Armagh v Derry Official Thread

Started by holylandsniper, June 24, 2007, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

QuoteThey are doing house searches of the Armagh fans and are matching them to photos of the Donegal match from the Cross Examiner.
:D ;D :D

charlie stubbs

you throwing your name into the ring nail..

MacCruiskeen

Since the draw I have been worried about this match. Mind you as the draw happened I gasped and oohed and aahed at all the other possible match ups.
We all know that Armagh's failure over the last 4-5 years is scoring outside the full-forward line. The "Kernan" system, and if we are honest the players available, don't lend themselves to putting teams away in the way that Tyrone or Kerry might. What I can't quite work out for myself is, were we to play a different system, would we have won more AIs? I think not.

That means hanging on to the defensive excellence but somehow incorporating a new line of attack. I wonder if Stevie has quite the pace for corner forward any more but am not sure if he could be FF

McKinney
Mallon, Donaghy, McNulty
Vernon, McGeeney, McKeever
Mc Grane, Toner
M O'Rourke, A Kernan

Marsden , P Toal
McDonnell, McConville,

Stupid team?

ExiledGael

No changes for Armagh lads despite your calls, same team named

oakleaf stateside

i think derry well b lacken in kicking points and will fad away the last 10/12 min need 2 change there 2 w/backs
Dont Do It

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: MacCruiskeen on July 03, 2007, 10:30:11 PM
McKinney
Mallon, Donaghy, McNulty
Vernon, McGeeney, McKeever
Mc Grane, Toner
M O'Rourke, A Kernan

Marsden , P Toal
McDonnell, McConville,

Stupid team?

I'm glad the same team is named, they played very well against Donegal, better than I had hoped for, especially after the league performances.

This game will be a lot tighter than expected, Armagh never beat teams out of sight as said. I think the Clones factor may just help Armagh to a 2 point win!

Uladh

same team announced and thats what was expected. armagh have more than enough quality to put away what is a mentally fragile derry team. a good start should be sufficient to win the game.

The pessimest in me forsees a problem arising if derry revert to their early form last year, dig in early on and get themselves a lead for half time. as has been said, armagh will struggle for scores. sk and oisin are passengers and paddy mc will very likely be also. with o'rourke playing in defence, thats a huge scoring burden on mcdonnell and marsden possibly against mccloy and lockhart. if derry drop players around those two lads, armagh will struggle massively to break them down. at the back, depending what team derry pick, they could give armagh a headache to match up directly. the problems will be someone to mark muldoon (mcnulty probably), donaghy will have to mark whoever is left over in the full forward line, and finding someone for ak to pick up. joe usually identifies the wealest half forward and starts aaron there, so he'll probably put him of gilligan. this should work wel as gilligan will bring ak forward and he won't have the running power to cause aaron damage. donaghy could be a problem if derry keep lynch inside as he'll have to pick him up and that would be a disaster.

Thatsthe doomsday scenario of course!

Our Nail Loney

Charlie I'm just saying I was some keeper under age like!

Plus if that violent Paddy Bradley got up to anything I'd soon sort him out, game over.

topgun

joe kernans a joke picking the same team again, does anyone honestly think that if mckinney had made the same mistake that hearty did that he would start the next day out, and get me started on sk at chf
a prophet is not recognised by his own

fer fox ache

Ye've nothin te complain about on the mangement front, Christ I wish we could swap. Travesty though it would be, I wouldn't be at all surprised if our lot named the same team again.

Bogball XV

Quote from: fer fox ache on July 04, 2007, 08:16:22 PM
Ye've nothin te complain about on the mangement front, Christ I wish we could swap. Travesty though it would be, I wouldn't be at all surprised if our lot named the same team again.
;D ;D

J70

Quote from: Sandy Hill on July 03, 2007, 12:27:53 PM
QuotePaddy Russell (that gave the cheap free to Tyrone in 2005 and sent off Ger Reid against Meath in 1999) and John Bannon (depending on his mood, remember Fermanagh 2004) are the worst referee's from an Armagh perspective.

How could you forget Mr B White from Wexford - f><ker!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a referee out there who hasn't unfairly penalized Armagh? ::)

Our Nail Loney

You're right re the keeper maverick, sorry I mean TopGun!

What about Charlie Vernon hald forward?

lynchbhoy

if yez cant beat us
then armagh footbal is really fcuked

BroJolly

FFS, Youse are being a bit harsh on Hearty. Did McKinney not also get caught in no mans land in the league game against Galway earlier in the year. Not surprised that Joe didn't change the team. Thats his form and thats fair enough. I just hope that if he needs to, he makes changes earlier than against Donegal. Would be worried about who will mark Enda Muldonn as I think our Enda will pick up Pady Bradley again.

Other than that Marsden has been getting back to himself and that augurs well. Just to be really controversal I though Stephen Kernan didn't look out of place the last day.

Any word on Clarke or Mallon?