Armagh v Derry Official Thread

Started by holylandsniper, June 24, 2007, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatDaly

Eugene Murtagh from Longford will be the match referee for Sundays qualifier game against Derry. He refereed the replay of the recent All-Ireland club final between Crossmaglen and Dr Crokes. He should definitely help Armagh's cause. Paddy Russell (that gave the cheap free to Tyrone in 2005 and sent off Ger Reid against Meath in 1999) and John Bannon (depending on his mood, remember Fermanagh 2004) are the worst referee's from an Armagh perspective.

Sandy Hill

QuotePaddy Russell (that gave the cheap free to Tyrone in 2005 and sent off Ger Reid against Meath in 1999) and John Bannon (depending on his mood, remember Fermanagh 2004) are the worst referee's from an Armagh perspective.

How could you forget Mr B White from Wexford - f><ker!!!!!!!!!!!
"Stercus accidit"

maddog

Quote from: PatDaly on July 03, 2007, 04:29:49 AM
Eugene Murtagh from Longford will be the match referee for Sundays qualifier game against Derry. He refereed the replay of the recent All-Ireland club final between Crossmaglen and Dr Crokes. He should definitely help Armagh's cause. Paddy Russell (that gave the cheap free to Tyrone in 2005 and sent off Ger Reid against Meath in 1999) and John Bannon (depending on his mood, remember Fermanagh 2004) are the worst referee's from an Armagh perspective.

In all fairness could you really complain about Ger Reids sending off against Meath. It was waiting to happen.

Uladh

Any word from the sperrin men on how they're shaping up after last week's championship ties?

hearing a lot of complaints about management emanaing from inside the derry camp and that shouldn't harm armagh's chances.

Did the derry county players allcome through the club championship games? did doherty play for bellaghy? whats the story with kevin mcguckin?

Any likely changes? i'd assume hinphy will start and wilkinson will surely get the bullet? lynch will be a lucky boy to keep his place too.

suckingdiesel

Does anyone know if there is radio station that broadcasts online covering the match live?  Can't seem to get 5FM to work and not sure about any Derry stations  ???  ???

oakleafgael

Uladh,

All county men who featured against Monaghan played in the club championshop over the weekend past. It appeared to be a case of them being patched up to play for their clubs as some of the more established players were very poor. There has been rumours flying regarding the management set up long before the Monaghan game, going back to last year in fact, but we have to make do with the current incumbant for another week and then he will be off.

Hinphey will start at whb, Murphy will come in as a replacement for Wilkinson and play as whf or 3rd midfileder. He is vastly under rated and a player who can win hard ball and has great feet, even if he lacks a little pace and appears to be battling his weight at times. Kevin McGuckin has no hope of starting as he has only been running in straight lines till very recently, its funny but he would have been more useful for the Monaghan match than this weekends game as I think McCloy is well suited to SMcD.

I cant see a Derry win no matter what scenario I look at. Muldoon will be roughed up, he has never coped with a very physical marker and unless Paddy Bradley beats Armagh on his own I cant see us gettin much more than 10 points. I think this will be a very poor game to watch with a lot of niggle. Derry will probably be fired up to redeem some pride and if Hinphey is marking O'Rourke it could spark it off as neither seems able to concentrate on football for a full 70 mins. I cant see many more than a maximun of 1000 Derry "supporters" making the trip.

man in black

Quote from: oakleafgael on July 03, 2007, 03:16:21 PM
I cant see many more than a maximun of 1000 Derry "supporters" making the trip.

Why the big upswell in numbers?
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

oakleafgael

Because they all got double dole in the Maiden city because of the "July" holidays.

Uladh

Muldoon looks like the obvious problem for armagh. i'd say armag will match mcnulty with him and hope mallon can produce a better performance on bradley thanhe did the last time they met.

Loup Bandit

Derry simply have to make changes both positional and personnel if they are to have any chance but i wont hold my breath. The management will never make a change unless a man breaks his ankle or does a cruciate or bar that they will bring on a couple of subds for the last 5 when the game has already slipped away from them.
Id get Gerard O'Kane out of corner back and put Lockhart back there to pick up Stevie McDonnell. Hinphy will get the nod at wing back too.

Paul Murphy has to be included. Wilkinson has had a lot of chances but it may be time for him to make way.
I would have Coilin Devlin startin in corner forward.

However a fair few of the derry lads will be drunk out from what i hear after the club games at the weekend there!!  :D
Any thoughts?

tbrick18

Well I thought Crozier was a waste of time.
Now I know he is.

Springfield

id go with

Gillis
Lockhart
Mc Cloy
Mc Goldrick
O Kane
??
Hinphy
Diver
Doc
Murphy
Gilligan
Muldoon
Devlin
Bradley
???

Our Nail Loney

Think Hearty should be replaced between the sticks after the donegal fiasco. Any possible replacements?

Over the Bar

So how will Joe & the co. board make sure that those who returned tix for the game in Ballybofey don't get to go this time?  ???

corn02

They are doing house searches of the Armagh fans and are matching them to photos of the Donegal match from the Cross Examiner.