Tyrone v Monaghan USFC Final

Started by tyroneman, June 24, 2007, 05:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longball

dont be suprised if u c Enda McGinley wearing the number 3 jersery in the next game.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

nrico2006

Quotedont be suprised if u c Enda McGinley wearing the number 3 jersery in the next game. 

He was tried there last year, obviously to no success in Hartes eye's.  But he has certain qualities that would make him suitable to No. 3. 

I'd be happy to see the following side out with either/ or at 12.  SON would be no use at 12 at this stage considering the lack of games and training he's had this year, FF is the only place for him.

McConnell

McMenamin - Joe McMahon - Carlin

Harte - Gormley - Jordan

Hughes - Cavanagh

Dooher - Mulgrew - McGinley/Mellon

McCullagh - O'Neill - Mulligan
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tintin25

Your having a laugh if you think Mulgrew will ever get u's anywhere! Completely overrated.

orangeman

You weren't saying that whenwe played Donegal - I thought he wasn't the worst forward on display on Sunday.

ONeill

I thought Canavan's column in today's Mirror was interesting. On the plus side he says that it is promising for Tyrone that they can win an Ulster Final with up to 11 players under-performing. He maintains that the other side of the coin is that there are serious questions over Tyrone's fitness levels, with the tank emptying halfway through each half.

Interesting indeed. 
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyroneman

Canavan's article was very intersting indeed......also suggested that Joey should have been switched to FB..next Tyrone manager is a distinct possibility

A big Tyrone fan suggested to me Penrose was the next Canavan...............can't see it myself

new devil

Are you serious? he shouldnt even be on the squad! tommy and colm cavanagh are better players...and will go for ever ball!

clarshack

Quote from: hardstation on July 18, 2007, 02:46:15 PM
Quote from: tintin25 on July 18, 2007, 02:26:14 PM
Your having a laugh if you think Mulgrew will ever get u's anywhere! Completely overrated.
Jaysus, you're awful hard on him. I think he has improved a lot this year. I thought he was ok against Monaghan, he always seems to pop up in the half back line and win important breaks. His distribution is excellent. He never gives stupid passes and always finds a man.

he never gives stupid passes as he hardly ever touches the ball! however i do think he should be given one last chance to see what he can do in croke park.

tyroneman

Quotehe never gives stupid passes as he hardly ever touches the ball! however i do think he should be given one last chance to see what he can do in croke park

He's 21 FFS ::) playing in one of the most difficult positions on the filed.....in the Ulster Football Championship where space is at a premium. I for one would like to see him cut loose on a big pitch against some 'open' opposition.

Another stone or 2 on, a full championship or 2 under his belt and he will be destroying teams by the time he reaches 23.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Agreed tyroneman, his relative callowness is too often forgotten. A big park will suit him grand.

PS Any way to post Canavan's piece from the Irish Mirror?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Star Spangler

Quotehe never gives stupid passes as he hardly ever touches the ball!

I think you need to watch the Monaghan game again.  Mulgrew played about ten passes that either created a score or led to an attacking move that created a score.  Of the current squad he is one of only three or four players that's deadly accurate off both feet.  You could see that he was under instruction to play deep, pick up the ball where he could and play it long into Mugsy (you'll notice every time Mulgrew picked up a ball in defence Mugsy started to run).  Two or three of these passes on Sunday where from 30 or 40 yards and he hit them perfectly (including the one where Mugsy hit the crossbar).  The only thing I'd ask him to do different is to try and get on the end of a move two or three times a game as he's well able to take good scores - he sometimes played too deep (full back line on occasions).  He's a very intelligent player and has the potential to become a Tyrone great.  You can be sure he'll continue to play at no. 11 while Brian McGuigan's out.

Fuzzman

Us fans and even ex players are a fickle bunch

We hammer the NFL champions who hadn't been beaten all year by how many points and we all think we're back with a vengenance.
Talk of very solid defense with plenty of forwards options.

Monaghan rough us up a bit and we play in fits and starts but get cleaned out at midfield again so we all go looking for reasons.
Many postmatch point the finger at weak Full back line again even though Clorey pushes Gourley for the goal chance and he scores a point himself.
In hindsight, yeah maybe Gourely wasn't brilliant but with the volume of high balls being pumped in would Joey or even Block have not made some mistakes.

Now we're back looking at fitness levels. Didnt seem much problem with fitness v Donegal.

As PTG said, it shows our quality now that 11+ players under perform or at least are outplayed for long periods yet we still win
Sign of a good team to play badly and still win and we can't under estiamte the hunger of Monaghan
They probably we're PEAKING for this game whereas maybe we were NOT. Hopefully NOT.

What's the best performance you've saw from Penfold and whats his best position?

neutral

Penfold - best position no 31.
Best game - in training.
Mickey is wrong on this one .

orangeman

Penrose had a huge game against Dublin in the national league against Dublin ( the first floodlit encounter ) - remember him going down the wing and him putting Ciaran Whelan into the 5th row of seats in the Cusack stand ? Do you remember that ? No ?

neutral

Yip i do and you certainly pointed out a pivotal moment in Tyrone season.  ::) How much of that game did Whelan play again?