Tyrone v Monaghan USFC Final

Started by tyroneman, June 24, 2007, 05:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebandit

Quote from: charlie linkbox on June 26, 2007, 11:11:28 PM
We'll do well to bring more than aboout 12,000 supporters to the game. Monaghan's fan base is usually about 8 or 9 thousand so when you add a lock a thousand bandwagoners on top of that, I'd say 12,000 is the height of it.

From what I gather so far this week the andwagon is rolling Charlie! Monaghan could have 15000.

What do people think Banty will do for the final? This is my prediction:

Duffy
Dessie       Vinnie     Strimmer

JP          McQuaid      Morgan
          D Freeman

Spindley    Dick

Jinxy        Finlay        Woods

Hanratty    Tommy

Strimmer/Morgan could be tight to start but I reckon they'll both make it. Flanagan is unlucky to miss out. IMO Smyth hasn't done enough in the last two games to get a start, he's a talented lad though, and will feature at some stage. Coming off the bench may suit him better.

Deal_Me_In

Personally i think he will keep/start Cavanagh Jr at FF moving Mugsy out to CHF and Mulgrew to no.12 giving the starting team of:

1. Devine
2. McMenamin
3. Joey
4. Carlin
5. Harte
6. Gormley
7. Jordan
8. Cavanagh
9. Hughes
10. Dooher
11. Mugsy
12. Mulgrew
13. Mc Cullagh
14. Cavanagh Jr
15 O'Neill

loughshore lad

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on June 27, 2007, 11:34:14 AM
Personally i think he will keep/start Cavanagh Jr at FF moving Mugsy out to CHF

Not so sure about this. Cavanagh Jr was poor enough in my opinion at FF against Donegal. Did better when moved to wing half playing well when the game was over. There is no chance Mugsy will he CHF especially with the possible doubts over O'Neill. Mugsy is a top quality inside forward and there arent too many of them about. Harte likes to spring at least one surprise to keep the opposition guessing but he knows that he needs mugsy in the full forward line and I fully expect to see him there.

Fuzzman

I thought CC also struggled in at FF and is a bit young and not crafty enough to shake off a good FB at this level.

I'd have Calvo in FF line if Fit so he doesnt have to do loads of running or tracking back and is a great fielder so can hit big high balls into him all day.
That would mean 3 big talented men in FF line who can all shout with both feet, yeah even Mugsy does the odd time.

Dooher     Mulgrew      C. Cavanagh/Mellon/McGinley

O'Neill       Cavlan         Mugsy

Don't think Stevo though will last a whole game so reckon Mickey would rather bring him on rather than have to take him off.

When will Tommy's wrist be OK again?
I believe he's training with them again

Is Yung Gormley out til after Ulster final>

http://images.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40662000/jpg/_40662228_monaghan_tyrone_203.jpg&imgrefurl=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/4750073.stm&h=152&w=203&sz=14&hl=en&start=2&um=1&tbnid=nhR4NqYB_cG-4M:&tbnh=79&tbnw=105&prev=/images%3Fq%3DTyrone%2Bv%2BMonaghan%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3DRNWE,RNWE:2005-47,RNWE:en%26sa%3DN

Mr. Nakata

I can't see Cavlan making the starting line-up.  A scribe stated that Mugsy's hunger for football in the summer rather than the winter can be attributed to the sunshine and the smell of burgers wafting onto the pitch. Who am I to disagree? I was slagging him off against Fermanagh for being porky, but he looked trim and keen against Tir Connell. Mugsy has to stay in the corner. That's where he does the damage. 1-10 looks pretty well sewn up. Throw in Mugsy and SON and then it's great to see some competition for the remaining positions.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on June 27, 2007, 01:56:47 PM
A scribe stated that Mugsy's hunger for football in the summer rather than the winter can be attributed to the sunshine and the smell of burgers wafting onto the pitch. Who am I to disagree? ...

Oooh... bitchy!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 27, 2007, 04:35:40 PM
A scribe stated that Mugsy's hunger for football in the summer rather than the winter can be attributed to the sunshine and the smell of burgers wafting onto the pitch. Who am I to disagree? ...

Oooh... bitchy!  ;)

Mugsy said it himself
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ziggysego on June 27, 2007, 04:39:38 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 27, 2007, 04:35:40 PM

Oooh... bitchy!  ;)

Mugsy said it himself

And?  :)

orangeman

We all love burgers in the summer ! So what ?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: orangeman on June 27, 2007, 05:10:53 PM
We all love burgers in the summer ! So what ?

Speak for yourself, chubby  ;) , I can think of better things to stuff my face with than burgers, summer or no!

Fuzzman

Ah lads can we keep it to the football chat and not feckin kiddie stuff

I just think Calvo is a good target man and he's never played much in the FF line.
He is great at winning his own ball and his accuracy is not far away from PTG on his day.
Remember his point in 1996 semi v Meath animals out on the 21 on the righ sideline. Awesome angle with his right foot.

I just think he'd take some pressure off Mugsy and Stevie O and so it would be hard to mark three big lads as Armagh have with Marsden Clarke and McDonnell and even Hateful C**t Oisin.

At least in FF or corner Forward Cavlan wouldn't need to be doing loads of running and is gonna get you much more scores from that close to the goals. His days of playing in the Half forwards I think are numbered even if his passing is still class.
He can't chase back as much and if I was the other manager I would target my half backs to run him ragged.

Hope the weather picks up in July. We could do with a great day in the Sun as of days of old in Clones.

thebandit

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 01, 1973, 06:02:44 AM

I just think he'd take some pressure off Mugsy and Stevie O and so it would be hard to mark three big lads as Armagh have with Marsden Clarke and McDonnell and even Hateful C**t Oisin.

Peter might be the great but Óisín is the greatest. The stats back it up

rrhf

Frig sake bandit you are making an idiot out of yourself. 

Fuzzman

Thats true he is the top scorer as stats say.
What is the points to match ratio I wonder?

That's why so many neutrals over the age of 30 have him in the best ever team.
He's the first name you think off after James McCartin Senior

Ooops I do not want to make this thread into yet another Tyrone v Armagh talking SHiet match so yeah you're right
Wee Oisin is the best footballer in Ulster, EVER, as he is the top scorer ever. Take a bow Oisin.

tyroneman

QuotePeter might be the great but Óisín is the greatest. The stats back it up

Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics  ;)