Tyrone v Monaghan USFC Final

Started by tyroneman, June 24, 2007, 05:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

That's a good position for us to be in TD, almost spoiled for choice. Wouldn't disagree with your assessment, though I'd doubt if Stevie O will be starting, though a definite on the bench.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

gwan-ye-boy-ya

yea damian f to pick up dooher. tommy f will roast anyone who marks him if hes on song and there's no rain. i think tommy loves a dry pitch. hanratty a star against down, poor against derry, so unknown for the final. woods showed well in belfast and might nick a start in clones. still dont know whats up with jap, medical results back next week,we need him...big time

gwan-ye-boy-ya

does anyone know when the tickets are out??????

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: gwan-ye-boy-ya on June 29, 2007, 01:24:07 AM
tommy f will roast anyone who marks him if hes on song and there's no rain. i think tommy loves a dry pitch.

Two teams that are looking for a dry ball I'd say, and two teams that it suits. A slippery ball, whilst not disastrous, will mar the spectacle somewhat.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

thebandit

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 28, 2007, 04:13:45 PM
Lads in the Ulster final thread

Lets stick to the topic and not let some Armagh lad try to get hijack another thread as they feel unloved recently.

Who's Monaghan's top performers so far this year then?
Will Freeman pick up Dooher again or will he play as a sweeper?

Will Tommy F be double marked or have Block on his case. He's small and fast so expect Carlin to take him but could get a roasting.
What's the Monghan midfield like. I havent saw them once this year so far

Finally, someone agrees with me. Thanks RRHF. I'd love to see that FF line getting good supply
Remember Fermanagh match in NFL semi back in 2003 I think we had Stevie, Mugsy and Peter in FF line.

The Bandit loves Monaghan and Armagh equally.

I just don't like people referring to an amateur sportsman as a c**t. Philly Jordan's dive as much as Conor Gormley's block won Tyrone an All-Ireland in 03, but I dont see the need to insult him.

I'd expect McMenamin to pick up Tommy and Carlin to mark Hanratty.

Gormley is the best defender in Ireland at the minute, he could be more effective against Monaghan at CHB to cut out the supply from Gollogly. McMahon has the potential to be a fine full back.

Damien Freeman will shadow Dooher.

Monaghan's midfield performed ok in the semi, Dick Clerkin had his best game in a Monaghan jersey IMO. However he is just as likely to be brutal the next day. Lennon will always win has share of ball and the battle with him and Hughes will be a good one.

Sean Cavanagh could destroy Monaghan in open play if he is let, and I'd expect JP Mone to be given a spoiling role to curtail him.

Tyrone have serious options in the forwards and even if Mulgrew starts badly, the likes of Cavlan/Tommy McGuigan will be on hand to replace him

thebandit

orangeman

Mc Kenna cup final 2 years ago Brian Mc Guigan gave an exhibition that day - but as well as that Gavin Devlin played sweeper and totally blotted out Tom Freeeman and Rory Woods - I think it might have his last start for Tyrone - I'd go woth a sweeper again and crowd him out -

Uladh

bridgegael

any word on paul finlay, will he be fit for the final??
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

ziggysego

Quote from: bridgegael on June 30, 2007, 01:38:47 PM
any word on paul finlay, will he be fit for the final??

Apparently so, but you never can't tell until nearer the time.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

I heard a statement that he is still awaiting results and has still not been given the all clear to resume training - and with him having missed the last few weeks, it would be unlikely if he were to have much of a role in the final.

charlie linkbox

Orangeman you heard right.
He's awaiting results of further tests that were carried out during the week.
I'd disagree about the value of his role in the final though. Paul Finlay is still more important to Monaghan even when not fully fit than most of our subs are. We don't have near the depth of panel the likes of Tyrone have and can ill afford to take on Tyrone without Finlay.

ziggysego

Quote from: charlie linkbox on June 30, 2007, 10:41:47 PM
We don't have near the depth of panel the likes of Tyrone have and can ill afford to take on Tyrone without Finlay.

Tyrone's depth of panel has been exposed more than once in the past. Sure, it's a strong panel, but all it takes is for one or two key men to be missing before it's 2006 all over again...... or even the latter stages of the NFL.
Testing Accessibility

charlie linkbox

Point taken Ziggy but trust me; the like of Shane Mulligan, Mark Daly or Stephen Fitzpatrick wouldn't get near the Tyrone panel. We only have about 20 or 21 players you could have any degree of confidence in.

Incidentally, I don't care for Bandit's proclaimed equal love of Monaghan and Armagh. As far as I'm concerned you can only support one team, and I don't buy into crap like where parents or family or from. Nail your colours to the mast Bandit.