NFL Fantasy Football

Started by fntn, June 21, 2007, 08:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Can any of you remember a higher score over the last 3 years?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

the Deel Rover

lads have to admit we are in the midst of greatness
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

I certainly cannot remember a higher score in a given week. In fact, with 3 weeks of the regular season left he is on track to beat all sorts of records.

1) Winningest season - 2006 Hegan's Boyos 13-2. BwPP currently 11-1
2) Total Points scored - 2005 Big Apple Orchards with 1512 (11-4 record). BwPP currently 1348 (only 20 behind the 1368 scored by 2006 best score Gallowglasses (8-7!!!) record.)
3) Weekly average - 2005 Big Apple Orchards (100.82 after 15 weeks). BwPP currently 112.38 after 12 weeks.

I'll end on a note of caution though. The highest point scorer has never won the Superbowl.

heganboy

are you feckin kidding me Big Ben starts and score 1.85 and I lose by .4?
Feckin Steelers- cant trust them this season at all. Thats 2 wins needed to have a prayer with the consolation bowl- feck that, I thought I was a contender this year...
Bugger
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

the Deel Rover

i think my hopes for the play offs are gone up in smoke no help that mc nabb is injured could do with him this weekend  :(
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

AZOffaly

Well the results for week 12 are in, and the picture at the top of the standings is a little clearer, although still very, very tight. The league leading Bet with Paddy Power squad have clinched the first playoff berth with an 11-1 record following their huge tally and win over the mayo warriors.

Faithful Turfmen 108.10 - 108.22 Cleveland Steamers
A heartbreaking loss for the Turfmen has dropped them to second bottom of the league on a 3-9 record, despite posting a very respectable tally, as a -0.45 point return from DeShaun Foster (RB-CAR) cost them dearly. Carson Palmer (QB-CIN) had a good week with 23.66 points, hooking up with Chad johnson for 3 passing TDs, while Maurice Jones-Drew (RB-JAC), Marion Crosby (K-GB) and the Dallas Defence all contributed well in a vain attempt to gain win number 4 for the season. The Steamers will be delighted with this win as they have come out on the wrong side of several close decisions already, and Trent Dilfer (QB-SF), Terrell Owens (WR-DAL), the San Diego Defence and most of all Frank Gore (RB-SF, 116 rushing, 2 Rush TDs, 98 rec yards, 30.20 points) powered them on to victory and a 5-7 record, which still gives them a mathematical chance of reaching the shield playoffs.

Curragh Rams 95.08 - 73.24 L'Esprit de Biff
A huge game in the big picture was decided, largly, by a vintage Peyton Manning (QB-IND) performance. The Colts main man contributed 23.44 points of his teams tally, to go along with big nights for Sidney Rice (WR-MIN), Deion Branch (WR-SEA), Steve Breaston (WR-ARI) and the Patriots Defence. The Biffs will be reeling from this loss, as it could well be pivotal in deciding post-season participation or not. Jason Campbell (QB-WAS), David Garrard (QB-JAC) and Andre Hall (RB-DEN) had brave efforts, but it wasn't enough to make up the ground. The Biffs drop to 7-5 and 9th place on points scored, albeit only 1 game out of 3rd place. The Rams meanwhile have stopped the recent rot and are consolidated in 4th place on an 8-4 record. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out the impact if this game had gone the other way.

Ardboe Astros 51,85 - 94.82 Galway ImpactPlayers
The leagues lowest scoring team were no match for the ImpactPlayers in this battle of 4-7 teams, and the Astros, weakened by no starting QB, could only point to Atlanta wideout Roddy White and New England Defender Ellis Hobbs when looking for good performers. In contrast the ImpactPlayers had fairly even production all throughout, even without 1 QB and a Defence that contributed -2 points. Plexico Burress (WR-NYG), Kellen Winslow (WR-CLE) and Jason Hanson (K-DET) were the stars as the ImpactPlayers move on to 5-7 and 15th place, while the Astros 4-8 puts them in 18th position.

