Tyrone v Monaghan USFC Final

Started by tyroneman, June 24, 2007, 05:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Maybe Gourley will play midfield, McMahon at the back, and Hub as a 3rd man midfielder?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Fuzzman

Certainly an interesting team and yet again Mickey shows us who's Boss of team selection.
Think he's trying to keep Monaghan guessing and wouldn't be surprised if they don't line out like that

Bit surprised Cavlo is named after last night injury scare.

I wonder if Harte just likes to stir it up for the sake of it Re team selecion or does he want to give Gourley a run out and think he's be best for marking Woods?

tyroneman

Then again there's no guarantee that this is the team that will line out on Sun.........................

Hub at FF though????  ::) ::) ::) Need to do better than his last outing

In fact can anyone remember a good game he HAS had at FF for the Seniors?

Fear ón Srath Bán

If Hub does remain at FF I'd imagine it would be in more of a Donaghyesque mode, i.e., catching and breaking for the onrunning attackers, which assumes that we'll be winning enough of the midfield to fire those balls in. If we're not, he'll quickly be moved to the middle I'd say.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Good oul Mickey - he plays horses for courses and keeps the opposition guessing. Total faith in Gourley against this opposition. If Woods roams he can be the last post if Freeman is skinning his marker. The good thing about this is the options if things are not going to plan and Harte isn't afraid to act early.

Hub at FF is a surprise though that I would never have predicted. I'd give him 20 mins max if things aren't working out. What is surprising though is that Hughes out-performed Cavanagh at MF last time out....why change that? Surely big Colm or the enigmatic Rouse would've been a more natural option. Even McGinley. Odd that one.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Star Spangler

QuoteDonaghyesque mode, i.e., catching and breaking for the onrunning attackers

Dunno about that.  His catching isn't much better than his shooting.  Hub's strength is carrying the ball through the centre - that's where he'll probably play leaving space for Mugsy to isolate Corey.  Mugsy is our ony player that can consistently win a one on one ball from a standing start.

orangeman

You'd have got rather long odss on predicting that 15 ! It will never line out that way surely ?

ONeill

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 11, 2007, 02:29:28 PM
As a matter of interest, does anyone know of the last time where a team made it to the Ulster Final for the first time and actually won it? (I mean the actual team, of the majority thereof, and not the county per se.)

Done a bit of research on this and the results were startling. The last team to reach the final and none of the players (starting 15 plus used subs) had played in a senior Ulster Final was _____? I'll be mildly surprised but will admire if anyone gets it.

The last team to appear in an Ulster Final and win it and none of their players (starting 15 plus used subs) had played in a senior Ulster Final was _________? Tough one but topical.

Tyrone Dreamer

Have plenty of faith in Harte and his selection. Wouldnt even be supirsed if there's one or 2 changes either personnel or position. He does like Hub at full forward - won an u21 all ireland with him playing there. Who's to say O'Neill wont be in for Gourley or Cavlan. Had Gourley been injured recently. I dont think Holmes is on the bench - anyone know if he's injured? Huge game for Cavlan to prove to Harte that he's capable of starting at this point.

orangeman

ExiledGael

ONeill

Quote from: orangeman on July 12, 2007, 10:34:32 PM
Fermanagh ?

No, slighly more recent than that, although that Fermanagh team were also virgins.

ONeill

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on July 12, 2007, 10:32:07 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 11, 2007, 02:29:28 PM
As a matter of interest, does anyone know of the last time where a team made it to the Ulster Final for the first time and actually won it? (I mean the actual team, of the majority thereof, and not the county per se.)

Done a bit of research on this and the results were startling. The last team to reach the final and none of the players (starting 15 plus used subs) had played in a senior Ulster Final was _____? I'll be mildly surprised but will admire if anyone gets it.

The last team to appear in an Ulster Final and win it and none of their players (starting 15 plus used subs) had played in a senior Ulster Final was _________? Tough one but topical.

Thanks for that, Down in '91?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...