Dublin & Offaly in Leinster U21 Hurling final

Started by TBT, June 20, 2007, 11:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Going to go to this on wednesday.Would like to see Dublin win too be honest
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

That's not the deal. We have it already sorted out. Dublin win the Minor, Offaly the Under 21 and Kilkenny the Senior.

Offaly need this even more than Dublin do.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 16, 2007, 03:41:47 PM
That's not the deal. We have it already sorted out. Dublin win the Minor, Offaly the Under 21 and Kilkenny the Senior.

Offaly need this even more than Dublin do.

Offaly always seem to be needing something ::),It was the same when they were relegated and the Offaly Manager starting crowing about Offaly hurling needing to be in Divison 1 when it was a downright disgrace that Laois weren't being promoted after winning Div 2.But the Offaly manager failed to mention that,It didn't matter that Laois hurling might have needed it sure their only minnows

I hope Dublin win,I think it's silly saying Offaly need it more.It's a final it's not about someone needing to win it's about whos the best and i think Dublin hurling will offer more than Offaly over the next ten years
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

Laoislad, you are some tulip. Yes Offaly need to win this, and we need it more than Dublin because Dublin have far more success at underage in the recent past than we do.

And your own assertion that Dublin will offer more in the next 10 years is the precise reason why Offaly need it more at the moment. We need to rally ourselves.

Regarding McIntyre's idiotic comments, I think every Offaly person I've spoken to disassociates themselves from them. If we were poor enough to go down, then down we go. Likewise Laois should have come up to make it a 10 team division. If ye had a years hurling at Division 1, maybe ye could even give us a game in the Championship next year.

AZOffaly

PS. Unlike Laois when I say 'we need' I mean 'we need to burst ourselves to win it'. When Laois say 'we need', they go and hire Mick O'Dwyer.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

That's a very easy set up Laoislad, but I'll not lower myself :D

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 16, 2007, 06:35:41 PM
That's a very easy set up Laoislad, but I'll not lower myself :D

;) Come on the BIFFOS DIVISION 4 FOOTBALLERS AND DIVISON 2 HURLERS!!!

only joking of course AZ i love Offaly
You'll Never Walk Alone.

INDIANA

going to be close- just praying mc caffrey is fit- we need all hands on deck for this one.

dubsnsubs

Agreed it will be close but I'd make Offaly slight favourites due to their victory over Kilkenny in Kilkenny being worth more than our 1 point victory over Wexford in Parnell park. Also Dublins injuries have to have an effect. Heres hoping for a big crowd and a good game.
Up the Dubs!

Gnevin

Someone told me this is sold out , can any one confirm?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Lone Shark

I can't imagine it - I didn't even hear anything about tickets going on sale down in Offaly myself. (Albeit I'm living in Galway and can't travel due to work, but even so....) There'll be some ructions if this is the case - many people I know didn't know anything about tickets and are just travelling up.

I don't remember a press release or anything saying it'll be all ticket?

Onlooker

I would like to see Offaly win this one and I believe that they will.

dubsnsubs

This match is deffo pay at the gate. I'd expect 8/9000 to attend....hopefully.

Lone Shark

Congrats to the Dub folk. Our lads kept battling, but there were just too many of them not at the races. Dublin were outhurling us in too many areas of the field, and barring a few spells either side of half time they were the better team. We'd have been delighted to take the draw if we got it, but it would have been undeserved on the night.

Now go and win the bloody thing please. If we have to lose, I really hope it goes to a county that would actually get a real boost from the win, and no disrespect but that ain't Galway or Cork.