Mayo Mafiosi 80.27 - 123.27 Sydney's Sailors
The 4-7 Mafiosi were on the receiving end of a comprehensive beating from the surprising Sailors, as the erstwhile 3-8 team put up a very healthy 123+ points. Arizona QB Kurt Warner was the hero with 24.68 points, while Marques Colston (WR-NO), Isaac Bruce (WR-STL), Antonio Gates (TE-SD) and the 49ers Defence also weighed in heavily. The Mafiosi had good weekends from Kenny Watson (RB-CIB), Marion Barber (RB-DAL), Roscoe Parrish (WR-BUF) and the Colts Defence, but it was 40 points too little. The Mafiosi are now in 17th position on 4-8, while the Sailors, on the same record are in 16th place on points scored.

Hegans Helmets 89.25 - 89.45 Craigyhill Terrors
The Helmets may well have kissed goodbye to the playoffs with this gut-wrenching loss, as their 6-5 record became 6-6 thanks in part to Ben Roethlisbergers (QB-PIT) no-show in the mudbath against Miami. Tony Romo (QB-DAL), Willis McGahee (RB-BUF), Jeroius Norwood (RB-ATL) and Patrick Willis (DL-SF) had put them in a position to claim a come from behind victory, but it was not to be, as the Craigyhill Terrors, backboned by Philip Rivers (QB-SD), Matt Schaub (QB-HOU) and Ryan Longwell (K-MIN) held on for a vital win, which boosts their own hopes hugely. The Helmets fall to 6-6 and 10th place, while the Terrors are in 3rd position on 8-4.

Crossmaglen Hitmen 106.90 - 119.06 Red Hand Helmets
The Hitmen's hopes took a real tumble this weekend in a high scoring game against the Red Hand Helmets. Previously on 7-4, the performances of Wes Welker (WR-NE), Dallas Clark (TE-IND), Yamon Figurs (WR-BAL) and the Minnesota Defence, with 37 points, were not enough in this case to seal a win as Derek Anderson (QB-CLE), Chad Johnson (WR-CIN, 31.15 points), Rudi Johnson (RB-CIN), Chester Taylor (RB-MIN), Anthony Gonzalez (WR-IND) and Josh Scobee (K-JAC) drove the Helmets on to a good win. With the loss the Hitmen fall to 5th spot at the head of a grou of 7-5 teams on points scored, while the Helmets move on to 5-7.

Lurgan Langers 98.74 - 101.85 Ruthless Rossies
In yet another high quality game the Ruthless Rossies may well have put the Langers' hopes to the sword, while at the same time giving themselves a massive lift towards the playoffs. Inspired by Drew Brees (QB-NO) and helped by Earnest Graham (RB-TB) and Owen Daniels (TE-HOU), the Rossies managed to do enough to hold off the Langers, for whom Devin Hester had another spectacular night as the Bears kick returning WR amassed 35.15 points on 232 return yards with 2 return touchdowns. Justin Fargas (RB-OAK) and Kevin Jones (RB-DET) also had big nights, but the Langers fell just short. With the victory the Rossies march into a sole hold on second place at 9-3, while the Langers are marooned on 6-6 in 11th place.

Lummox Squad 57 116.61 - 85.27 ShaneOneills
The Lummoxes put the oneills to the sword with a nice tally of 116.61 points in week 12, thus condemning the oneills to the basement of the league, while keeping their own hopes alive. Calvin Johnson (WR-DET), Fred Taylor (RB-JAC), Kolby Smith (RB-KC), Donald Driver (WR-GB), Brandon Marshall (WR-DEN) and Nick Folk (K-DAL) combined for an impressive array of 10+ point scorers, while the oneills answered via Braylon Edwards (WR-CLE), Greg Jennings (WR-GB), Chris Cooley (TE-WAS) and Terrence Newman (DB-DAL). The win propels the Lummoxes on to 7th spot on 7-5, while the oneills fall to 2-10 and last place.

O'Neill's Chargers 109.47 - 75.79 Ballyhaise Broncos
The Chargers bounced back this week in style, as the season continues to go south for the Broncos, as they lose their 3rd on the bounce. Brett Favre (QB-GB) was the hero for the Chargers, not for the first time, and he was ably backed up by Reggie Wayne (WR-IND), Steven Jackson (RB-STL), Jason Witten (TE-DAL) and the Saints 'D'. The Broncos had good nights from Jay Cutler (QB-DEN) and Kevin Walter (WR-HOU) but it was never going to be enough. The Chargers are back up to 7-5 and 6th spot, while the Broncos tumble to 5-7 (from 5-4) and into 13th spot.

mayo warriors 68.15 - 169.18 Bet with Paddy Power
The new name League Champs 07/08 may be a little premature, but such confidence has to be excused on the back of results and performances like this. In 3 years of the GAABoard Superbowl, one cannot recall such a large total in a single week, and by virtue of it, and the now 11-1 mark, the clear leaders of the regular season find themselves guaranteed a position in the Superbowl playoffs, and 1 more win will surely clinch top seeding as well. The warriors were simply unable to compete with Donovan McNabb (QB-PHI) out, but truth be told, they would have needed about 5 Donovan McNabbs playing well to close this gap. Tom Brady (QB-NE), Robbie Gould (K-CHI) and the Seattle Defence tried hard, but to no avail. Sometimes words are unable to describe events properly, so a look at the bare statistics may be better when it comes to the BwPP squad in week 12.
A.J. Feely (QB-PHI) 345 passing yards, 3 TDs, 23 points.
Reggie Brown (WR-PHI) 45 yards, 1 TD, 11.25 points.
Jamal Lewis (RB-CLE) 134 rush yards, 1 TD, 16.35 points
Brian Westbrook (RB-PHI) 52 rush yards, 1 TD, 14 points
Vernon Davis (TE-SF) 45 rec yards, 1 TD, 11.25 points
Larry Fitzgerald (WR-ARI) 156 rec yards, 2 TDs, 28.80 points
Ryan Grant (RB-GB) 101 rush yards, 1 TD, 17.60 points
Pittsburgh Defence 0 points allowed, 4 sacks, 2 Fumbs recovered, 23 points.

Pretty impressive stuff, and all in all a strong statement to the rest of the league as they sail imperiously on to 11-1, while the warriors need to forget this very soon, as they are still well in the running at 7-5.

With 3 regular weeks left, there is a big race developing at the top with 8 teams still in very realistic contention for 3 places, and a further 2 not completely dead yet.

Rossie11

Correct me if I am wrong but arent there are extra points available this year.
For example Larry Fitz would "only" have got 7.5pts for his 150yards and 12 for TDs giving him 19.5.
Think there are bonus pts for reaching 100, 150 etc.
Shame to waste a fluke score like that in regular season..  :P

He got Fitzgerald for Burgess.. robbery..

Rossie11

Packers Cowboys tonight.
O'Neill you playing yourself this week??

Wheres our champ?? Looks like is down a QB this week... cracks appearing..

ONeill

How humiliating that would be - to lose to a nonentity pretending to be me but hasn't looked at the thing since the start!!!

ONeill

The nightmare has become a reality. My 20+ reliable, Favre, injures his wrist and scores minus 2.

shane oneills

O'Neill's Chargers

#
Lummox Squad 57
Faithful Turfmen

#
Cleveland Steamers
Curragh Rams

#
L'Esprit de Biff
Ardboe Astros

#
Galway Impactplayers
Mayo Mafiosi

#
Sydneys Sailors
hegans helmets

#
Craigyhill Terrors
Crossmaglen Hitmen

#
Red Hand Helmets
Lurgan Langers

#
BallyhaiseBroncos
mayo warriors

#
Ruthless Rossies
League Champs 07/08

AZOffaly

Good battle in prospect in the Offaly match up between myself and Turk. His kicker has given him the advantage, but Donald Driver didn't run up a huge score.

the Deel Rover

league champ 07/08 keeping very quite this week whats up?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

ONeill

LATEST:

#
shane oneills
O'Neill's Chargers

#
Lummox Squad 57
Faithful Turfmen

#
Cleveland Steamers
Curragh Rams

#
L'Esprit de Biff
Ardboe Astros

#
Galway Impactplayers
Mayo Mafiosi

#
Sydneys Sailors
hegans helmets

#
Craigyhill Terrors
Crossmaglen Hitmen

#
Red Hand Helmets
Lurgan Langers

#
BallyhaiseBroncos
mayo warriors

#
Ruthless Rossies
League Champs 07/08

ONeill

Latest Standings:

League Champs 12-1
Ruthless 9-4
Craigyhill 9-4
Curragh 9-4
----------------
O'Neill 8-5
Mayo W 8-5
Biff 8-5

fntn

any score updates after MNF?

the steamers had a close one this week as well