Holidays

Started by john mcgill, July 04, 2007, 08:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real SlimShady

im off tay Faliraki 2mro with a few of the lads :)

cavan4ever

Quote from: girt_giggler on July 05, 2007, 10:31:23 AM
Quote from: hardstation on July 04, 2007, 10:06:39 PM
Salou for my sins. Does anybody out there know how to get out from under a thumb? Or any good bars I can go to when I send her shopping in Barcalona for a day?

me & the mrs been 3 times, although not in the past 5 years odd.  loved it each time hence why we kept going back. at that stage it was an up-coming resort, very clean etc but I belive now it has went downhill slightly, i assume since the Brits started going regularly. 

Of all the Med resorts ive been to it has easily the best beach ive ever seen. trip to Port Aventura is a must, as is Barca

Was there last summer and had a great time.  The beach is lovely and loads of nice resturants, didn't bother with Port Aventura because im not really into that but went to a nice water park in La pineda which is a short bus ride away.  I'd advise you to go to Barcelona because it is a very nice city.  We went on a day trip which was good but we only got 2-3 hours in the city for ourselves which wasn't enough.

girt_giggler

yea dont go to waterpark at port aventura its crap i hear. one cavan4ever mentioned does the job.
+also check different travel agents for port aventura tickets, you can sometimes get them cheap as chips

Candyman

can anyone recommend anywhere in cyprus to go???

john mcgill

Dropped someone off at Dublin airport this morning.  With the section of the motorway open until near the Carrickdale it only took me an hour and a quarter from Armagh.  Probably only a matter of time before they will be coming from Dublin to drink at the Shambles!

Mhic Easmuint

I'm with Rois on the skiing, go skiing twice rather than any sun holiday. 
Nothing booked yet, might go to Livigno again.

The Real Laoislad

Booked Lake Garda in Italy this morning was going to go to Dubai but the "boss"(girlfriend) changed her mind
Anyone been to Lake Garda?
We are going to go to Venice and Milan while we are there too
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mannix

Greece for 5 days in august and nyc for a week in late august.Much prefer skiing to sun holiday.I snowboard and will go to chamonix with a friend in january weather permitting.Was in the pyrenees in march just for a few days to see it and the locals told me the skiing was nonexistant because no snow fell for the first time ever.I get lots of short breaks rather than 1 long one, always something to look forward to.Was in bermuda last year, unbelievable beauty but expensive and too small  if you stay more than a week.
At the end of it all I would always be glad to go fishing on the moy and have a few pints in ballina after,nothing like home.

Declan

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 12, 2007, 02:13:47 PM
Booked Lake Garda in Italy this morning was going to go to Dubai but the "boss"(girlfriend) changed her mind

Lake Garda is nice- where you staying? Was there last year for World cup semis and final great craic altogether.

Off to the States on 24th Jlu. Big Apple for 3 days and nights then Boston for  the weekend followed by a couple of weeks in Maine - Moosehead Lake. Cant wait

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Declan on July 12, 2007, 03:21:14 PM

Lake Garda is nice- where you staying? Was there last year for World cup semis and final great craic altogether.

Off to the States on 24th Jlu. Big Apple for 3 days and nights then Boston for  the weekend followed by a couple of weeks in Maine - Moosehead Lake. Cant wait

The Gardesana Hotel
You'll Never Walk Alone.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 12, 2007, 03:26:57 PM

The Gardesana Hotel

which town?
Got to visit the picturesque sirmione !

The Real Laoislad

Anyone know of a site where you can check out expected tempertures for a place in a certain month?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 12, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

The Gardesana Hotel

which town?

Hotel Gardesana
di Elisabetta Calzà
Via Brione n°1
38066 Riva del Garda (Trento) /ITALY

Don't know which part of address is the town we are in
You'll Never Walk Alone.

MauriceMalpas

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 12, 2007, 03:30:12 PM
Anyone know of a site where you can check out expected tempertures for a place in a certain month?

http://www.weather.com/

lynchbhoy

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 12, 2007, 03:33:22 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 12, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

The Gardesana Hotel

which town?

Hotel Gardesana
di Elisabetta Calzà
Via Brione n°1
38066 Riva del Garda (Trento) /ITALY

Don't know which part of address is the town we are in
The lake is like one of them isoceles (?) triangles. You are up at the top if I rem correctly.
Sirmione is down at the bottom right hand side - its just above the main road between brescia and verona that runs along parallel to the bottom of the lake.
I was never up that far, - we stayed in desendano del garda at the bottom side of the lake.
Think you will like it though.
Food is generally great (get the hotel to recommend places the locals would go to)
vino is good - not sure if that region is piedmont - and can get access to loads of Barolo - but you will get good vino whatever region you visit.
You can get the ferry to all the towns on the lake, so could spend a day hopping from place to place.
should be good!