Roscomain v Cill Dara

Started by Dinny Breen, June 24, 2007, 07:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 04, 2007, 05:33:06 PMWhats the quickest way to Hyde Park, coming from Athlone and where is the best place to park?

Straight road all the way Dinny, just follow the signs. Ground on the road into the town, just ditch her once u see parked cars along de road...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Dinny Breen

Cheers, probably reckon I'll be doing a stage exit right....
#newbridgeornowhere

revsperminute

Dinny:
Just a note for you when your heading to Hyde Park. If the traffic seems to be heavy with Kildare traffic on the road between Athlone and Roscommon town then try take the following route. Just after Knockcroghery village take the first right turn, follow that road straight untill you come to a main road (Roscommon Longford Road), turn left here and this road will bring you straight into Roscommon town wouldnt expect much traffic at all on this road with plenty of parking on the town side of Hyde Park within a few minutes walk. There is the possibility that if a big crowd comes from Kildare they will park out the Athlone road and could leave you with a long walk to the ground.

Fishead_Sam

6-1 on a draw worth a punt me-thinks

Dinny Breen

Cheers RPM, I'll probably take your advice as I'd expect even though we are quite disillusioned we'll still bring between 2k - 4k depending on the weather...

Bad feeling is only getting worse......
#newbridgeornowhere

neilthemac

don't go that way to Roscommon - getting through Moate alone will take forever

take the new moterway and dual carriage way all the way to Mullingar then through Ballymahon and into Lanesboro

Dinny Breen

Quotedon't go that way to Roscommon - getting through Moate alone will take forever

Eh! I'm staying in Athlone, for the love of god how is heading back towards Mullingar quicker?
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 05, 2007, 03:23:42 PM

It couldnt be as bad as the current feeling in Ros these days .......

I wonder could the ref stop the contest if both sides are as awful as it looks like they will be ?
I think it might suit both Counties to be  disqualified. ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Rossfan on July 05, 2007, 07:07:13 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 05, 2007, 03:23:42 PM

It couldnt be as bad as the current feeling in Ros these days .......

I wonder could the ref stop the contest if both sides are as awful as it looks like they will be ?
I think it might suit both Counties to be  disqualified. ::)

So is this the pairing to draw if ones team is to progress to the next round!

cill_dara

That would be the general opinion around the place id say shamrock, although id probably give  Roscommon an ever so slightly better chance of going further if they prevailed. One things for sure whoever will be beaten will be searching for a new manager next term , maybe both anyway unless huge strides are made in the qualifiers, which is highly unlikely for these two teams.

I wonder how the pitch will hold up for the connacht final the next day? weathers looking abit more encouraging anyway!

Dinny Breen

QuoteSo is this the pairing to draw if ones team is to progress to the next round!

Probably but if Kildare win, a massiive if at that and if we got a home draw I'd actually fancy our chances against anyone in a packed Newbridge, at least that would feel like a championship game. For the record the players are quite confident about Saturday, it's just that nobody else is.....
#newbridgeornowhere

jaykay

Ignore those directions Dinny, brutal road with the likelyhood is that you'll get stuct behind a tractor for 2-3 miles.  Aswell as that you'll end up in Roscommon on a Saturday afternoon which has no parking at the best of times never mind when theres a match on.  Keep goin into Ros on the Athlone rd., you'll get to park within a couple hundred metres of the Hyde.  Drive past Hannons Hotel, if youl cant find a parking spot (which is unlikely)turn around and park her up there.

Rossfan

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 06, 2007, 08:19:38 AM
[. For the record the players are quite confident about Saturday, it's just that nobody else is.....

I wish we could even say that  :'(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tatler Jack

Assuming its not possible for both teams to lose then I think the winners will be the team that marginally cares more about winning it. Probably Kildare

zoyler

Game moved to Kiltoom at 7 this evening.  Heard as I was about to leave the house.  Must be to protect the pitch for the Galway Sligo game tomorrow