Armagh v Derry Official Thread

Started by holylandsniper, June 24, 2007, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

IMO JK has made the correct decision in sticking with Hearty. It is easy to highlight mistakes the keeper make & although ultimately costly if the men up front had taken their chances throughout the game it would have made no difference. Some of the misses were shocking to say the least.

Armagh are a great team defensively but it seems as though our lack of scoring forwards is going to prove costly. By going with the same starting fifteen I think it puts serious pressure on the front 2 to score enough to carry us over the line

mackers

You can see where Kernan's thinking is by putting out the same starting 15 but if Mal Mackin is first substitute ahead of Vernon or Toal there may well be a rush for the exit gates!!!
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

derrymad

What about the youngest of the O'Rourke brothers from Dromintee.  Seen him score a cracker when he captain your U-21 in Cross against our boys last year and he put on an exhibition in the Sigerson, outshining Vernon.  He never get a crack?

corn02

He is relatively new to the panel Derrymad but next year I expect him to push for a place, he has the talent.

naka

mackers I expect Mallon and Clarke to get a run out on sunday before mackin

Bogball XV

Quote from: Uladh on July 05, 2007, 01:40:57 PM

Unfortunately Hearty has always been suspect in the air and there is a fair amount of people in the county who'd consider McKinney more reliable under the high ball.

ogs men?
Hearty has indeed made many's a f**k up over the past few years and I wouldn't have him there anymore, you're right that many have been inconsequential, but he's nearly guaranteed one a game this last while. 
Luckily, if Derry play like they did against Monaghan, the ball won't be in the box too often, sure we'd rather hand pass it up the pitch, well, not always up the pitch, but certainly hand pass it - gotta keep possession don't you know.

SuperHans

I was very downhearted after the monaghan game, getting slightly optimistic now tho. maybe we will win, I hope we do. If so, soemone text johnny Borrell so he can announce the score to us rainsoaked revellers at Oxy.cheers

Uladh

Quote from: naka on July 05, 2007, 02:27:35 PM
mackers I expect Mallon and Clarke to get a run out on sunday before mackin

No chance

Loup Bandit

For anyone interested in a punt; Paddy Power on the handicap go;

Armagh (-2) 5/6    Derry (+2) 6/5
Armagh (-4)  8/5   Derry (+4) 8/13

any thoughts? personally iw udnt mind gettin derry +3 at about even money....

qub la la la

heads or tails whos gonna win, neither will progress anyway

lynchbhoy

Quote from: qub la la la on July 05, 2007, 04:39:29 PM
heads or tails whos gonna win, neither will progress anyway

with all thepotential Derry have - I'd agree with that comment about them not progressing too far even if they miraculously hit form and beat Armagh (or more likely Armagh implode and Derry just happen to win with Paddy Bradley scoring everything in a 1 point victory)
However based on what we have seen so far from our lads, I think we would be looking for a turnaround of gigantic proportions. Very unlikely.
If Armagh win, given their stoic defence and tactical nous, plus with men coming back to fitness after inj - there is more in the tank to go close to SAM again should they win on sunday.

bennydorano

Quote from: derrymad on July 05, 2007, 02:13:41 PM
What about the youngest of the O'Rourke brothers from Dromintee.  Seen him score a cracker when he captain your U-21 in Cross against our boys last year and he put on an exhibition in the Sigerson, outshining Vernon.  He never get a crack?

A panel member was telling me that Miceal O'Rourke has been consistently excellent in trainings etc.. Same fella wasn't too optimistic of any new faces getting a run anytime soon.

I hope to f**k it's Joe's last year.

Bogball XV

Quote from: bennydorano on July 05, 2007, 06:06:11 PMI hope to f**k it's Joe's last year.
You might be regretting that for a few years to come.  Joe did a great job with Armagh imo, maybe he's holding on to players too long, but there's nothing wrong with loyalty either - up to a point.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 05, 2007, 07:11:36 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 05, 2007, 06:06:11 PMI hope to f**k it's Joe's last year.
You might be regretting that for a few years to come.  Joe did a great job with Armagh imo, maybe he's holding on to players too long, but there's nothing wrong with loyalty either - up to a point.
He's a bollocks!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Armamike

I wouldn't just be as succinct as Pints on Joe, but some of his decisions since 2003 have been strange.  In his first year in charge of the team he was quick to make changes. Not so in recent times - bringing on players in the 68th minute doesn't add much other than running down the clock.  As for being too loyal to the older players - just ask Kieran McGeeney about that.
That's just, like your opinion man.