Dublin Fans once Again ripped off when it comes to tickets!

Started by Tankie, July 05, 2007, 03:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Does any county have 25,000 genuine supporters? Obviously not.

So allocate the tickets 50/50 as its supposed to be a neutral venue. So what if a few bandwagonners don't get tickets. They'll not be too upset anyway though they'll moan plenty about it, something I have found this type of person is very good at. Genuine fans that get stuck (rarely happens bar the All-Ireland) will dig and dig until they turn one up.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 05, 2007, 03:34:20 PM
Ah thank f**k for that, finally a thread not picking on the poor innocent Kerryman.

I think you will find that the tickets are allocated by a secret circle of Kerrymen Micheal O'Muireachartaigh, Mick O'Dwyer, The Bomber Liston, Jack O'Se, Pat Spillane, Sean Kelly, Ryans Daughters Father, the Ghosts of Daniel O'Connell, Tom Crean & Charlie Haughey.

Its all Kerrys fault, always didn't ya know  ;)

Tankie

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 05, 2007, 05:11:49 PM

So allocate the tickets 50/50 as its supposed to be a neutral venue. So what if a few bandwagonners don't get tickets. They'll not be too upset anyway though they'll moan plenty about it, something I have found this type of person is very good at. Genuine fans that get stuck (rarely happens bar the All-Ireland) will dig and dig until they turn one up.

well i guess it womes down to what you define as a genuine fan, if 70k dublin fans are willing to turn up for the first championship game of the year i do think that is impressive. This bull shit that its not about population its about counties is rubish. if laois get 25k that is well in excess of their demand based on previous matches, where as the Dubs have to take a cut once again.

Sometimes I wish all dublin fans would not turn up for a whole championship and see how the GAA like their loss in revenue. sure i cant wait for the shit when the pitch invasion happens, because of course its ok for Limerick to run on and stop a match early, or kerry fans invade the pitch, but when the dubs go onto the pitch its a riot.
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on July 05, 2007, 06:11:07 PM

well i guess it womes down to what you define as a genuine fan, if 70k dublin fans are willing to turn up for the first championship game of the year i do think that is impressive. This bull shit that its not about population its about counties is rubish. if laois get 25k that is well in excess of their demand based on previous matches, where as the Dubs have to take a cut once again.

Sometimes I wish all dublin fans would not turn up for a whole championship and see how the GAA like their loss in revenue. sure i cant wait for the shit when the pitch invasion happens, because of course its ok for Limerick to run on and stop a match early, or kerry fans invade the pitch, but when the dubs go onto the pitch its a riot.

You not getting a bit ahead of yourself there tankie,Its a bit soon to be looking forward to the Dubs invading the pitch.There is a match to played first ya know ::) ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rossfan

Quote from: Gnevin on July 05, 2007, 04:05:44 PM
Quote from: 5iveTimes on July 05, 2007, 04:01:16 PM
If tickets are being made available through Ticketmaster, why dont the Cheeky Dubs buy them there?
Because we want to support the GAA not Toutmaster.

Due to being away a lot this week I decided to get my Connacht finaal tickets  over the internet via gaa.ie .
You get directed to ticketmaster and get charged extra. The tickets arrived and guess what - not a GAA logo in site and all in the Queen's best BĂ©arla. Not a word of Gaeilge anywhere.

Now I always thought one of the GAA's objectives was to further the Irish Language and while only token efforts are usually made even this now seems to be abandoned.
As for ticket allocations -surely the thing to do is base it on home League attendances and then let the Provincial Council in question put the rest on sale and NOT via ticketbastard.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fishead_Sam

A leave the Dubs alone we ruined their pitch invasion last August.  ;D

SuperSub

[/b]

Typical f**king Dub,Sure why are Laois even bothering to turn up seeing as the scrots on the Hill are already planning their pitch invasion,I hope Laois hammer ye Jackeen C****

Kerry Mike

'Tis great to see a bit of bitterness still in the real capital of Langers.

QuoteI hope Laois hammer ye Jackeen C****
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Mike Sheehy

QuoteI think you will find that the tickets are allocated by a secret circle of Kerrymen Micheal O'Muireachartaigh, Mick O'Dwyer, The Bomber Liston, Jack O'Se, Pat Spillane, Sean Kelly, Ryans Daughters Father, the Ghosts of Daniel O'Connell, Tom Crean & Charlie Haughey.

Its still tough though. After we have sorted out the masons and the ex-nazis hiding out in the black valley there arent too many to go around. Sometimes we trade counterfeit hurling final tickets to the Cork lads. They always fall for it god love 'em. There is no end to our deviousness.

Hound

Quote from: Fishead sam on July 05, 2007, 05:11:49 PM

A leave the Dubs alone we ruined their pitch invasion last August.
Ho Ho Ho
3 mayowomen

So what if a few bandwagonners don't get tickets. They'll not be too upset anyway though they'll moan plenty about it, something I have found this type of person is very good at. Genuine fans that get stuck (rarely happens bar the All-Ireland) will dig and dig until they turn one up.
Indeed.
However, allocating thousands of tickets to ticketmaster and leaving the dublin county board short, makes it easier for the bandwagoner to get a ticket and harder for the club member to get a ticket.

Tankie

Quote from: SuperSub on July 05, 2007, 07:14:34 PM

[/b]

Typical f**king Dub,Sure why are Laois even bothering to turn up seeing as the scrots on the Hill are already planning their pitch invasion,I hope Laois hammer ye Jackeen C****

Would you cop yourself on and go back to whatever bog you crawled out off. Like honestly, as if Laois can beat us ::)
Grand Slam Saturday!

Tankie

I that your point 5iveTimes and i do agree with you, but it would be a total shock if Laois were to win. I may have got a bit excited in the last post but he was a w**ker.
Grand Slam Saturday!

tayto

Eh, it wouldnt be that big a shock to me. Both these teams are more then capable of having a stinker, All it'd take is Laois to have a good day and us to have an bad day and we're out on our ears. If both teams have a good day then it could be a great match but could go either way.

INDIANA

Sometimes I wish all dublin fans would not turn up for a whole championship and see how the GAA like their loss in revenue.  

I second that sentiment.Jeus could you imagine the bitching about not being able to afford thinsg like clubhouses/footballs hurls etc. Would be hilarious.

BUt i agree that selling tickets on knackermaster is scandalous.95% should  be sold through the clubs with only a nominal amount going to knackermaster. because this is where half the problems arise. BUt the likes of Peter Mc Kenn and Co wouldn't be bright enough to realise that.

SuperSub

Quote from: Tankie on July 05, 2007, 11:43:08 PM
I that your point 5iveTimes and i do agree with you, but it would be a total shock if Laois were to win. I may have got a bit excited in the last post but he was a w**ker.

Eh surely your being the w**ker crowing about pitch invasions before ye even played the match