Gordy appoints New Norn Iron supremo: Shaun Woodward

Started by Fiodoir Ard Mhacha, June 21, 2007, 09:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: Long time dead on June 21, 2007, 01:29:45 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 21, 2007, 01:04:47 PM
Quote from: guy crouchback on June 21, 2007, 12:50:25 PM
I see what you are saying Gwel and i suppose you are right. But if people are going to vote for these guys the best we can hope for is that they get on together.

Yes, but to get on sooo well, sooo soon. Makes you wonder what the last 40 years was about.

FFS it wasn't just about two individuals, now catch a grip.

Yes, but they were the personification of a hate figure for the otherside.
Testing Accessibility

Long time dead

Quote from: ziggysego on June 21, 2007, 01:30:54 PM
Quote from: Long time dead on June 21, 2007, 01:29:45 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 21, 2007, 01:04:47 PM
Quote from: guy crouchback on June 21, 2007, 12:50:25 PM
I see what you are saying Gwel and i suppose you are right. But if people are going to vote for these guys the best we can hope for is that they get on together.

Yes, but to get on sooo well, sooo soon. Makes you wonder what the last 40 years was about.

FFS it wasn't just about two individuals, now catch a grip.

Yes, but they were the personification of a hate figure for the otherside.

And because they get on sooo well soo soon  - you seriously are wondering what the last 40 years are about - you are a very simple individual I suspect.

ziggysego

So much for the rumours that Brown was just going to have a Minister of Devoluation, or whatever title the person was going to have.
Testing Accessibility

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Welcome another Tory as Norn Iron Secretary (here's someone we can all trust - he plays for both sides)

Shaun Anthony Woodward (born 26 October 1958, Bristol) is a British politician, and Labour Member of Parliament for St Helens South. In the May 2006 reshuffle, Tony Blair appointed Woodward Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Culture, Media and Sport with responsibilities for the digital handover for TV. In his first cabinet of June 2007, Gordon Brown appointed him Secretary of State for Northern Ireland.

Woodward was educated at the elite Bristol Grammar School and the University of Cambridge. He was selected as Douglas Hurd's successor as Conservative candidate for the safe seat of Witney at the 1997 election, having previously been a senior official of the party. Elected with a large majority, he was a front-bench spokesman on London for the Conservative opposition under William Hague until 1999.

Woodward then controversially left the Conservative party for the ruling Labour Party. In the next election he decided not to contest his Witney seat under the Labour banner and instead found a safe Labour seat in St Helens South. His successor in Witney was David Cameron, who subsequently became leader of the Conservatives.

He is married to Camilla Sainsbury, daughter of the former Conservative MP Tim Sainsbury of the wealthy supermarket Sainsbury family, and was said in 2001 to be the only Labour MP with a butler.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

ziggysego

f**k sake!  >:(

Well at least this time, he won't (hopefully) have much input!
Testing Accessibility

Donagh

Young Ian will be pleased:

Paisley – "Where is Our Security Minister?"
06 February 2006

Paisley – "Where is Our Security Minister?"

DUP security spokesman Ian Paisley Jnr has rounded on the Security Minister Shaun Woodward after revelations in the eighth IMC Report cast huge questions over the credibility of the NIO Security Minister.

Commenting Mr Paisley said, "Following the publishing of the most recent IMC report one must ask serious questions about the ability of our Security Minister to make an assessment on the IRA activity.  Was our Security Minister not privy to the same information as the IMC? If he was, how was his assessment so wide of the mark?

The IMC made it perfectly clear that the IRA was up to its neck in money laundering, fuel smuggling, intelligence gathering and were even oiling those weapons which, it seems, they overlooked in the decommissioning process.  Did the Security Minister not know that the IICD had been asked to make a further assessment on the weapons retained by the IRA?

Shaun Woodward's position has been truly undermined by this most recent IMC report.   Why, on a day, when there has been such a damning report on the activities of the IRA has our Security Minister remained silent?  Is he hanging his head in shame?  Once again this raises serious questions about Mr Woodward's credibility.  We can have no faith in him as a Security Minister.  His spinning has been found out and he must go."
Posted at 13:20:45

uselessfootballer

This guy is a disaster, he was over here before responsible largely for health and he was nothing but sound bites, never off the tv and radio, a real media hoor.
At one stage I actually thought he and Stephen Nolan were the same person spouting the same I'll change the world crap.

He will try to upstage Uncle Ian and Sniper Eyes McGuiness at every opportunity