Holidays

Started by john mcgill, July 04, 2007, 08:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

Zel Am Zee - Austria. Great craic Great skiiing for all levels
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on August 09, 2007, 09:46:03 AM
Anyone know or anywhere doing good deals on skiing holidays (not Bulgaria) for the End of Jan/first week in Feb. talking 4-6 people mixed men and women but somewhere with a bit of night life and good for Beginner and Intermediate skiers,

You could try Livigno, should get a reasonable deal, its fairly high up so should be guaranteed snow and fairly cheap in resort.  I'm organising a group of 26 to go there on the 26th Janaury.

john mcgill

As people wind their way back from holidays, are there any reports on where you were and if its worth going there.
I was in California, weather cooler than normal but it was cheap to eat and drink.  Had Kobe beef for the first time.  Also went to Mexico City, I loved the place plenty of culture and great local food.  Despite bottled water etc got the runs as warned in guidebooks. The Pyramids and the Zocalco were awesome.  Spent a lot of time in churches and enjoyed it, used to be pubs, a sign of age.  Suitcase was full of Mexican pottery.  Always felt I had to be on my guard because of safety warnings but saw nothing and found Mexican people to be friendly and charming.

Candyman

Quote from: Hank Everlast on August 09, 2007, 08:46:30 AM
headn to Salou on the 24th with the woman and child! stayn just outside the main town...
never been before but its supposed to be very kid friendly which will suit me!

Candyman just watch coming thru the customs where ever u go, i kno ur rep!
Now now hank dont u be talking out of school....... that was ALL G's fault!!! :L:L:L

The Real Laoislad

Off to Italy at 5pm today....Enjoy the rain folks  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

maddog

Thinking of Tuscany in May, anyone been? Can get there and nice accommodation at reasonable rate but dont want to go to rip off central.

feetofflames

Lethal Greve in Chianti .  Be warned after drinking 2 bottles of red wine a day for 6 days, will give you a terrible hangover on the 7th.  Try to fly home after 8 days instead of 7.
Chief Wiggum

ziggysego

Going to Germany for a week. Maybe in June.
Testing Accessibility

Davitt Man

Lads go to Crete, savage craic, rent out quads for the week. Get steamed and drive them around for the week serious craic, i dunno how no one was killed last year when we went.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Davitt Man on March 05, 2008, 05:17:39 PM
Lads go to Crete, savage craic, rent out quads for the week. Get steamed and drive them around for the week serious craic, i dunno how no one was killed last year when we went.

What age are you?

magpie seanie

QuoteLads go to Crete, savage craic, rent out quads for the week. Get steamed and drive them around for the week serious craic, i dunno how no one was killed last year when we went.

It kinda clear why so many people get killed on the roads in our country with logic like this. Well done Davitt Man - genius of the week.

bennydorano

Wexford this year for me, place called Ardamine - near Courtown.  Great time(& weather) in Barleycove in Cork last year, but the drive and it being in the arsehole of nowhere is a killer (3 kids under 5).  Should be plenty to do round courtown i'd imagine?  Hopefully get back to foreign hols next year when the youngest gets out of nappies.

Boynegael

Just wondering if anyone ever used cyberrentals.com...vacation homes for rent all over the world... heading to Vegas in October for a wedding, staying in the Bellagio...I'm really looking forward to that.  Would love to rent a house in Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard/Nantucket for a week in August, but need to take the Lab (Setanta) with me...Not everyone is pet friendly.
Checking out cyberrentals for a place in St Croix over Xmas and New Year for a week.  Would love feedback on this option as there seems to be some very reasonable places on this site. 
Advice appreciated...
Use your head...your feet are for dancing.

john mcgill

Off to NY for Easter, going to try some of Hardy's recommendations (thanks again Hardy) for eating and imbibing.  Donegal for the summer with a city break to Berlin at the start of July.  Any early tips for cheap flights on city breaks would be appreciated.  I get the Easy Jet e mail and it gives the heads up on offers.  Jeez I'm starting to sound like a Yank!

Tyrones own

Quote from: Boynegael on March 06, 2008, 05:43:53 AM
Just wondering if anyone ever used cyberrentals.com...vacation homes for rent all over the world... heading to Vegas in October for a wedding, staying in the Bellagio...I'm really looking forward to that.  Would love to rent a house in Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard/Nantucket for a week in August, but need to take the Lab (Setanta) with me...Not everyone is pet friendly.
Checking out cyberrentals for a place in St Croix over Xmas and New Year for a week.  Would love feedback on this option as there seems to be some very reasonable places on this site. 
Advice appreciated...

I use VRBO and Craigslist for Advertising Vacation rentals, i'd say they'd be worth a look see.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann