Mayo v Cavan

Started by Redgreenery, June 24, 2007, 06:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OirthearMhaigheo

Well lads and lassies, it's only a week or so away now. With the current injuries and comebacks situation, anyone willing to have a stab at a starting 15? We've heard talk of challenge games and different selections, but will he really chance young Kilcullen at CHB the next day? anythings possible but it would be a bold move. Looks like McD is out but McGarrity will hopefully get a few minutes near the end, would be great to see him back after the last few months he has had. With the reports from the recent challenge matches I find it nearly impossible to pick the 15 for next day, feel like I would be second guessing the mgt team, expecting a couple of surprises to be thrown in though.

BallyhaiseMan

The more i think about it,
ve come to the conclusion.
we are going to bate the sh**te out of Mayo and steal their women aswell over in Castlebar.

ludermor

Denn
How is the pub in crosskeys doing that was bought by the achill woman
Had a full day session in hairy neds on the last bank holiday sunday. some spot

cavanmaniac

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on June 29, 2007, 04:08:26 PM
we are going to bate the sh**te out of Mayo and steal their women aswell over in Castlebar.

If forced to choose one over the other, I'd take the women. We'd get further with the Mayo women than we would in the qualifiers like.

BallyhaiseMan

[/quote]

We'd get further with the Mayo women than we would in the qualifiers like.
[/quote]

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: cavanmaniac on June 29, 2007, 04:47:18 PM

If forced to choose one over the other, I'd take the women. We'd get further with the Mayo women than we would in the qualifiers like.

Sure we putting our womens team out to play ye, so they might not be up for it after the match.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on June 29, 2007, 04:53:17 PM
Quote from: cavanmaniac on June 29, 2007, 04:47:18 PM

I though mcdonald was injured!
Sure we putting our womens team out to play ye, so they might not be up for it after the match.

smelly fairy

You trying to say something about Mayo women Ballyhaise man?   :o

westmayo

I hear the Dubs are down in the Breaffy Sports Hotel this weekend anyone hear anything on maybe a Mayo v Dublin challenge game.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: smelly fairy on June 30, 2007, 10:23:15 AM
You trying to say something about Mayo women Ballyhaise man?   :o

Yeh they are lovely,Coppers and Barcode wouldnt be the same without them.

mannix

Doubt Mayo will play any more challengs games, especially against the bigger names.Mayo women are nice but cavan have their own share of fine yokes too.Very adventurous, to say the least!

Farrandeelin

Oirthear Mhaigh Eo, not going to attempt a starting XV. I'll leave that to Johnno and the management cos I'm bound to get it wrong! Anyway, I don't see any reason why we should be afraid of Cavan, ok they beat us in a challenge but I never really read too much into those games anyway. Will McGarrity start I wonder? I doubt it but anything is possible I suppose.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Denn Forever

Any word on the team yet?  I think we could do it if things have settled down in the camp.  What are the odds like for a Cavan win?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Barney

Mayo had six very influential players last year - Higgins, McGarrity, Harte, McDonald, Dillon and Mortimer.

As well as our existing problems we are now without four of these and Dillon is in poor form. In the world of Mayo football nothing is straightforward and if we are not focused we will lose

OirthearMhaigheo

I'd have to agree Barney. If the players are anywhere near as complacent as alot of the fans are we could be in big trouble on Saturday. I know Cavan are no-world beaters and have their problems, but at the moment the exact same could be said for us, so the lads need to get the heads right and show the Galway game was just a blip (yes another one  ;D). If they show the right attitude we should have enough about us to see us into the next round.