Tyrone v Monaghan USFC Final

Started by tyroneman, June 24, 2007, 05:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: gwan-ye-boy-ya on July 13, 2007, 06:15:05 PM
any word on jap yet ?

nothing as yet - well not on BBC's evening news and nothing that i can find online.

Kerry Mike

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Tyrones own

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 13, 2007, 06:09:35 PM
C'mon Monaghan make my weekend....

Is that what it'll take for you to be allowed in to the saddle over the weekend Mike :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

BallyhaiseMan

KM
have a pint in Cavan on yer way down to Clones.
We are the aristocrats of Ulster Football, with 39 Ulster Titles along with our 5 all Irelands and all that.
I believe a Kerryman can relate and all that.  :P  :D

Kerry Mike

Quotearistocrats of Ulster Football, with 39 Ulster Titles along with our 5 all Irelands and all that

5/39 is some record, nearly as good as our 34/72  :P

QuoteIs that what it'll take for you to be allowed in to the saddle over the weekend Mike

Dont be talking about your sister like that.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

ONeill

Had a wee run over the 2005 match v Monaghan there. Remarkable the amount of scores McGuigan had a hand in. How he didn't get an All-Star was a mystery. O'Neill was in serious form.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ExiledGael

What's the feeling here on heading back to Clines for the final?
Will be on the hill myself, should be a great atmosphere, hope there's a full house, though must admit I had very little bother getting my hands on a few tickets

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2007, 09:43:47 PM
Had a wee run over the 2005 match v Monaghan there. Remarkable the amount of scores McGuigan had a hand in. How he didn't get an All-Star was a mystery. O'Neill was in serious form.

Thats why I dont think we are genuine contenders this year. McGuigan was the creative heart of so much of Tyrone's best play in 2005 and O'Neill's scoretaking was exceptional. With our playmaker gone and our main scoretaker playing below 100% its a different team. The idiots who took out McGuigan in a reserve club game have a lot to answer for.

ONeill

The thing about that, LDA, is that when that happens, others push their game to a new level. McGuigan's absence might inspire someone else to excel - maybe Mulgrew/Dooher. I think it's no fluke that Dooher's performance in the semi occurred when 2 of our most talented attacking options were absent. Another thing in our favour is the 'what else is out there' scenario. I haven't seen much, apart from the Munster final, to scare me.

More now is expected of Mulligan, Cavanagh etc and perhaps they'll deliver.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: ONeill on July 13, 2007, 10:18:09 PM
The thing about that, LDA, is that when that happens, others push their game to a new level. McGuigan's absence might inspire someone else to excel - maybe Mulgrew/Dooher. I think it's no fluke that Dooher's performance in the semi occurred when 2 of our most talented attacking options were absent. Another thing in our favour is the 'what else is out there' scenario. I haven't seen much, apart from the Munster final, to scare me.

More now is expected of Mulligan, Cavanagh etc and perhaps they'll deliver.

Fair points ONeill and I certainly hope youre right.

Ive also found a pub in Halifax, Nova Scotia which is showing the game live, happy days ;D ;D

Elias

Its strange that they sporadicaly (sorry for the spelling) go on and off that website. I could'nt get any from the club midweek so frantically tried ticketmaster on Wednesfay morning only be told they were not currently on sale but they reappeared wednesday afternoon, where i got sorted.

Is this from the few that clubs end up sending back? Not that I'm complaining mind, It's been a while since I was on the hill at a capacity match in clones so am really looking forward to it!

johnpower

Did I hear right .Hub Hughes at Full Forward . Now where have I seen that before ?

Mid Mon

Finaly's fit a rareing to go.
we have er!!!

Monaghan by 4

Maguire01

Where did that news come from?

The following has also just come up on irishnews.com

QuoteO'Neill overcomes injury for Tyrone
14/07/2007
09:34:35

Stephen O'Neill is set to return from injury for Tyrone's Ulster Football Final meeting with Monaghan on Sunday.

The twice All-Ireland champions have stormed through the province after enduring a poor league campaign.

O'Neill has said that their miserable springtime was a definite motivational factor for their summer run:

Tyrone and Monaghan face off in an Ulster Final for the first time since 1988 on Sunday in Clones.

It's the first provincial decider for Monaghan since winning the title 19 years ago.

Red Hand manager Mickey Harte has said playing the game at Clones will be a big boost for the opposition. 

EC Unique

Tyrone by 8 or 9 points. Better in every area of the pitch. ;)