Armagh v Derry Official Thread

Started by holylandsniper, June 24, 2007, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holylandsniper

gerry

Armagh to win, Derry very poor today
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Uladh

Today's game will have very little bearing on this match. in terms of styles, i'm not sure armagh could've gotten a tougher draw.

balladmaker

No matter who Armagh may have been drawn against (with the exception of Leitrim), you would never get an Armagh supporter who would guarantee a win against anyone.  That's the thing about Armagh, you just never know!

That said, if Bradley and Muldoon are curtailed, then Armagh will be hard to stop.

TacadoirArdMhacha

I agree Uladh, Derry are unlikely to play that badly again this year. I'd much preferred to have gotten Donegal. Armagh were lucky enough to beat Derry in 05 and I'd say it'll be tight again. Still its the sort of game that will put Armagh's season back on track if they can win it.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: balladmaker on June 24, 2007, 06:40:41 PM
No matter who Armagh may have been drawn against (with the exception of Leitrim), you would never get an Armagh supporter who would guarantee a win against anyone.  That's the thing about Armagh, you just never know!

That said, if Bradley and Muldoon are curtailed, then Armagh will be hard to stop.

Why with expception of Leitrim ???
You'll Never Walk Alone.

oakleafgael

The last team I wanted to draw was Armagh. I havent had time to compose myself enough to post on the Monaghan Derry match thread. I have never seen a Derry team play with such a lack of direction or more worryingly passion, even in the deep dark 80's you where guaranteed a bit of pride in the jersey. Armagh will beat Derry convincingly, it wont be pretty on the eye, and it could set them on the road to a last hurrah. Any word on a venue? Nuetral ground or will it be Casement?

armaghniac

I think this is not the worst draw for Armagh. Armagh have beaten Derry, but have never had an easy win and Derry have beaten us recently in the league. Combined with Donegal's performance against Tyrone, nobody in Armagh should be complacent about this one. The championship starts now, and we should be up for it, if Armagh play well they will beat Derry.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tyrones own

Expect a hard one, its the only way Derry will live with Armagh,
  The Ref will decide it.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

ONeill

Quote from: Tyrones own on June 24, 2007, 07:20:00 PM

Expect a hard one, its the only way Derry will live with Armagh,
  The Ref will decide it.

Armagh could find it tough. Some savage things were said today about Derry on TV, radio and I'm sure in the crowd. Crozier has little motivation to find.

On the other hand, they might just be crap.....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armagh leg-end

this game will be clones! will it be on the saturday evening or sunday?
Ard Mhacha Abu

orangeman

Could be a short summer for Derry !

Mack the finger

Clones surely?

Would have preferred to have avoided another tough Ulster clash, but maybe it'll bring the younger Armagh fellas on another bit.
Derry will find it hard to get that listless performance out of their systems in only two weeks.

Be a tight one, but Armagh by a couple of points.  ;)

stew

I had an inkling this would happen, I was hoping for Down but thought we might end up with Derry. This will be a hard hitting affair and I think it will come down to two or three points, Armagh played well and lost about six weeks ago and Derry were brutal and lost so they will be charged up to redeem their reputation.

Prediction. Armagh by three points.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

David McKeown

Can someone fill me in this.  When I read the rule changes for the new qualifiers I thought it said that the venue for matches would still be decided on whether either team was a designated team.  Thats is if a designated team was drawn against a non designated team then they had home advantage otherwise first team out had home advantage.  RTE seem to suggest that first out had home advantage regardless.  Does that mean the match could be in Crossmaglen?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner