Marty Clarke to make debut

Started by zoyler, June 22, 2007, 10:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Quit grasping at straws lads... the only mention of a time frame are with the words "some day"

Rav67

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 10, 2008, 10:38:31 PM
He never mentioned timeframes though.

Sure Tadhg Kennelly has also talked about coming home - I think he wants to do that at the latter stages of his career though when he would still be fit to play for Kerry.

Kennelly must be about 28/29 though.  I've heard him talk about coming back to play for Kerry but far too late for him now.

stiffler

Quote from: Rav67 on March 11, 2008, 12:27:00 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 10, 2008, 10:38:31 PM
He never mentioned timeframes though.

Sure Tadhg Kennelly has also talked about coming home - I think he wants to do that at the latter stages of his career though when he would still be fit to play for Kerry.

Kennelly must be about 28/29 though.  I've heard him talk about coming back to play for Kerry but far too late for him now.

Kennelly is 27 now and his contract is due to run out at the end of next season, when he will have just turned 29.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

tyssam5

Quote from: western exile on March 11, 2008, 10:12:39 AM
Martin Clarke player profile on his football club website

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/Home/Players/PlayerProfile/tabid/8170/Default.aspx?playerid=15524&typeid=2

Was he strong as a minor, I remember the lad Colgan as being well built for a minor? Looks like he'd be well able to handle himself in AFL now. The full time weights coaching must make some difference compared to what counties are doing. (which people think is a lot)

rosnarun

Major headline .
young irish man express desire to return to ireland one day  :o
I have an uncle working on the buildingd in london whos be saying that for 40 year even crys about it when hes drunk
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

orangeman

Tadhg Kennelly has sensationally revealed that he plans to return home to Ireland next year to try to win an All-Ireland medal with Kerry.

The 26-year-old from Listowel has established himself as one of the top players in Aussie Rules over the past seven seasons but his current deal with the Sydney Swans, with whom he won an AFL title in 2005, expires at the end of next year.

And Kennelly is not interested in extending his stay in Australia as he has his heart sent on lifting Sam Maguire.

"I'm definitely going home next year to try to win an All-Ireland medal," he told the Irish Mail on Sunday.

"I will always miss Aussie Rules and I won't cut my ties to Australia, but I want to win an All-Ireland with Kerry."

Taken off  the official GAA website just now !!!!!!

Jinxy

Sure Kennelly says that every couple of years. See that Clarke had a very poor game for Collingwood yesterday. Second season syndrome maybe?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

orangeman

Sure Kennelly says that every couple of years. See that Clarke had a very poor game for Collingwood yesterday. Second season syndrome maybe?

Kennelly was on the TV the other night and seemed very happy - he was on with young Begley - they share a house - this seems like a bolt from the blue - can it be put down to attempting to get an improved contract this time ?

Zulu

QuoteKennelly was on the TV the other night and seemed very happy - he was on with young Begley - they share a house

It was young Murphy from Carlow I think OM, I hope he does come back next year as I'd love to see how he goes against our lads. But I'd say he is just using it as leverage in his contract negotiations.

orangeman

Yes it was Murphy - he looked completely happy in front of the RTE cameras and there certainly was no talk of home.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: orangeman on March 23, 2008, 05:34:32 PM
Tadhg Kennelly has sensationally revealed that he plans to return home to Ireland next year to try to win an All-Ireland medal with Kerry.

Oh right, so this guy thinks that he can just walk back into the Kerry panel whenever he feels like it???  Confidence or arrogance??  He would be doing well to get on the current Kerry starting 15 if they are available.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

orangeman

I think he'd make it all the same but I know where you're coming from alright.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: orangeman on March 23, 2008, 07:29:06 PM
I think he'd make it all the same but I know where you're coming from alright.

Agree with you orangeman that he probably would make it, professional athlete and all that, i seen the article also and thought he could have been a littel more discrete about the thing.  He could have said something like, i would like to come back to ireland and work my way back into the kerry panel etc etc...
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

orangeman

Confidence or arrogance - confidence I'd say !

Main Street

Well, Tadhg says he wants to try and win an all ireland with Kerry. Id assume that part of the the trying is to get into the team.
I have read some years ago that it was his ambition to do so.
I think we should be honored that even after 8 or 9 successful years in the AFL he still doesn't feel complete and an AI medal would be the crown.