Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Quote from: tyroneman on November 22, 2014, 07:10:03 PM
Worst Utd team in over 2 decades. Arsenal still bottling it. Still don't have players with anything about them.

Arteta once again proving he should never be near that first 11

Wenger should walk if he has any pride. A complete fcking joke of a team

Were we watching the same game?Seriously?

ONeill

And we know that Arsenal might ride this period and probably finish top 4.

Even though that's a dream come true for many clubs, it's a worsening stalemate for Arsenal.

I'd rather finish outside the top 6 but witness a new brand of football and footballer.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: StGallsGAA on November 22, 2014, 07:50:47 PM
Every Arsenal player ever signed by Wenger  must have nightmares about United!!

What age are you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvl1lqUeowQ
MWWSI 2017

GJL

Quote from: ONeill on November 23, 2014, 12:15:12 AM
And we know that Arsenal might ride this period and probably finish top 4.

Even though that's a dream come true for many clubs, it's a worsening stalemate for Arsenal.

I'd rather finish outside the top 6 but witness a new brand of football and footballer.

I'm not sure they will this year.

tyroneman

Quote from: beer baron on November 22, 2014, 11:38:04 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on November 22, 2014, 07:10:03 PM
Worst Utd team in over 2 decades. Arsenal still bottling it. Still don't have players with anything about them.

Arteta once again proving he should never be near that first 11

Wenger should walk if he has any pride. A complete fcking joke of a team

Were we watching the same game?Seriously?

Absolutely. Can't tackle. Passes sideways. Offers nothing. The perfect captain for sterile domination. Arteta is the embodiment of a 6/10 player. Doesn't drive the team on. Doesn't score (penalties aside). Doesn't create. The only asset he has is pass accuracy but they are all so ineffectual it's immaterial and yesterday his passing was idiotic at times, firing first touch (sideways of course) ball into Ox when Ox was double marked.

I understand the way some managers will need a metronome player, someone to keep ticking things over, recycling the ball, moving it on but the good ones all have some sense of purpose. Arteta appears happy to hit 2-3 yard passes ad infinitum.

theticklemister

Was at my first ever soccer game yesterday against utd at the emirates. Some stadium

beer baron

Football's a funny old game,people see things so much differently at times. That's what makes it fun.

mrdeeds

Arteta is a holding midfielder. It's up to Ramsey and Jack to take game by scruff of the neck. Arteta yesterday had quite a few turnovers. He done his job. Other players deserve criticism but the easy option to blame Arteta.

tyroneman

Quote from: mrdeeds on November 23, 2014, 12:24:09 PM
Arteta is a holding midfielder. It's up to Ramsey and Jack to take game by scruff of the neck. Arteta yesterday had quite a few turnovers. He done his job. Other players deserve criticism but the easy option to blame Arteta.

According to the match stats Arteta had 2 successful tackles and 1 interception. The majority of his passes were to Monreal (12). It's easy to criticise him when he does so little.

beer baron

Quote from: tyroneman on November 23, 2014, 04:38:39 PM

According to the match stats Arteta had 2 successful tackles and 1 interception. The majority of his passes were to Monreal (12). It's easy to criticise him when he does so little.

Proof if ever it were needed to not rely too heavily on stats. Off the top of my head Arteta won the ball off DI Maria 2 or 3 times,Rvp,Fellaini and Rooney

tyroneman

Quote from: beer baron on November 23, 2014, 04:45:54 PM

Proof if ever it were needed to not rely too heavily on stats. Off the top of my head Arteta won the ball off DI Maria 2 or 3 times,Rvp,Fellaini and Rooney

We must have been watching different games.

But let me put it another way......Arsenal maintain they have EPL and CL winning ambitions...could you honestly see any of their rivals giving Arteta a sniff of the first 11 let alone making him captain? His continued use tells everything about Arsenal.

Would he get a game with Chelsea...no, City.....no, Barca...no, Real....no, Athletic M.....no, Bayern.....no..,.PSG.....no....while he was a capable mid table player with Everton in his prime he would not get near a side who have the capability of winning a major trophy now. He wouldn't get in the current Southampton side ffs.

That's not to excuse Ramsey and Wilshire et al either but in my mind a lot of the blame lies with Wenger. It's clear the type of players (and tactics) needed to win big games but Wenger continues to ignore this.

mrdeeds

I'm not saying he's a world beater. Far too easy to make him scapegoat. Welbeck has 2 league goals. Other players not scoring. To blame one player is wrong. Defence a joke. No hunger or tactics but that's all one players fault.

Main Street

Quote from: tyroneman on November 23, 2014, 05:40:12 PM
Quote from: beer baron on November 23, 2014, 04:45:54 PM

We must have been watching different games.

But let me put it another way......Arsenal maintain they have EPL and CL winning ambitions...could you honestly see any of their rivals giving Arteta a sniff of the first 11 let alone making him captain? His continued use tells everything about Arsenal.

Would he get a game with Chelsea...no, City.....no, Barca...no, Real....no, Athletic M.....no, Bayern.....no..,.PSG.....no....while he was a capable mid table player with Everton in his prime he would not get near a side who have the capability of winning a major trophy now. He wouldn't get in the current Southampton side ffs.

That's not to excuse Ramsey and Wilshire et al either but in my mind a lot of the blame lies with Wenger. It's clear the type of players (and tactics) needed to win big games but Wenger continues to ignore this.
As bad a case of voyeurism since....
Tyrone backwoods women have lost whatever it is that they have?

ONeill

Positive vibes. Positive vibes.Positive vibes.

ONeill