Dublin & Offaly in Leinster U21 Hurling final

Started by TBT, June 20, 2007, 11:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

I would advise you to exit this debate here and now. Quite frankly as a Dublin fan your comments are a disgrace.It was a disgraceful pull the worst i have seen in over 25 years of watching games etc. He's damn lucky he didn't get 6 months because that's what he deserved.
Paul Curran lost 4 teeth and got  a broken jaw from the incident. Did you expect him to make  a charitable donation to Carton's bank account thanking him for the amount of time he now has to spend in a dentist's chair? It's not something i want associated with Dublin hurling and if Carton is now banned he can have no complaints. I think i speak for the vast majority of Dublin hurling fans in saying that we don't in any way wnat to be associated with your comments which are scandalous quite frankly..

Lone Shark

Quote from: cnoc16 on July 22, 2007, 03:06:56 PM
to reprimand carton would be a disgrace in letting people away with off the ball stuff and much wilder pulls

What the hell games do you be watching? That was as bad a swipe as I've seen in ages.

As the lads suggested, you'd be fairly on your own in this opinion, Dublin supporters or otherwise.

resdubwhite

I'm with the majority here too. A horrible horrbile pull. ANd I can't think of one worse.

Hope Curran mends well. Carton is rightly in serious trouble over it.

bottlethrower7

Carton should get at least 6 months for that pull. It was the lowest of the low and anyone thinking it was on the ball is deluded. But the ref stupidly gave a yellow card for the incident so I really can't see what else can happen. It might set a dangerous precedent for some disciplinary committee to overrule (and undermine) a ref. In saying that, if there was ever a right time to do it it would be now. Someone like that has no place on a hurling pitch.

And Curran was busy lying on the ground in agony to have reacted, so I'm pretty sure any allegations are well wide of the mark.

the ship

amazingly bt i have to agree with you again, an appalling wallop as you are ever likely to see

cnoc16

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on July 23, 2007, 10:38:48 AM
And Curran was busy lying on the ground in agony to have reacted, so I'm pretty sure any allegations are well wide of the mark.

Curran was well enough to accost carton at the end of the game, right in front of me and many other dublin and tipp fans and players as i strolled across the pitch.

It was a wild pull, i don't think it was malicious and i dont think there should be any comeback if the referee made his decision on it there and then to give him a yellow card.

the disciplinary system has gotten so far out of hand the last three years it is unreal. the fact is that there are pulls like that in club games around the country every weekend and the referee makes a decision on it and it is final. there is no reason why the referees decision shouldn't be final at inter county level, if anything it is telling us that the supposed best referees in the country make mistakes n they have to be overrrled. what does that say for club referees?

we can't keep calling referees decisions into question, as they do one of the hardest jobs and the most thankless jobs in the association. i for one wouldn't ever question a refs decision and respect them fully in their decisions and when they make a decision at intercounty level it should be final.

that is not to say that i don't agree with off the ball stuff being looked at by the disciplinary committees

bottlethrower7

Quote from: cnoc16 on July 23, 2007, 05:07:54 PM
It was a wild pull, i don't think it was malicious and i dont think there should be any comeback if the referee made his decision on it there and then to give him a yellow card.

see my previous comment about being deluded

tayto

slow corner back

Any date set yet for the all ireland semi?

cnoc16

carton wrongly is after gettin an eight week suspension, dcb are appealing the decision rightly.

semi final vs antrim is on the weekend of august 19th.

the ship

homeofhurling8

Quote from: cnoc16 on July 23, 2007, 05:07:54 PM
Quote from: bottlethrower7 on July 23, 2007, 10:38:48 AM

It was a wild pull, i don't think it was malicious

What colour is the sky on your planet ? What in the name of Christ was Carton attempting to do ? He pulled two feet below the ball into the right side of Currans face as Curran caught the ball in his left hand,if by some freak of nature Carton had actually connected with the ball he would have sent it out over the stand on that side of the field ! It was a deliberate,malicious stroke which Carton took a step back and to the side to execute,as dirty a stroke as we are ever likely to see on a hurling field.

the fact is that there are pulls like that in club games around the country every weekend and the referee makes a decision on it and it is final

Jesus wept,are you for real,so lads around the country are having their faces rearranged and amateur dentistry performed every weekend are they ? Its a wonder we have anyone left playing the game at all.

If the 8 week ban is true then its nothing short of a disgrace.

Lone Shark

Quote from: cnoc16 on July 25, 2007, 11:00:47 AM
carton wrongly is after gettin an eight week suspension, dcb are appealing the decision rightly.

semi final vs antrim is on the weekend of august 19th.

If Dublin county board are having the cheek to appeal that ban, then Dublin hurling will very quickly find itself losing a lot of the goodwill that's floating round for them at the moment. That is a lenient ban, and i'd imagine most genuine Dublin supporters will be embarassed by the fact that people are trying to get him off, much like we were when Mcintyre went around giving out about the league structure after we got relegated instead of at the start of the year. We'd expect this kind of trickery from the Wig in Cork, not from the Dubs.

If ever there was a case for extending his ban for having the brass neck to appeal, this is the case.

I'm just glad that the Leinster Final was such a comprehensive win. It's a lot easier take defeat knowing your team were outplayed than it would be if we lost by one or two with Carton playing.

Onlooker

I think that the Dublin County Board are making a big mistake if they appeal the suspension on Paedar Carton, as there must be a very real chance that his suspension will be increased.  I think that 2 months is a very lenient period of suspension.  They are also doing theit best to reduce the amount of goodwill towards Dublin that exists in most hurling counties.   If this appealgoes ahead it would be fitting if Dublin lost to Antrim in the All Ireland Semi Final.  I certainly hope that Antrim win that game.

tayto

Agree with the lads, appealing this is a joke.

Mind you other counties are just as guilty of this attitude of always trying to get their man off the hook no matter what. It's something I cant stand.

Take the punishment and get on with it.

Agree that an 8 week ban seems lenient if anything, then again, he's going to miss an all Ireland semi-final and possibly final so maybe the length of the ban is fair considering the enormity of the matches he'll miss. The biggest matches in Dublin hurling in decades.