yer own body weight 50 times before ye get home fer a veggie bhor-gor from the chip van at the carrickdale........and no smiling either............smiling is fer pussies...... :o

orangeman

Who will retire now ?
Mc Nulty ?
Mc Geeney ?
Mc Grane ?

Anyone else apart from Big Joe ?

corn02

I would make a guess at Bellew, McNulty, McGeeney, McGrane and McConville.

orangeman

The way I see Armagh is this - they concentrated too much in defence and keeping the score down - but they did this to the detriment of their forwards - they never regularly scored 15/16 points - they were always going to come a cropper some day when pursuing this strategy. Views ?

Onlooker

Any fair minded follower of the game would have to pay tribute to this Armagh team.  They have been up there with the best for the last 8 years and have given tremendous service to the game.  I have seen them in action in Croke Park twice and if some of their players have played their last inter county games they will be remembered and respected throughout the country.

corn02

Mardsen as well, forgot about him.

Indeed Orangeman it has been our downfall. We do not go for the kill and tend to sit back and hope to weather the storm. It has worked alot in the last few years, unfortunately this year our luck has been out in this area.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 08, 2007, 09:55:52 PM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 08, 2007, 09:16:58 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on July 08, 2007, 08:37:09 PM
Big Joe gone?? Thats the chips vans outside the Carrickdale fucked.

So the great one in a row team has eventually come to an end....the only team to win two All Irelands in the same year....their first and their last :D :D

Nice one 5 Sams - laighing and pointing the finger at our ship going down, as you bob up and down on the waves in your life jacket!   ::)

Our ship has been around alot longer than yours and is made of sterner stuff. We`ll be back at some stage, in the meantime its still 5-1.

For one horrible moment, having spotted the Down crest, I thought that was 5 Sams response. Closer look, and it's your good self 5ive Times.

You are a very knowledgeable individual. I congratulate you on your response.  ::)

Bensars

Plain and simple. Just admit that you' se cant match your neighbours.

Down Louth and Tyrone. ;D

pintsofguinness

Careful rufus, he'll take you outside and shoot you or something   ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

I must say Bensars and 5Times have been very childish this evening. They belong on forums like  OrchardCounty. The GAABoard has a reputation for good discussion on games but it is a shame you are more worried about Armagh than your own Counties.

tevez

First of all Joe will definately go, it's time for a change. McGrane, McGeeney, McNulty, Marsden, McConville, Bellew will retire. By the way Paddy McKeever should as well, he has definetly lost it. Replacement for Joe is hard to say, anyone from John Rafferty, Peter Rafferty, Peter McDonnell, Paul Grimley, Ciaran McGeneey.
Whoever is the manager should definitely look to the future. My team would be
1. Hearty
2. Mallon
3. Toner/Moriarty
4. Donaghy
5.Kernan
6. McKeever
7. Dyas
8. Lavery
9. Vernon
10. Liam O'Hare
11. Mallon
12. Martin O'Rourke
13. McDonnell
14. Clarke
15. Toal/Foker/ Michael O'Rourke whichever one shows best through the league.

I feel this team has alot of promise and if it was coached right and was fully dedicated could do very well.

Last thing. I would like to thank Joe and the boys I have mentioned that will probably retire for the effort they put in and the success they brought to Armagh. They will always be remebered.

corn02

I tell you 5 Times if we are finished, God help what Down are.

corn02

Ah since reading your last message I now see you are fishing and I took the bait, a tip of the hat to you sir.