Tommy Murphy Cup 2007 Official Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, June 25, 2007, 04:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

It's hard to argue with teams in this then you see the standard of the like of Offaly etc . This is meant as no slight on these proud counties but most if not all the TM teams this year would be beaten out the door in the qualifiers
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ONeill

That's a great draw for Antrim. Kilkenny, then London.

Who do Armagh play?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maximus Marillius

Why isn't Slim posting on this thread, Antrim have a big game with Kilkenny...its in football :D :D :P

shotstopper1

Quote from: Gnevin on June 27, 2007, 09:43:06 AM
It's hard to argue with teams in this then you see the standard of the like of Offaly etc . This is meant as no slight on these proud counties but most if not all the TM teams this year would be beaten out the door in the qualifiers

In 2004 Derry finished 3rd from bottom in Div 2B,and were knocked out of Ulster early on(beaten by 11 by Tyrone),but they still went on to contest the All Ireland semi final only to be beaten by eventual champions Kerry.
Fairly unlikely but is it not possible that Wicklow,Offaly etc could achieve something similar.I'd say a lot of these counties would rather get to the last 8 of the All Ireland series than win the TMC.

charlie stubbs

armagh play derry in the qualifiers o'neill,they arent in the tommy murphy cup

charlie stubbs

i wont even dignify that statement with further responses "downman" :D :D

Denver Mayobridge

Antrim hammer Kilkenny, who got the scores then?

ONeill

Jaysus I used to think Kilkenny should tog out a team.

Now I'm not so sure.

Is 3-32 to 1-0 correct?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Rossfan

Hope the scoreboard man had an assistant  :-\ :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: hardstation on June 30, 2007, 05:17:16 PM
Aontroim 3-32
Cill Chainnigh 1-00

I wonder how many were at the game

No pressure will come on Kilkenny to rectify this sitation while Nicky Brennan is in charge.

mannix

I believe a junior club would beat kilkenny, they are shameless, i hope they win nothing in hurling this year with that type of effort or respect against any other team.
Antrim must be sorry
for wasting their time with kilkenny.

Onlooker

Mannix is 100% correct.  The Kilkenny County Board are a disgrace to the G.A.A. for their attitude to football and the way that they treat their own players who are interested enought to play.  Hopefully,Wexford will beat them to-morrow.

From the Bunker

Have to feel sorry for Kilkenny footballers. if there is a promotion from the TM to Senior Championship next season, could there not be a relegation/promotion from the TM to/from the Junior championship. e.g. Kilkenny to go down to Junior and the junior champions to be promoted (a stronger counties B team) to the TM. it would make the Junior championship stronger as well as the TM. This already happens in the womens game and seems to be successful!

Balboa

I think the Tommy Murphy cup is a waste of time but letting Kilkenny enter it devalues it even more, this is a team that does not play in their provincial championship and will not be playing National League next year. It shows you the level Kilkenny are at when Antrim score 3-31 or whatever it was, Antrim are one of the weakest counties in the country.

BallyhaiseMan

how do you let a team score 31 points on you in 70 minutes of football.  :o
shocking stuff.