Tyrone v Monaghan USFC Final

Started by tyroneman, June 24, 2007, 05:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Punxsutawney Fergal

Oh No, is this what awaits next weekend!! Could be switching to the Waltons on RTE 1 for some excitement!

tyroneman

ANn word on whether the final is deffo all ticket?

Fuzzman

Stevie O'Neill doesnt smoke or drink but think quite a lot of players now have done the same.
All about getting that edge

Thought Kerry looked beatable yesterday and that chance at the end for Kavanagh was an amazing miss

Any injuries over the weekend
Heard Stevie is recovering slowly and should be on da bench

longball

Quote from: tyroneman on July 02, 2007, 01:33:32 PM
ANn word on whether the final is deffo all ticket?

heard it is all ticket in our club we have to have names in for tickets by sunday
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Tyrone Dreamer

Its all ticket. Think it should be reasonably full. You'd imagine with the hype about Monaghan that they'd bring around 12-15000 for the game. After Tyrone's last performance and the fact that its a final ypu'd imagine we could bring 15000 or so as well. Will probably no better next wek when the clubs get there requests for tickets. If the clubs arent going to be able to sell enough to fill the ground it would make sense to put some on general sale. Would be nice to see O'Neill fully fit for the final and get a game under his belt.

rrhf

Punxsutawney Fergal
re Im sure you'll find something to do with yourself you tosser.

Fuzzman

In the Free Metro paper here in Dublin they say that Tommy will be available for selection as his wrist has healed quicker than expected.
It also said Niall Gormley is bak training but no contact ball work
Also Stevie O'Neill should be OK for at least the bench

Has anyone any news from county training sessions?
Watching Donaghy and Cussen on Sunday and just wondered how tall is Block and McMahon and would they be outfielded against these two
Amazes me how many Full backs just dont punch it away from Donaghy

thebandit

Freeman did get stiches in the wrist (14 I think) but a mate of mine was talking to him the other day and it would take a lot more than that to keep him out of an Ulster final was the response!

BTW I dont need to justify or apologise for supporting 2 counties. I'm very involved in GAA in Monaghan, but the family is Armagh.

Gormley is the best defender in the country IMO, and Dessie Mone must be the most improved defender

Maguire01

Yo!

Just bought my tickets for the final - up now on ticketmaster.ie

;D

Tyrone Dreamer

Saw that - they only seem to have o'duffy terrace and hill. Id imagine they dont have to many. Wonder what the allocation for the 2 counties was? Bound to be a bit of excitment around Monaghan in the run up to the game with it being so long since theyve been in the final. Id like to see Monaghan get to the quarters but preferably through the back door!

farniel

Plenty of excitement in the County alright with pretty much everyone of the opinion that we have nothing to lose and that we have a good chance if we get the rub of the green. I'd say Monaghan will bring at least the 15,000. We get a decent following anyway but when you add the fact that its our first final in 19 years we should have a good crowd shouting the lads on. Pity about the weather, don't think either team would appreciate a drenched Tiernach's park.

Maguire01

The weather? Sure it's nearly 2 weeks away - have you got super long-term forecast?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 03, 2007, 09:41:52 PM
The weather? Sure it's nearly 2 weeks away - have you got super long-term forecast?

Unfortunately, it looks like more of the same for the immediate-to-near term!  :-[
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

farniel

KIDDO

Derek FahyLongfordwill referee the Ulster senior football final , on July 15th , in clones.