Chris Benoit found dead!

Started by corn02, June 25, 2007, 11:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottish-dub

not with reagrds to a wwf thread - no ill leave that for you children ::)

Gabriel_Hurl

Good man - thanks for your input

rosnarun

On a human level it is an absolute tragedy , the type of which we have heard too often of in Ireland this year but it is not a sports story and should not be trated as such in the last year we have seen similar cases by a publican a musician and and unemployed mother. these people need help before they go off the rails not scorn after
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

ExiledGael

It's been ten years since I was a fan but the wee brothers still follow it so I know the names still.
Can't believe all the old wrestlers who have died, crazy profession, these guys need help
By the way I have no sympathy for Chris himself, but God love his family, truly awful story, and God knows what they've been putting up with for years

Long time dead

Quote from: scottish-dub on June 27, 2007, 03:09:41 PM
not with reagrds to a wwf thread - no ill leave that for you children ::)

Tosser - why the fcuk read it then - muppet!

ExiledGael

Can't understand people popping up on threads criticising the content, stay off that topic then dickhead!

Square Ball

terrible thing to happen to anyone's family and I wouldnt like to speculate as to why he did it, should have just topped himself and left his wife and son alone.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

MaroonAndWhite

Benoit’s son suffered from Fragile X Syndrome, speculation over whether pressure was too much
Written: June 27, 2007WWE.com has uncovered information that Chris Benoit’s son Daniel suffered from Fragile X Syndrome, a genetically passed on condition that results in impairments ranging from physical and learning disabilities to more severe cognitive or intellectual disabilities.

Pam Winthrope, whose own 12-year-old son suffers from Fragile X syndrome, told NEWS 1130 in Vancouver, that she and her husband talked to Benoit about the condition five years ago.

“We talked to him because I was trying to set up a support group in BC and in Canada, we only have a couple of them.” she said. “My husband was struggling when we got diagnosed with our son, and Chris was struggling with his. They talked for a few minutes, and then he said he didn’t want to be a public face for Fragile X. He just wanted to keep it really, really quiet.”

Sources close to Benoit recall similar conversations with him where he described his son’s condition as “a learning disability much like autism”. These sources quote Benoit as saying “Daniel wasn’t capable of interacting with other children and was afraid of other children. Daniel also had a hard time making eye contact with everyone which was symptom of his disability”. Benoit claimed that his son was on medication for this condition.

Winthrop discussed the pressures facing parents of children diagnosed with Fragile X syndrome. During her interview with News 1130 she stated that families can be torn apart by the disease because it's very difficult to find help and support. Winthrop added, "You as a parent have to go out there and find what's available and it's not easy --they don't tell you." Friends of Benoit echo sentiments from him along similar lines. According to these sources “Chris stated that Nancy loved Daniel but did not want to be a stay at home mom. Nancy was also frustrated about Daniel’s learning disabilities and development. Nancy also struggled and lacked knowledge on how to discipline Daniel, when Daniel misbehaved. Chris was concerned about this and went home anytime he could from the road.”

A co-worker and long time friend of the Benoit’s speculates that perhaps the pressures of home and Daniels illness got to him, causing him to snap and take the life of his wife Nancy and son Daniel before taking his own life.

“Is it possible that after Chris killed Nancy (for whatever reason) that he felt Daniel wouldn't be able to get the care and attention he required as a special needs child (if that is indeed true) with no mother and a father either in jail or dead?” said a co-worker who knew Benoit for more than 15 years and idolized him. “Did he then decide that the only way he could protect and take care of his son was to take him to the next world and go with him? In his warped and twisted state did he think this was the only way to shield his son from a difficult life of pain and hardship? It doesn't condone or justify a damn thing but it's the best reason I can think of. I'm trying to put together some semblance of logic for his actions, but it's an impossible task trying to explain this.”

scottish-dub

did not  know who the thread was about -I wasnt into watching men dance with each other in a wrestling ring

not my fault some steroid head done his fellow wrestling family in -she should have learnt how to block a pile driver ::)

Long time dead

Quote from: scottish-dub on June 28, 2007, 09:55:28 AM
did not  know who the thread was about -I wasnt into watching men dance with each other in a wrestling ring

not my fault some steroid head done his fellow wrestling family in -she should have learnt how to block a pile driver ::)

Ah but you sound like a lad that has danced in men's rings.  :D

Spiritof98

Quote from: scottish-dub on June 28, 2007, 09:55:28 AM

Not funny!!

Stranworst in disguise.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

scottish-dub

im afraid not 8)

i think it was a tragic accident showing the dangers of steroids in a rship

RIP

High Catch

Long time dead

For a p***k that isn't interested in this thread he's doing a fair bit of posting - tool!