Christy Ring Cup 2007

Started by Lecale2, June 27, 2007, 03:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

Whats the story with this Kerry v Down game, only just seen this thread now and havent heard any media reports about it beyond what was on hoganstand below. Shane Brick scored 15 points which is a great personal tally.

Quotehttp://www.hoganstand.com/Kerry/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=80106

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

magpie seanie

Mentalman

Any sign of a draw or fixtures for the semis? Westmeath were fairly poor against Kerry, gone backwards alot over the last 18-24 months.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

cill_dara

It's a double header in Tullamore this saturday 21st July with an all Leinster final four :

Westmeath Vs Carlow 5.00pm
Meath Vs Kildare 7.00pm

They Should be two good games of Hurling!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Mentalman on July 16, 2007, 04:44:44 PM
Any sign of a draw or fixtures for the semis? Westmeath were fairly poor against Kerry, gone backwards alot over the last 18-24 months.

It was a brutal game on Saturday, but there is a few good lads that should come through in the next couple of years, keeping them interested will as always be the challenge.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

johnneycool

Quote from: cill_dara on July 17, 2007, 01:21:55 PM
It's a double header in Tullamore this saturday 21st July with an all Leinster final four :

Westmeath Vs Carlow 5.00pm
Meath Vs Kildare 7.00pm

They Should be two good games of Hurling!

It's a Meath v Westmeath final..

Will Eoin Brislane be lining out against David Kennedy cill_dara?

Bacon

Who is in the relegation play-off?
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Mentalman

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 17, 2007, 02:17:01 PM

It was a brutal game on Saturday, but there is a few good lads that should come through in the next couple of years, keeping them interested will as always be the challenge.

Agreed. From that point of view having the Ring & Rackard competitions is beneficial in my opinion, even if Saturday's game was dreadful. I just wish the GAA itself would give it some publicity. For instance there is no where on GAA.ie you can find out the group standing etc. If the organisation itself can't be bothered how can they expect the national media to give it any attention? Not expecting a huge crowd in Tullamore, hope I can make it myself, working that night but think I will manage it. Would love to see them make another final, it does keep an interest in the small ball game going in the "lesser" counties, not only because you get a big day out in Croker and get to watch how the big boys do it at first hand.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Mentalman on July 17, 2007, 02:53:39 PM

Agreed. From that point of view having the Ring & Rackard competitions is beneficial in my opinion, even if Saturday's game was dreadful. I just wish the GAA itself would give it some publicity. For instance there is no where on GAA.ie you can find out the group standing etc. If the organisation itself can't be bothered how can they expect the national media to give it any attention? Not expecting a huge crowd in Tullamore, hope I can make it myself, working that night but think I will manage it. Would love to see them make another final, it does keep an interest in the small ball game going in the "lesser" counties, not only because you get a big day out in Croker and get to watch how the big boys do it at first hand.

Apart from the first year where they had his descendents on the steps for the Hogan, the GAA have done nothing for the Christy Ring Cup, or the Nicky Rackard for that matter. Won't be able to make Tullamore or Sunday in Croker for that matter, hopefully will get to see Westmeath in the final as the undercard to Galway V Wexford match... There will be a poor enough crowd there from Westmeath compared to what there could have been if the hurlers put up a decent showing...

the ship

Quote from: Bacon on July 17, 2007, 02:46:39 PM
Who is in the relegation play-off?

there is no relagation this year

Mentalman

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 17, 2007, 04:01:58 PM
Quote from: Mentalman on July 17, 2007, 02:53:39 PM

Apart from the first year where they had his descendents on the steps for the Hogan, the GAA have done nothing for the Christy Ring Cup, or the Nicky Rackard for that matter. Won't be able to make Tullamore or Sunday in Croker for that matter, hopefully will get to see Westmeath in the final as the undercard to Galway V Wexford match... There will be a poor enough crowd there from Westmeath compared to what there could have been if the hurlers put up a decent showing...

True, Saturday's fare wouldn't whet the appetite for the casual observer. One of my friends who would have little enough interest was shocked at the standard, or even that Kerry could put it up to Westmeath. Easy knowing he hasn't been paying much heed since the eighties. Still he didn't expect at the end of the hurling match that the football could be worse! It wasn't until they moved Murtagh closer to goal that Westmeath got anything like a game going. But sure we will see how things pan out, maybe the chance of a big day out will get them motivated.

Croí na hÉireann

Quotemaybe the chance of a big day out will get them motivated.

Hopefully, would be great to see them back in Croker. Carlow will be motivated anyway after their no show last year so it'll be no walkover. Ridiculous there's no promotion to Liam McCarthy this year.

Lecale2

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 18, 2007, 12:53:28 PM
Ridiculous there's no promotion to Liam McCarthy this year.

Why is there no promotion this year?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Lecale2 on July 18, 2007, 01:03:37 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 18, 2007, 12:53:28 PM
Ridiculous there's no promotion to Liam McCarthy this year.

Why is there no promotion this year?

A question only the HDC can answer (and whatever it is it still won't make sense).

Bacon

Kildare side to face Meath on Saturday -

C Cunningham; T Finnerty, P Reidy, P Keegan; D Harney, D Kennedy, K Bracken; C Buggy, B White; K Divilly, T Murphy, L Harney; B Byrne, O Lynch, T Spain.

Have they a chance? Where has the improvement in Meath come from? This could be a good year for Meath GAA all round. Not many would have foreseen the progress so far at the start of the year.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009