GAA in Britain

Started by BennyHarp, June 20, 2007, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

All Britain JFC HT Glen Rovers 3-2 Dunedin Connollys 0-4; Heston Gaels 1-4 John Mitchels 0-5

Zulu

All Britain JFC FT Connollys 1-11 Glen Rovers 3-5, ET about to start; 53 mins John Mitchels 0-12 Heston Gaels 1-9

Close all round, think Connollys will pull away in ET and the second semi could well go to ET too.

Zulu

Heston and Mitchels heading to ET, Connollys and Glen Rovers still level at HT in ET

Zulu

Connollys through to the final, not sure of final score and no news on the other semi yet.

Zulu

All Britain JFC FT AET Dunedin Connollys 3-16 Glen Rovers 3-8; Mitchels 3 up on Heston just into 2nd half ET

Zulu

All Britain JFC SF AET John Mitchels 0-20 Heston Gaels 1-15

Dunedin Connollys (Edinburgh) and John Mitchells (Liverpool) will play the final in two weeks time. I don't think there will be any clear favourite but Mitchells will be favoured I think.

BennyHarp

Sounds like 2 good games.  I believe Glen Rovers got 2 men sent of in extra time, even still Dunedin did well to recover from conceding 3 goals in the first half. Should be a good final - I wonder where that will be - would be worth making an effort to go and watch that one.
That was never a square ball!!

Zulu

Newcastle? Wouldn't that be the natural mid way point or is there not a field suitable for the final there? I'm not sure where they played when they met in the final 4 years ago.

BennyHarp

Newcastle would be half way but would they play at a pitch without changing rooms? If not, that would rule out leeds too.
That was never a square ball!!

Zulu

If there's no changing rooms then I'd doubt it but I remember playing a challenge match v Newcastle at a sports centre (linked to the Uni I'm sure) so if they could get that then that might work. I hope I don't have to travel to Manchester or Birmingham anyway!

carnaross

The obvious choice for venue would be Leeds or Newcastle, however, with no facilities in either venue, then off they'll go to Birmingham. I seem to recall Mitchel's and Cu Chulainns played their final there a few years ago. Should be a cracker wherever it's played.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Zulu

Two evenly matched teams I'd say. Connollys are good but not exceptional and I've heard JM are the similar, though as always the weather and a bit of luck will have an influence at this time of the year.

carnaross

According to the Britain GAA website, the final is set for Birmingham on November 24 at 1.00pm.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Plastic Paddy

PnH at 1.30. Surprised they have sent it to us but pleased. Mitchel's of Birmingham should be gutted. There was an All Britain there this year.

Zulu

Long trek and I don't know how I'll get there yet. Train is too expensive and flights aren't working out time-wise so far. Club bus is an option but only as a last resort!