Armagh v Derry Official Thread

Started by holylandsniper, June 24, 2007, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Datsun Donaghy

This game needs to be in Clones!

fer fox ache

Syd

That Derry team is one of the most over rated about, was it a huge surprise that Monaghan beat them. They had a bit of bother for a while against Antrim (the worst team in Ulster).

armaghniac

QuoteWhy not Healy Park?

Because neither Armagh nor Derry people want to spend time and money in Tyrone.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

stew

Fer fox ache, is there any truth in the rumour that you are blackwater fox from this board a couple of years ago, if so will you please send me the f**king money you owe me for buying you all that PGA clobber, I will tack on 5% interest so that would bring the total to one hundred and thirty seven quid. Thanks.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: ONeill on June 24, 2007, 07:26:33 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on June 24, 2007, 07:20:00 PM

Expect a hard one, its the only way Derry will live with Armagh,
  The Ref will decide it.

Armagh could find it tough. Some savage things were said today about Derry on TV, radio and I'm sure in the crowd. Crozier has little motivation to find.

On the other hand, they might just be crap.....

Agree totally. There will (or at least should) be a lot of hurt amongst the Derry contingent, and the opportunity to redeem themselves will be there big time! It's a match I feel uncomfortable about!  

fer fox ache

From nowhere near the blackwater, the closest river would be the Roe so you're huntin the wrong fox

stew

Pride will be at stake but if Armagh or Derry are to do anything this year they need to make a statement, Armagh will take time to settle down as they have not played in two months and will be rested but rusty and derry will be smarting and chomping at the bit to redeem themselves, this will be a fascinating encounter but I think we will prevail.

If not i hope Joe resigns and becomes the main man for Antrim football, surely he can get something out of the single most disappointing county in Irish sports.

stew

Quote from: fer fox ache on June 24, 2007, 11:39:31 PM
From nowhere near the blackwater, the closest river would be the Roe so you're huntin the wrong fox

Fair enough fox, no disrespect intended, I was just asking like, I  got screwed by one of your countymen and like a tube I sent him a bunch of PGA gear on good faith alone and got shafted, the worst part was shaney thought that was ok because he was from tyrone but to me the man should have cut me a check. I learned my lesson but now realize that you are not the man in question.Thanks.

Orior

Quote from: David McKeown on June 24, 2007, 10:52:15 PM
Can someone fill me in this.  When I read the rule changes for the new qualifiers I thought it said that the venue for matches would still be decided on whether either team was a designated team.  Thats is if a designated team was drawn against a non designated team then they had home advantage otherwise first team out had home advantage.  RTE seem to suggest that first out had home advantage regardless.  Does that mean the match could be in Crossmaglen?

While Crossmaglen would hold the Armagh fans and the two bus load of Derry supporters, I reckon we'd play better in Clones.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

QuoteThats is if a designated team was drawn against a non designated team

There are no longer designated teams, most of those are in the Tommy Murphy cup. If Joe has a say, I imagine Clones will be the choice, after all Derry have done better against us in Cross than Clones in recent years!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

stew

Quote from: armaghniac on June 25, 2007, 12:11:52 AM
QuoteThats is if a designated team was drawn against a non designated team

There are no longer designated teams, most of those are in the Tommy Murphy cup. If Joe has a say, I imagine Clones will be the choice, after all Derry have done better against us in Cross than Clones in recent years!

Aye but that was in the league, not the championship.

Goats Do Shave

Derry won't have a big following, esp. after yesteray's performance! - Cross may be adequate! - Can anyone confirm the capacity?

On the other hand, what's the chances of a double header in Clones with the Fermanagh game? - I'd like that!

Lecale2

David you're right. The first team out of the hat gets home advantage - provided you have a championship standard ground. The game can't be in Crossmaglen because it's not up to championship standard. I'd say the fixture will be reversed and it will be played at Celtic Park. On the other hand Armagh could use Newry as their home venue.

Hank Everlast

Have to agree with rufus on this one, theres something making me uncomfortable about the draw.  Definetly think that this is a potential bananna skin match!