Tyrone v Monaghan USFC Final

Started by tyroneman, June 24, 2007, 05:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Is that what they call daylight robbery ?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ziggysego on June 24, 2007, 08:32:13 PM
When you add to the mix that this is Monaghan's first final appearance in 20 years, you can bet they will be going for hell and leather. Their hunger is bound to be greater than Tyrone and they'll have nothing to lose.

Wouldn't necessarily agree with that Ziggy, all our lads will have to do is remember their last Ulster Final appearance, and if that doesn't spark their fire nothing will!  ;)

Edit: And Monaghan will have had no personal experience of appearing in an Ulster Final, which I think is a hugely significant factor. Just think back to ourselves in 1994 against Down, and that was a good team (Canavan et al.), the vast majority of whom had underage medals.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 24, 2007, 08:29:59 PM
Quote from: ONeill on June 24, 2007, 08:16:01 PM
I take it we'll be in all red for the final with Monaghan all blue - as it was in 2005 in Croker and 2006 in Casement.

Would prefer if they allowed a toss-up to keep the white-with-trim.

You could be right - the McKenna semi this year had us in white and Farney in all-blue.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Lone Shark's Ladbrokes' odds:

USFC Final:

Tyrone           1/4
Monaghan     11/4

gwan-ye-boy-ya

it is in clones on the 15th july.. will this be all ticket ? and who are the home team ? the home team should get to wear the colours of their choosing.....

stew

I am backing the farneyarmy all the way. C'mon the farney. ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: gwan-ye-boy-ya on June 24, 2007, 11:47:29 PM
it is in clones on the 15th july.. will this be all ticket ? and who are the home team ? the home team should get to wear the colours of their choosing.....

Its a final so it is (supposed to be) a neutral venue, so there is no home team. Is there a possibility that the game will be moved to Breffni Park even though the ulster council said the game would be fixed for clones before the semi finals were played?

Kerry Mike

As the better half is from Monaghan I am hoping to get to the Ulster final, assuming we can get tickets.
It will be my first experience of a live Ulster final, am looking forward to seeing what all the craic is about.
And no I wont be supporting Tyrone.

On recent displays your would expect the Tyrone duvet to smother Monaghan, and if they play like they did against Donegal , Monaghan will be in for a long afternoon.

Monaghan did just enough yesterday against a very poor Derry team for whom alot more was expected. Tommy Freeman will be a handfull for Tyrone but you would not expect Monaghan to get the same amount of freedom they got yesterday around the middle of the field.

Anyway will be an interesting day out in Clones, and hopefully my adopted county will be able to provided one huge performance..
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: stew on June 24, 2007, 11:48:36 PM
I am backing the farneyarmy all the way. C'mon the farney. ;D

Just like you were backing Donegal all the way, ha!  :D

Bensars

Quote from: Kerry Mike on June 25, 2007, 09:02:41 AM
On recent displays your would expect the Tyrone duvet to smother Monaghan, and if they play like they did against Donegal , Monaghan will be in for a long afternoon.

Very good KM, i like that term

clarshack

Definition of Fools - (1) those who are writing Monaghan off. Remember 2003 McKenna Cup Final and Ulster 1st Round that year as well when Monaghan shocked Armagh. Monaghan have a history of taking out favourites. They have very pacey forwards and they have always given Tyrone a game.

(2) those who send someone from a west belfast venue with several thousand pounds worth of cash thinking that everything will be grand and that nothing will happen. beggars belief.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Under no circumstances should anything be taken for granted where Monaghan's concerned, though let's not get carried away:

Quote from: clarshack on June 25, 2007, 10:55:53 AM
They have very pacey forwards and they have always given Tyrone a game.

2005 All-Ireland Qualifiers Round 4:

Monaghan: 1-07, Tyrone: 2-14

Derry were woeful yesterday, and this is a different Monaghan team from 2005 (though with largely the same players), and Tyrone will need to approach this game with exactly the same perspective as the Donegal game.

ONeill

In that game, Monaghan led 1-5 to 0-2 after 22 mins. Scared the life outta me.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on June 25, 2007, 11:22:55 AM
In that game, Monaghan led 1-5 to 0-2 after 22 mins. Scared the life outta me.

Indeed, took us a while to wake up.